Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,468 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:48 AM

Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop (1962 Views)

These 5 Powerful People May Cause Nigeria’s Break-up / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka / IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by EngrH: 7:03am On Nov 03, 2013
Conference won’t stop Nigeria’s
break-up – Bishop
NOVEMBER 3, 2013 BY LEKE
BAIYEWU
47 Comments
Rt. Rev. Peter Adebiyi (retd.)
Retired Bishop of the Church of
Nigeria (Anglican Communion),
Lagos-West Diocese, Rt. Rev. Peter
Adebiyi, has faulted those who
do not want the proposed
national conference to lead to
Nigeria’s break-up.
He said there are several
indications that the nationalities
in the country are living together
under duress. He said this was
evident in the high level of
religious intolerance being
experienced, which was reflected
in politics.
Adebiyi, who spoke on the state
of the nation in Lagos on
Saturday, said it would be
suicidal for him to walk in some
places in the North in his robe
without being attacked for being
a Christian.
He noted that such would not
occur, if he goes to the North as
a foreigner. He said if he was
killed as a foreigner from
Yorubaland, there would be
diplomatic row but if he was
killed as a Nigerian, only his
family would bear the loss.
He identified the born-to-rule
mentality of some northerners as
one of the causes of the crises in
the country. “An average
northerner believes that he was
born to rule Nigeria and that is
the essence of the conference
we are talking about,” he said.
Adebiyi said, “Sometime, when I
see people speak about one
Nigeria, I remain silent because I
know that Nigeria is not one. We
have an agglomeration of
nations in Nigeria. I will only go
to where I’ll be tolerated.
“It is only those who are after
money; those who are selfish
that say we are a country. How
do I call where I’m not wanted
my own? Everything is a deceit;
Nigeria is a country of great
deceit.
“It is time for every one of us, if
this conference is real, to say that
‘this is what we want.’ If we
cannot live together, why can’t I
go home? What is wrong, if I say
I’m going home?”
The retired bishop blamed the
failures of the countries anti-
graft agencies on lack of political
will by the government. He said
they were driven politically.
He stated that it would be
difficult for the head of an anti-
graft agency appointed by the
President to investigate the
President, if indicted.
The bishop said, “I was a
member of the Code of Conduct
Bureau at its inception in 1988;
eleven of us were members. I
was there for 20 years until few
years ago. I cannot say what my
eyes saw. At a point, the bureau
became a god that cannot bite
because the setup was good but
the operating value was bad.”
Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by fiizznation: 7:14am On Nov 03, 2013
religion leaders should stay out of politics.
Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by fiizznation: 7:19am On Nov 03, 2013
Lagos-West Diocese,

retired bishop now a full time politician angry
Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by UcheHarmony: 7:21am On Nov 03, 2013
Abegiii make we break jare,am tired of being wit ndi ofe mmanu and ndi eze gworo
Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by tomakint: 7:23am On Nov 03, 2013
fiizznation: angry angry mr man ll u stay out of politics and face ur church?? dnt knw waz wrong with dis church leaders of nowadays.. they always think they also have a say in the political affairs of the nation..
Thunder fire that your ugly mouth for being so crude. So you can't pick the salient points the Bishop has raised undecided I pity your ugly generations!

7 Likes

Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by 99100(m): 7:24am On Nov 03, 2013
When we say so they say we are bigots, we are this we are that ...
Thank God bishop 'ADEBIYI' is saying same.
I know sooner than later that BIAFRA will secede from this unholy,disjoint union called Nigeria.
But untill then #GEJ MUST CONTINUA..#
Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by Ybu2(m): 7:26am On Nov 03, 2013
On coruption i agree with bishop but i disagree on born to rule issue, though is part of our elit but not this generation of northen youth.
Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by Emperor00S: 7:27am On Nov 03, 2013
fiizznation: angry angry mr man ll u stay out of politics and face ur church?? dnt knw waz wrong with dis church leaders of nowadays.. they always think they also have a say in the political affairs of the nation..

^^^

Did the man say the truth or not?

He's 100% correct, we can't continue to live in deceit, on something that doesn't exist.

Please next time, if you don't understand someone's write up, read only and don't comment.

1 Like

Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by fiizznation: 7:46am On Nov 03, 2013
tomakint:
Thunder fire that your ugly mouth for being so crude. So you can't pick the salient points the Bishop has raised undecided I pity your ugly generations!
if u dnt hav any reasonable thing to tell me with ur soot cranium, dnt quote me nxt time..
Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by edoyad(m): 7:53am On Nov 03, 2013
Spoken like a true patriot.
Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by sylvar02(m): 7:58am On Nov 03, 2013
[size=90]ALL NA END TIME THINGS[/size]

1 Like

Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by tomakint: 8:01am On Nov 03, 2013
fiizznation: if u dnt hav any reasonable thing to tell me with ur soot cranium, dnt quote me nxt time.. a.s.s.w.i.p.e
Will you shut up and stop being a kid, do you take this place as your playing ground or what? I repeat, I pity your ugly generations MUMU!

1 Like

Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by ayodeji752: 8:07am On Nov 03, 2013
For speedy development and peace, nigeria must break. D population of Germany, Bosnia, Austria, Belgium and 4 more countries in Europe is not up to dat of Nigeria alone. Wot does dat tell nigerians?

3 Likes

Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by tomakint: 8:07am On Nov 03, 2013
Emperor_00S:

^^^

Did the man say the truth or not?

He's 100% correct, we can't continue to live in deceit, on something that doesn't exist.

Please next time, if you don't understand someone's write up, read only and don't comment.
You get time for the mumu sha, that boy must be a junior secondary school student, too stupid to be corrected, product of ugly generations.....just imagine his reactions to voice of reason!
Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 03, 2013
I am just happy that ppl re beginning to see line of reasoning in Nigeria's breakup. We re not one Nation.
At least if Nigeria break's up, d northerners re free to practise there born to rule mentality,sharia, even if they like let them reduce cut of marks of all der schools to zero, we won't be an obstacle.
Also I think a referendum is to be held in the states in d middlebelt, those that want to join the north should be allowed to, same goes for those that want to join d regions in d south.
As for d southsouth same too, those that want to join the west should be allowed to, same goes for the east.
Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 03, 2013
All but true.
Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by OkBounce(m): 8:22am On Nov 03, 2013
fiizznation: >sad >sad mr man ll u stay out of politics and face ur church?? dnt knw waz wrong with dis church leaders of nowadays.. they always think they also have a say in the political affairs of the nation..
Kid will u shut it! Is it a must to comment here if you don't know what to say,the bishop spewed a perfect assertion,never allow personal interest n greed to cloud your common sense.

1 Like

Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by fiizznation: 8:24am On Nov 03, 2013
tomakint:
Will you shut up and stop being a kid, do you take this place as your playing ground or what? I repeat, I pity your ugly generations MUMU!
i dnt actually reply low-lifes twice. thank ur stars i called u a g.o.o.n even though u r more a fiend to me. i wont engage myself in any e-line debacle with a e- social riff.raff like u again .
Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by bloggernaija: 8:24am On Nov 03, 2013
The bishop has said it all.
Nigeria is a living lie.
You cannot but feel that you are in a foriegn country whenever you travel to other regions.
As a SWtner ,The closest places that feels like home are cross river,akwa ibom and PH.
Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 03, 2013
Ok-Bounce:
Kid will u shut it! Is it a must to comment here if you don't know what to say,the bishop spewed a perfect assertion,never allow personal interest n greed to cloud your common sense.
Don't waste ur time fighting with him, he is a northerner, he is one of d deceit that d Bishop is talking abt.
Haven't u ppl wondered d reason y other regions when talking abt Nigeria, they say wat we want for Nigeria, but when ppl from d north talk abt Nigeria, they don't refer to themselves as Nigerians, they refer to themselves as northerners, and der is always"what we want for d north".
Ask Y
Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by ACM10: 8:45am On Nov 03, 2013

Are you saying that he has no rïght to comment on issues in his country?
Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by gerald09(m): 8:48am On Nov 03, 2013
Dats our problem, Nigerians are very good @ talking about what dey want rather than fight for it. we wait for some1 else to do d dirty job while we sit to place judgement. We all know Nigeria needs to break up we've known dat for 5 decades n within dat tym only 1 men had the courage to fight for that separation. Now every1 just come on media complain n complain n complain n complain. The people in power aint planning for a separation in d nearest future dat is y countries are investing in Nigeria cos Nigerians are going No where.

2 Likes

Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by obyrich(m): 10:14am On Nov 03, 2013
The fact that students have been home for about five month now is an indication that NIGERIA HAS NO FUTURE! The opportunity to part ways showed up in 1967. You guys bungled it. So lets remain one Nigeria, whatever that means. Ojukwu must be laughing at some people in French.
Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by Kanwulia: 10:16am On Nov 03, 2013
Abeg, make we find small money give this BISHOP OF DOOM to keep kwayet like REUBEN ALBATROSS e jor!

Shiiiiiiiiiioooooooooor!
Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by ikweremilitant: 11:05am On Nov 03, 2013
EngrH: Conference won’t stop Nigeria’s
break-up – Bishop
NOVEMBER 3, 2013 BY LEKE
BAIYEWU
47 Comments
do not want the proposed
Nigeria’s break-up.
in politics.
a Christian.
the country. “An average
have an agglomeration of
deceit.
I’m going home?”
President, if indicted.
words of wisdom frm were i never expectd.well tell dat to your ignorbnt fools of a brodas in d west.nd u wil see dm insult ds man here
Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by wecan: 11:07am On Nov 03, 2013
The truth is about to manifest and innocent souls shall no longer be slaughtered
Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by dasparrow: 11:12am On Nov 03, 2013
@Post

I agree with the bishop. Nigerians are not united. We can't agree on anything. Its just terrible. Please we need a national sovereign conference because the way Nigeria is right now, we are just heading towards doom.
Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by ikweremilitant: 11:14am On Nov 03, 2013
seun,its high tyme u open kidies section.bia op give ur father d laptop tell hm ur chating wit hs schol mates.and, geeet d heell out.

1 Like

Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by maximunimpact(m): 11:35am On Nov 03, 2013
What's d retired bishop's bizness wit politics? Is dis wat he is called 2 preach? Doz ignorant blind followers above av been spewing rubish on a poster who rightly said MOG's hav no stake in politics. Dis is wat d bible refer to as spiritul f4nikation wit d beast! Preachers suddenly assume d role of political activists and der clueless follower apluads dem in thousands! D truth is politics is unchristian in nature n only unbelivers engage in it. If d so called bishop n oda MOG's want 2 play politics, let dem 1st openly denounce Jesus instead of using d holy name 4 selfish interest.

As 4 his point, he has no clue because 9ja is beta off united, competing wit d rest of d world.
Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by 9Willywilly: 11:44am On Nov 03, 2013
Look at this Idioot,
Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by juman(m): 12:08pm On Nov 03, 2013
One nigeria is the root of all problems in nigeria.

nigeria is a country without any citizen.

To hell with one nigeria.
Re: Conference Won't Stop Nigeria's Break-up - Bishop by Energito: 12:21pm On Nov 03, 2013
EngrH: Conference won’t stop Nigeria’s
break-up – Bishop
NOVEMBER 3, 2013 BY LEKE
BAIYEWU
47 Comments
do not want the proposed
Nigeria’s break-up.
in politics.
a Christian.
the country. “An average
have an agglomeration of
deceit.
I’m going home?”
President, if indicted.
oga pls tell that to Awo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Fashola And Younger Brother, Demola At War Over Contracts / Flood Wreaks Havoc In Ebonyi, Abakaliki (photo) / Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari On An Official Visit To Federal Poly Ilaro in 1985

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.