Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,097 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah (965 Views)

Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT / Boko Haram Suicide Bomber Killed After Vest Failed To Detonate (Photo) / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah by LMAyedun(m): 11:01am On Nov 03, 2013
The investigative hearing conducted by the House of Representatives’ Committee on Aviation leaves a lot of unasked and unanswered questions in its trail, suggesting that the lawmakers were all air and no substance.

The questions below could perhaps have helped throw more light on the controversy.

1. How could a financing deal to the tune of N643 million between a profit-driven bank and a government agency be “mere understanding and not an obligation” as the minister claimed, requiring any party to walk off at any time, when the bank had already provided funding. More so since First Bank in its earlier presentation had insisted the financing was a loan.

2. The minister said the repayment by NCAA to First Bank stretches through three years under the Medium Term Expenditure Framework; and the obligation for 2013 is N100 million, with N16 million carried forward( since monthly repayment is N23 million). At the purported N100 million for this year, the minister insisted she was within her right approving the contract without recourse to FEC.

But total servicing for three years amounts to N828 million. Given that 2013 has only taken care of N100 million, how will the balance N728 million car spending be addressed in two years? Will that not amount to forcing the National Assembly, for instance, to appropriate an average of N364 million yearly, for a car project that should go before the FEC, but which had already been approved by the minister?

3. And since the National Assembly appropriated N240 million for cars this year, no lawmaker asked the minister whether the NCAA will return the balance of N140 million since it will spend only N100 million for 2013.

4. Given that the NCAA had earlier advanced some of the arguments by the minister (except the “do the needful” argument), why did the House committee reject that same claim only to agree with the minister.

5. Why was the minister’s rebuttal about her name not being on the documents for the car not challenged since that claim only compares to expecting a receipt or invoice when a bribe is paid.

6. Why did the Reps ignore the claim by the minister that luxury armoured cars could be categorized under “security and safety vehicles” listed in the budget for use as inspection cars, for monitoring perimeter fence.

7. Why should the minister refuse to take responsibility of a breach in her ministry when she is the head?

8. Why did the minister fail to compel the NCAA to advertise the procurement of the cars as required by the Public Procurement Act? Why was it necessary to do selective tendering in that case?

9. The NCAA head, Fola Akinkuotu, clearly said the cars were for the minister and visiting foreign dignitaries. So, why did the minister tried to say she had nothing to do with the cars?

10. The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria confessed buying two armoured cars to the minister. Why does Mrs Oduah has a fetish for armoured cars?

Questions the lawmakers also missed extracting answers for, from other involved parties

1. The Chief Executive of Coscharis, Cosmas Maduka, claimed the National Security Adviser’s office called him up to review the cost of the armoured cars since, according to him, the NSA officials knew the cost of the cars, and it was clear Coscharis had underquoted. If the NSA’s office had been that meticulous, why did the office not establish the actual beneficiary of the cars?

2. Why did the NSA office in the first place ask for the “mistaken” quotation to be corrected?

3. How did Customs arrive at its duty of only N10.1 million naira, considering how much it charges private citizens for similar imports?

4. It is now clear three, not two, armoured cars were imported (although the lawmakers also lightly pressed this point). Was the third car still meant for the NCAA or the minister?

5. Why did Lagos state government agree to Coscharis’ condition that it helps in securing waiver for it when the government knew it had no need for armoured cars at the sports festival.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/147735-n255m-armoured-cars-questions-house-of-reps-committee-failed-to-ask-minister-oduah.html

1 Like

Re: Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah by yunglykmine(m): 12:16pm On Nov 03, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:

7. Why should the minister refuse to take responsibility of a breach in her ministry when she is the head?
GBAM!! Na dis one be the koko.
Re: Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah by Napoleondegreat: 12:44pm On Nov 03, 2013
Question the op should answer first: 1. why did'nt the op contest for national assembly election since he claim to know more about law making than the person representing him? 2. Since the op has this 'wealth' of knowledge, why did'nt he approach the person representing him to table his recommended questions for oduah and others?

7 Likes

Re: Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah by 9Willywilly: 1:01pm On Nov 03, 2013
Napoleondegreat: Question the op should answer first: 1. why did'nt the op contest for national assembly election since he claim to know more about law making than the person representing him? 2. Since the op has this 'wealth' of knowledge, why did'nt he approach the person representing him to table his recommended questions for oduah and others?
It is because the person representing the OP will slap him for coming near his gate, he is a nobody in the society.
Re: Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah by Napoleondegreat: 1:09pm On Nov 03, 2013
9Willywilly:
It is because the person representing the OP will slap him for coming near his gate, he is a nobody in the society.

you mean he can only talk with his keyboard in the comfort of his father's house?
Re: Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah by 1MCN: 1:28pm On Nov 03, 2013
All in an effort to keep the topic affloat in the newstream! Well, the Presidential probe panel, I believe, is still enquiring into the case, so PremiumTimes and my friend OP can forward their MultipleChoice Questions.
Re: Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah by 9Willywilly: 1:32pm On Nov 03, 2013
Napoleondegreat:
you mean he can only talk with his keyboard in the comfort of his father's house?
Yes ooooo, if the Op doubt me let him near the gate of the person representing him, the kind of beating he is going will receive!! ooohhh , he is a nobody and can only make noise through his Keyboard, that ends there.

2 Likes

Re: Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah by yunglykmine(m): 1:39pm On Nov 03, 2013
Napoleondegreat: Question the op should answer first: 1. why did'nt the op contest for national assembly election since he claim to know more about law making than the person representing him? 2. Since the op has this 'wealth' of knowledge, why did'nt he approach the person representing him to table his recommended questions for oduah and others?
What's this one saying?
Nigerians knew the house committee did the jamboree probing to calm nerves.

I don't expect any reasonable result from that Jamboree probe.

They are all bunch of corrupt folks.

2 Likes

Re: Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah by fkaz(m): 1:44pm On Nov 03, 2013

Retardian who is the op here?

1 Like

Re: Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah by ifyalways(f): 2:51pm On Nov 03, 2013
^ ^ lol

@OP,lofty dreams. Have u seen coal tar ask charcoal why its black
Its all political jamboree.
Re: Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah by yunglykmine(m): 3:26pm On Nov 03, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person!

A cretinous product of a failed education system!

Nigeria has destroyed your life. It has allowed you to grow up without any brain development and your future is very bleak now.

So one has to contest for National assembly before being entitled to question a legislator?

You are a pure person and you need to get a suicide bomb and blow up the highest school you last attended.

Blowing up the school and yourself would be your greatest contribution to society.
LOL!!!
Re: Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah by Napoleondegreat: 5:24pm On Nov 03, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person!

A cretinous product of a failed education system!

Nigeria has destroyed your life. It has allowed you to grow up without any brain development and your future is very bleak now.

So one has to contest for National assembly before being entitled to question a legislator?

You are a pure person and you need to get a suicide bomb and blow up the highest school you last attended.

Blowing up the school and yourself would be your greatest contribution to society.

Look for a nearby nursery/primary school and ask them to teach u how u can understand simple sentence such as 'obi is a boy'. When u are through then come and read my post again because any human being who knows what 'obi is a boy' means MUST also understand that i did'nt in any way suggest that one has to contest an election before he can question a legislator. Kindly follow my advice, it will help u. I swear e no go better for u if u don't do what i have asked u to do. And this generation and the entire humanity will never forgive your mother for not aborting that ill-conceived pregnancy that produced u and your father for daring to even talk to ur mother that day he impregnanted her to produce u.
Re: Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah by Napoleondegreat: 5:33pm On Nov 03, 2013
yunglykmine: What's this one saying?
Nigerians knew the house committee did the jamboree probing to calm nerves.

I don't expect any reasonable result from that Jamboree probe.

They are all bunch of corrupt folks.
why won't it be a jamboree probing since they didn't start by saying: hei! Oduah you are fired! Officer! Arrest her! Put her into jail and send her to the firing squad? That would have been a perfect probing abi?
Re: Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah by donphilopus: 5:45pm On Nov 03, 2013
Please forward this to the author, and not the OP

1 Like

Re: Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah by omenka(m): 6:04pm On Nov 03, 2013

Question this poster should ask himself: is the OP the author of these questions
Re: Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah by omenka(m): 6:10pm On Nov 03, 2013
9Willywilly:
Yes ooooo, if the Op doubt me let him near the gate of the person representing him, the kind of beating he is going will receive!! ooohhh , he is a nobody and can only make noise through his Keyboard, that ends there.

Well, at least the OP knows the difference between a porridge and the minister's sh!t.
Re: Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah by Goddex: 6:54pm On Nov 03, 2013
Only question 7 makes little sense to me. All the others are dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. . .

1 Like

Re: Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah by Sagamite(m): 7:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
Napoleondegreat:
Look for a nearby nursery/primary school and ask them to teach u how u can understand simple sentence such as 'obi is a boy'. When u are through then come and read my post again because any human being who knows what 'obi is a boy' means MUST also understand that i did'nt in any way suggest that one has to contest an election before he can question a legislator. Kindly follow my advice, it will help u. I swear e no go better for u if u don't do what i have asked u to do. And this generation and the entire humanity will never forgive your mother for not aborting that ill-conceived pregnancy that produced u and your father for daring to even talk to ur mother that day he impregnanted her to produce u.

You are a person!

What is "impregnanted"?

That is what your school taught you?

And you don't want to suicide bomb the murrafuckers as I told you to do?

person, what did'nt (sic) mean he had to contest for elections before he is knowledgeable and qualified to question a legislators performance when you said this?

person!

1 Like

Re: Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah by LMAyedun(m): 7:23pm On Nov 03, 2013
donphilopus: Please forward this to the author, and not the OP
omenka:

Question this poster should ask himself: is the OP the author of these questions
Tell him for me biko...
Re: Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah by arsenalwenger: 7:39pm On Nov 03, 2013
I think premiumtimes is already constituting nuisance in the whole matter. Some pple whom this media house represent need psychiatric evaluation.

1 Like

Re: Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah by donphilopus: 8:32pm On Nov 03, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
Tell him for me biko...
He must be told
Re: Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah by Napoleondegreat: 8:40pm On Nov 03, 2013
omenka:

No but he echoed it
Re: Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah by Napoleondegreat: 8:44pm On Nov 03, 2013
donphilopus: Please forward this to the author, and not the OP

The op should do the forwarding since he is closer to the author. You can as well help him out.
Re: Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah by amarilo: 8:50pm On Nov 03, 2013
omenka:

Since the Op is representing the author here he can as well forward those questions to the author. Case closed

1 Like

Re: Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah by donphilopus: 9:28pm On Nov 03, 2013
Napoleondegreat:

The op should do the forwarding since he is closer to the author. You can as well help him out.
Ok, you ask him to forward it to the author and not blasting him
Re: Questions House Of Reps Committee Failed To Ask Minister Oduah by Napoleondegreat: 9:50pm On Nov 03, 2013
donphilopus: Ok, you ask him to forward it to the author and not blasting him

who blasted him?

(1) (Reply)

Buhari, Tinubu Meet Amaechi Tomorrow / N500bn SURE-P Fund Missing – Senate / The Burden On Ngige, What He Requires From The Supplementary Elections To Win.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.