Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,375 members, 7,954,521 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:06 PM

"It Will Take Ten Policemen To Handle One Nigerian" - Indian Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "It Will Take Ten Policemen To Handle One Nigerian" - Indian Police (3536 Views)

Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! / Mbu’s Order To Policemen To Kill Barbaric, Lawless – APC / Policemen To Earn New Wage From October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"It Will Take Ten Policemen To Handle One Nigerian" - Indian Police by manchy7531: 1:57pm On Nov 02, 2013
This is the funniest thing I've heard all day, I knew Nigerians were strong but not this strong!, its funny how other people view us, I know this is very little and not worthy of praise but the fact Nigerians are this strong should be a bit comforting.

Nigerians are "seven feet" tall, are "huge and aggressive" and it needs anywhere between two to 10 Goa Police personnel to tackle each of them. That's why, says Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, the police could not reign in an irate mob of Nigerians that blocked a key highway, beat up policemen and vandalised a police van after one of their compatriots was found murdered.

"They are huge and aggressive. Some of them are seven feet tall. It would take at least 100 of our policemen to handle a crowd of 50 Nigerians," Parrikar told reporters, when he was asked why the police force did not make any effort for nearly an hour to clear National Highway-17 that was blocked Thursday by bare-torsoed, muscled Nigerians armed with hockey sticks, bamboos and knives.

The Nigerians were demanding that the autopsy on the deceased Obinna Obiwesi be conducted in the presence of the Nigerian ambassador in India.

The murder, the Nigerian protestors claimed, had been committed by a gang called Chapora boys, a notorious underground drug mafia operating in north Goa, and the police had been unwilling to act against the alleged murderers, who were locals. They blocked the highway by dumping the corpse bang in the middle of the road after smashing open the police hearse and extracting the body from it.

The brazen manner in which Goa Police officers were cowered down in public by a group of 50 well-built Nigerians (the mob later swelled to nearly 200) and Parrikar's continued dogged defence of the state police has evoked an extremely strong reaction in the social media as well as among people across sections.

The mob not only threatened and warded off over 20 policemen, including Superintendent of Police (North) Priyanka Kashyap, but also told the latter off in a verbal duel.

The intimidation was such that Parrikar, himself claimed that he saw one "herculesque Nigerian" who he believed would need 10 Goa policemen to control.
- See more at: http://todaysgist..in/2013/11/it-will-take-10-policemen-to-handle-1.html#sthash.mS5PnAw0.Yw0JiT5Z.dpuf

1 Like

Re: "It Will Take Ten Policemen To Handle One Nigerian" - Indian Police by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 02, 2013
Did they really have to dump the Corpse in the middle of the Road?
Re: "It Will Take Ten Policemen To Handle One Nigerian" - Indian Police by iterator25: 2:13pm On Nov 02, 2013
Lol
Re: "It Will Take Ten Policemen To Handle One Nigerian" - Indian Police by manchy7531: 2:34pm On Nov 02, 2013
mascot87:
Run to who? hahahaha, guy na die you wan die be that o. No reason go that area at all.Make we no pray make things wey u no like happen cos u no go fit watch am finish o

ALL you can do is make noise........
Re: "It Will Take Ten Policemen To Handle One Nigerian" - Indian Police by bionicdude(m): 2:42pm On Nov 02, 2013
naija boys are not smiling o.i love the fact that they don't take shit from all dis peeps.it's good to stand for your right

2 Likes

Re: "It Will Take Ten Policemen To Handle One Nigerian" - Indian Police by Articul8(m): 2:44pm On Nov 02, 2013
Why can't we just address the posted issue as it were and nt trying to derail the whole tin.I dint read anywia in dis post dt made mention of the tribe of Nigerians dt gathered,so why create unnecessary upheaval here?
We can keep faitin @ home,bt wen outside the country,we are one.

1 Like

Re: "It Will Take Ten Policemen To Handle One Nigerian" - Indian Police by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 02, 2013
Lmao at 'Herculesque Nigerian'...the igbos are born warriors,fearless..

3 Likes

Re: "It Will Take Ten Policemen To Handle One Nigerian" - Indian Police by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 02, 2013
They will be on the next flight to Akanu Biam International Airport by end of the month for their chest beating.

3 Likes

Re: "It Will Take Ten Policemen To Handle One Nigerian" - Indian Police by JonaTheClown: 2:50pm On Nov 02, 2013
Hehehehe buhagahagaahaha
Naija No de DULL!
WE DE BULLYING THEM ON TOP THEIR OWN LAND!
Hehehehe Hehehehe
...#LaughingLikeAnIdiot#
Re: "It Will Take Ten Policemen To Handle One Nigerian" - Indian Police by nke001: 2:55pm On Nov 02, 2013
n Oga Jona is handling above 160m...
Proudly Naija
Re: "It Will Take Ten Policemen To Handle One Nigerian" - Indian Police by taiocol: 3:09pm On Nov 02, 2013
naija ppl be lyk prince arthur

1 Like

Re: "It Will Take Ten Policemen To Handle One Nigerian" - Indian Police by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 02, 2013
nke001: n Oga Jona is handling above 160m...
Proudly Naija
LoL...then imagine 160m X 10=world war 3 for India.
Re: "It Will Take Ten Policemen To Handle One Nigerian" - Indian Police by Brimmie(m): 3:14pm On Nov 02, 2013
Nigerians Get Drogba For Head Nor Be Small!! grin grin
Re: "It Will Take Ten Policemen To Handle One Nigerian" - Indian Police by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 02, 2013
Smhw I knw dat if it was in Nigeria dat a gang killed an Indian man, by now d entire gang members and der family for dae cell... But if its vice versa d indian authorities fom a blind eye, like d Nigeria student in cyprus case.

3 Likes

Re: "It Will Take Ten Policemen To Handle One Nigerian" - Indian Police by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 02, 2013
payless: They will be on the next flight to Akanu Biam International Airport by end of the month for their chest beating.

We all know if it was you there, you would go and cower and hide in a hole.

3 Likes

Re: "It Will Take Ten Policemen To Handle One Nigerian" - Indian Police by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 02, 2013
ROSSIKE:

I wouldn't put myself in such situation.
Re: "It Will Take Ten Policemen To Handle One Nigerian" - Indian Police by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 02, 2013
Nigeria ke parile puura maira.

kundi
dondi grin
Re: "It Will Take Ten Policemen To Handle One Nigerian" - Indian Police by ifyalways(f): 4:05pm On Nov 02, 2013
Quite true!

The few I met on my trips to India are intimidatingly tall + carrying long dreadlocks. Indians are generally petite.
Re: "It Will Take Ten Policemen To Handle One Nigerian" - Indian Police by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 02, 2013
ROSSIKE:

LoL... U know dz ppl very well, if it was them, the police wud't need weapons, all they need is 1 big koboko, and like 3 policemen, even if they re 100 in numbers...
Re: "It Will Take Ten Policemen To Handle One Nigerian" - Indian Police by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 02, 2013
On what moral ground can we complain about police brutality in India, if we are prepared to accept the characterisation of ALL Nigerians as "huge and aggressive" without question? Is it not clear that, by accepting this thinly veiled racial descriptor, we are actually condoning the subjugation of our compatriots by all means necessary?

6 Likes

Re: "It Will Take Ten Policemen To Handle One Nigerian" - Indian Police by Deschil: 4:42pm On Nov 02, 2013
I agree! It is veiled racism used in a desperate bid to hide the inefficiency of the Indian Police and perhaps to call for more force...?
eGuerrilla: On what moral ground can we complain about police brutality in India, if we are prepared to accept the characterisation of ALL Nigerians as "huge and aggressive" without question? Is it not clear that, by accepting this thinly veiled racial descriptor, we are actually condoning the subjugation of our compatriots by all means necessary?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Onitcha Gra I And Gra Ii / PICS: Meet The Man Who Thinks He Is Jesus! / The Cloning Of Barcanista's Name And Its Repercussion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.