Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu (27721 Views)

Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan / Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. / Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by bright87: 11:21pm On Aug 30, 2015
spyder880:

Did the carpenters say what made them suggest 20ft for the king post, and what was specified on the building plans?

Thanks for your response. We didn't lay much emphasis on the building plan because I wasn't sure of the roofing material/style of roofing to use for the building. His reasons for the suggestion of 20ft for the king post is because it will bring out d beauty of d building using stone coated roofing sheet. If you think 20 is cool then I will work with it just don't want anything over the top. I am not around so I do not know how 20ft king post look like physically. But have notice that in houses where the king post is very high the roof end up undermining the beauty of the building itself. I like it high but not unnecessarily high. What king post height would you recommend for a twin 3bedroom bungalow with concrete facial Thanks !
Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:58am On Aug 31, 2015
bright87:

Thanks for your response. We didn't lay much emphasis on the building plan because I wasn't sure of the roofing material/style of roofing to use for the building. His reasons for the suggestion of 20ft for the king post is because it will bring out d beauty of d building using stone coated roofing sheet. If you think 20 is cool then I will work with it just don't want anything over the top. I am not around so I do not know how 20ft king post look like physically. But have notice that in houses where the king post is very high the roof end up undermining the beauty of the building itself. I like it high but not unnecessarily high. What king post height would you recommend for a twin 3bedroom bungalow with concrete facial Thanks !

This is how high a 20 feet kingpost looks.

Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by PeoplesArmy: 7:29am On Aug 31, 2015
spyder880:

This is how high a 20 feet kingpost looks.

This is your PH job right? What's the height of King post or roof for the block of flats besides it?
Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by gabbytabby: 7:29am On Aug 31, 2015
bright87:

Generally anything over 9ft is for show. 20ft on a bungalow is a waste. My suggestion would be about 11ft.
Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:54am On Aug 31, 2015
PeoplesArmy:

This is your PH job right? What's the height of King post or roof for the block of flats besides it?

That block of flats stands at 15 feet.
Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:56am On Aug 31, 2015
gabbytabby:

Generally anything over 9ft is for show. 20ft on a bungalow is a waste. My suggestion would be about 11ft.

My sister.... its all about that "my Mercedes is bigger than yours" attitude of Nigerians. grin grin
Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by PeoplesArmy: 8:01am On Aug 31, 2015
spyder880:

That block of flats stands at 15 feet.

Thanks Prof.

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by gabbytabby: 8:22am On Aug 31, 2015
spyder880:

My sister.... its all about that "my Mercedes is bigger than yours" attitude of Nigerians. grin grin

Na so. This way he gets to do some show without going ott.
Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 31, 2015
bright87:

11-12 feet is fine for a bungalow.

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 3:59pm On Aug 31, 2015
segzy14:

11-12 feet is fine for a bungalow.

What about Duplex, guys? How many feet is appropriate.... and not for show either.
I don't like high roof anyway... Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:06pm On Aug 31, 2015
mufutau55:

What about Duplex, guys? How many feet is appropriate.... and not for show either.

Hajji M.

There is nothing wrong with a 12 ft high king post for a duplex.
Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 4:09pm On Aug 31, 2015
spyder880:

There is nothing wrong with a 12 ft high king post for a duplex.

Thank you Oga mi. That is exactly what I want to know... 12 feet is good enough for me.

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 31, 2015
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

I do as high as 16 feet for a duplex.
Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 11:52pm On Aug 31, 2015
segzy14:

I do as high as 16 feet for a duplex.

OK sir. But I never really like high roofs.. I may stay at 12ft and Max 15ft. Thank you Boss.

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by cleric(m): 9:39pm On Sep 12, 2015
mufutau55:

OK sir. But I never really like high roofs.. I may stay at 12ft and Max 15ft. Thank you Boss.

Hajji M.

Some carpenters will argue that if the roof is not high (thus steep), the stone coated style of roofing will leak. They also argue that if there are curves in the pattern of the house, it will be difficult to get the beauty once the roof is not high. In my opinion, those arguments are total crap.
But I am open to correction please.

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by Willie2015: 6:30pm On Sep 14, 2015
This is impressive. How much will the carcass of 4 flats(2 bedrooms) cost in the same location ? from Foundation to Roofing level.
Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by nelsonB: 10:31pm On Sep 14, 2015
Pls guys help me out, how many blocks can I get from a trip of sand giving 30 blocks to 1 bag of cement. Urgent plssss all
Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:40am On Sep 15, 2015
nelsonB:
Pls guys help me out, how many blocks can I get from a trip of sand giving 30 blocks to 1 bag of cement. Urgent plssss all

30 blocks.
Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by Edus92: 12:12pm On Oct 17, 2015
Oga Spider880
I just bought a plot of land at GRA Asaba, Delta State.
I am thinking of building a seven (five 2 bedrooms and two one bedroom) block of flats in the land.
It will be a one story building ofcourse.
Can you please give me a rough estimate (labor and materials) for the construction excluding roofing.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks
Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:58pm On Oct 17, 2015
Edus92:
Oga Spider880
I just bought a plot of land at GRA Asaba, Delta State.
I am thinking of building a seven (five 2 bedrooms and two one bedroom) block of flats in the land.
It will be a one story building ofcourse.
Can you please give me a rough estimate (labor and materials) for the construction excluding roofing.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks

It will help me understand the nature and size of your planned building if you can draw a building plan. Thank you.
Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by Edus92: 10:00pm On Oct 17, 2015
Just give me a range.
You don't have to be exact.
Actually it is Six -Two bedroom flats.
No one bedroom.
Each bedroom should have its own toilet and shower.
Three 2 bedrooms each floor for a total of 6 flats.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:42pm On Oct 17, 2015
Edus92:
Just give me a range.
You don't have to be exact.
Actually it is Six -Two bedroom flats.
No one bedroom.
Each bedroom should have its own toilet and shower.
Three 2 bedrooms each floor for a total of 6 flats.
Thanks in anticipation

N14m
Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by Edus92: 11:22am On Oct 18, 2015
spyder880:

N14m
Spider.
Are you an Architect and can you do the complete drawing of whst I am trying to build for city approval
Starting with preliminary to final and complete drawing for approval before construction.
The size of plot is 50 by 120ft and I will get u the survey plan after we agree on prize
Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:12pm On Oct 18, 2015
Edus92:
Spider.
Are you an Architect and can you do the complete drawing of whst I am trying to build for city approval
Starting with preliminary to final and complete drawing for approval before construction.
The size of plot is 50 by 120ft and I will get u the survey plan after we agree on prize

No, am not an architect but I have workers in my team that can give you a good drawing when you explain the details to them. Or have my friend Kkonsults draw up a superb plan for you, he is here on nairaland.
Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by Edus92: 3:52pm On Oct 18, 2015
spyder880:

No, am not an architect but I have workers in my team that can give you a good drawing when you explain the details to them. Or have my friend Kkonsults draw up a superb plan for you, he is here on nairaland.
Where is kkonsult or Architectural component of your team based. I will like to talk to them please
Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:57pm On Oct 18, 2015
Edus92:

Where is kkonsult or Architectural component of your team based. I will like to talk to them please
Kkonsults is here on nairaland, his threads are here in the properties section, or call his line 08092704783.

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by Edus92: 8:55pm On Oct 18, 2015
Thanks
Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by Edus92: 8:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
spyder880:

Kkonsults is here on nairaland, his threads are here in the properties section, or call his line 08092704783.

Thanks
Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by Waterway: 2:17am On Oct 19, 2015
Edus92:

Thanks

what is average rent for a 2BR flat ( new build) in areas like Emene, Awkwunanaw , Elim estate areas of Enugu today. I am looking at this idea as next venture, as the ROI may be better that 3BR flat for rental purpose. Looking at the new demographic of the young and mobile Gen X . Opinions??
Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by Waterway: 2:19am On Oct 19, 2015
spyder880:

N14m

what is average rent for a 2BR flat ( new build) in areas like Emene, Awkwunanaw , Elim estate areas of Enugu today. I am looking at this idea as next venture, as the ROI may be better that 3BR flat for rental purpose. Looking at the new demographic of the young and mobile Gen X . Opinions??
Re: Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:51am On Oct 19, 2015
Waterway:

The income per year is N250,000 - N300,000 (depending on your finish quality) and yes, a lot of people are opting for 2 bedroom flats construction these days, you better target a young family and when the house is too tight for the man, he should pack grin He better use his hand to give himself quit notice cheesy

I dont want no large family to live in my 3 bedroom big house forever while I beg for my rent and he will be reminding me that he has lived here since the days of Adam grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Isheri Construction - 4 Bedroom Luxury Duplex with 2 Bed BQ / THE HILLCREST ESTATE SABON-LUGBE, ABUJA. BUY NOW!!! / Search and rescue continue At Lekki Collapsed Building,6 Dead,16 Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.