Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Do Atheists Believe In Nothing? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Atheists Believe In Nothing? (756 Views)

When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? / Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? / Wat Do Atheists Believe In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Atheists Believe In Nothing? by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 03, 2013
It really baffles me why some Atheists question the belief of a believer. Aint it interesting when an Atheist tells you, he/she doesn't believe in GOD? So, Who does he/she then believe?

We Christians believe in God and his Son, Jesus Christ. We believe that God created heaven and earth, he created all the creatures on the earth. The upper and lower animals, everything in general was created by God.

Muslims believe in God too, they believe God created heaven and earth and the creatures on the earth. Hence the same belief of Christians and Muslims, our belief is similar, which makes me glad any time I remember. "For God so love the world that he gave us his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life"

Every Atheist believes that the world came into existence by some random explosion called Big bang explosion. Their belief is very fascinating grin

A belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged for no reason whatsoever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs. grin Makes perfect sense huh

This alone is enough for Atheists to believe there is a supernatural being(God) who created everything.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Believe In Nothing? by Sepp360(m): 10:06am On Nov 03, 2013
sorry if i deviate from the main isshh!... I'd love u to help me wif a question!... "where, when and how did Cain get his wife"?... Cos the bible didnt record abt Adam and Eve giving birth to any female!....
Re: Do Atheists Believe In Nothing? by anthoniosp(m): 10:10am On Nov 03, 2013
Sepp360: sorry if i deviate from the main isshh!... I'd love u to help me wif a question!... "where, when and how did Cain get his wife"?... Cos the bible didnt record abt Adam and Eve giving birth to any female!....
somethings were lost as the bible was translated.. pray to God nd he will show you...
Re: Do Atheists Believe In Nothing? by Kay17: 10:17am On Nov 03, 2013
^^

You are encountering language issues. What does belief mean?

Straight from wikipedia: a psychological state wherein an individual holds a premise to be true. The atheist suddenly seems to be a believer, by holding the premise God does not exist. So alos, a premise is not limited only to topics of God, rather vast unrelated topics.

My conclusion is your question is misconceived and has a misconceived effect.
Re: Do Atheists Believe In Nothing? by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 03, 2013
Kay 17: ^^

You are encountering language issues. What does belief mean?

Straight from wikipedia: a psychological state wherein an individual holds a premise to be true. The atheist suddenly seems to be a believer, by holding the premise God does not exist. So alos, a premise is not limited only to topics of God, rather vast unrelated topics.

My conclusion is your question is misconceived and has a misconceived effect.

A feeling of being sure that someone or
something exists or that something is true.
Re: Do Atheists Believe In Nothing? by Kay17: 11:13am On Nov 03, 2013
About the same meaning with the same conclusion.
Re: Do Atheists Believe In Nothing? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:15am On Nov 03, 2013
There is difference between atheist and nihilist.

Anything outside the disbelief in the existence of God can cut in to atheism
Re: Do Atheists Believe In Nothing? by Sepp360(m): 1:42pm On Nov 03, 2013
anthoniosp: somethings were lost as the bible was translated.. pray to God nd he will show you...
So, what you're saying in essence is that the book called bible is incomplete and absolutely confusing!...cos i don't see any reason why such detail should be missing in a book you guys term as holy and perfect!.. Or maybe, Cain's wife created herself
Re: Do Atheists Believe In Nothing? by Mamacita007(f): 8:49pm On Nov 03, 2013
anthoniosp: somethings were lost as the bible was translated.. pray to God nd he will show you...

Exactly. he who has ears, let him hear

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Believe In Nothing? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 03, 2013
Mamacita007:

Exactly. he who has ears, let him hear

What the spirit is saying..... smiley

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Take On Multiple Offerings In Churches Today / Macof, Let's Discuss. / Run Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.