Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

1999 Honda Civic, A Good Buy? Advice! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 1999 Honda Civic, A Good Buy? Advice! (1460 Views)

What Car To Buy:advice Please / Is Buying A Car With A Mileage Of 109,000 Miles A Safe/good Buy? / Is Golf 4 (manual Gear) A Good Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1999 Honda Civic, A Good Buy? Advice! by johnny2013(m): 5:01pm On Nov 03, 2013
I have been following threads on Nairaland for a very long time now, especially on car talk but hardly find where anyone mentioned honda Civic 1999 model.

I honestly have a plan of buying the 1999 honda Civic auto before the end of November, can anyone advice me whether to or not to go for it? Please Ikenna, Car Doctor and other car enthusiast
Re: 1999 Honda Civic, A Good Buy? Advice! by baaliyah(m): 5:58pm On Nov 03, 2013
Solid and reliable. Cheap parts and low fuel consumption. Good interior and spacious than you think. If you can get US spec EX trim, which is scarce, you will love this car. LX is not bad as well but u dont have ABS and in- dash clock. The only minus I notice is road noise.
Re: 1999 Honda Civic, A Good Buy? Advice! by johnny2013(m): 7:51pm On Nov 03, 2013
@ ba-aliyah. I appreciate you alot but does the road noise affect the performance of the car? Also do you have the idea of the cost in Cotonou? The agent am going through said it cost 700k including custom duty but one other person said I need up to 800k. Help pls, thanks
Re: 1999 Honda Civic, A Good Buy? Advice! by baaliyah(m): 8:44pm On Nov 03, 2013
It is not impossible at 700k, but prepare for 800 to 850 so you can get the best. There are features in some trims of any car that 200k can not install, which u can get with just 50k added to the normal price. Most 99 models come with i-v tech engine with about 120hp. The road noise has nothing to do with engine or performance. My 98 model has 170k miles, I have never added a drop of oil inbtween service, A/c still working, and guess what it was a Niger used. If u have any other thing u want to know feel free. I wish u the best.
Re: 1999 Honda Civic, A Good Buy? Advice! by elektra80: 8:48pm On Nov 03, 2013
johnny2013: @ ba-aliyah. I appreciate you alot but does the road noise affect the performance of the car? Also do you have the idea of the cost in Cotonou? The agent am going through said it cost 700k including custom duty but one other person said I need up to 800k. Help pls, thanks

one thing people fail to realize is that a used car has no fixed price. Mr A might buy his own for 700k and mr B might buy his for 900k. It depends on the condition of the car, the mileage, whether its clean title or salvage, trims etc. Difference in price from a base level to the highest trim of the same car can be as high as 300k.
Re: 1999 Honda Civic, A Good Buy? Advice! by johnny2013(m): 9:26pm On Nov 03, 2013
Thanks man, I appreciate.
Re: 1999 Honda Civic, A Good Buy? Advice! by johnny2013(m): 9:37pm On Nov 03, 2013
I understand some auto mechanics in Naija normally complains about some specific vehicles (engines) eg. Golf 3 has an engine they call normal engine while the same golf3 has another type that they always warn people not to buy or even go close to.

Pls is the Iv-tech engine what mechanics can easily handle without complaints? Thanks and God bless you.
Re: 1999 Honda Civic, A Good Buy? Advice! by baaliyah(m): 10:05pm On Nov 03, 2013
It is a new technology, better than the old stuff. It is quieter, better gas milage and better performance. We as a people have problems: mechanics dont want to do any thing different just as we dont want to try other brands that are seemingly unpopular. Pls google and look for edmund reviews u will get a load of info. Cheers.
Re: 1999 Honda Civic, A Good Buy? Advice! by johnny2013(m): 6:26am On Nov 04, 2013
Thanks. I hv already read a lot of owners reviews on it including Edmunds and kkb but I believe more in what you are telling me than foreign reviews because I do think they are not too real and the conditions over there are different but you and I share something common. Wheather, bad roads etc. Thanks for your education and time. I love everything abt this car but I just cannot go beyond 700k for now.
I pray I get one with that amount.
Enjoy your day.

(1) (Reply)

2018 Range Rover Velar Fully Revealed In New Photos / 5 Things You Need To Know About Maintaining Your Honda / Clean Title Tokunbo Toyota Corolla 2004 For 1.8m, 07088129372

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.