Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Genuine Repentance - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Genuine Repentance (650 Views)

Share your Repentance Prayer Here / Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This / Repentance In The Grave- Is This Possible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Genuine Repentance by eyezik3(m): 6:43am On Nov 04, 2013
Memory Verse: "For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death." - 2Corinthian 7:10.
Bible Passage: 2Corinthian 7:9-10.
INTRODUCTION
Genuine repentance is making a complete reversal of all evil action being taken. It could be regarded as a change of mind that leads to a change of conduct. Matthew 21:28-32.
There are 2outlines for genuine repentance:
(1) REASONS FOR GENUINE REPENTANCE
(2) RESULT OF GENUINE REPENTANCE
Let us talk about the two outlines
REASON FOR GENUINE REPENTANCE
It is an experience that must precede genuine conversation - Acts 3:19. It is also a spiritual experience that prepares us for heaven - Matthew 4:17. It is God's command - Acts 17:30. This is mandatory because failure to heed this injuction leads to eternal condemnation - Luke 13:3.
RESULTS OF GENUINE REPENTANCE
* Attitudinal change - (For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin - psalms 38:18), Luke 18:13, Luke 15:11-21.
* Pardon and blotting out of past sins - (Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord - Acts 3:19), Isaiah 55:7.
* Escape from eternal condemnation and death - Ezekiel 33:14 -15.
CONCLUSION
It should be noted that any sorrow that is not accompanied by a determination to forsake sin is useless and cannot be considered a genuine repentance. Rather, it is Holy Spirit that works in us to do His good pleasure - Phillipians 2:13.
PRAYER POINT
* Father forgive us our sin the power and mind to not go back grant it to us.
* Father have mercy on me am a sinner, wash my sin away with your blood.
* My Father, if we see any sin in my generation that want to be transfered on me, father use your fire and thunder to separate us.
Thank you for forgiving me my sins In Jesus Name, AMEN.
STAY BLESSED!!!

(1) (Reply)

Man Detained For Being An Atheist / Abuja Pastor Predicts A Private Jet Carrying Some Governors Will Crash / Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.