Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,970 members, 7,838,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

When Satan Is Powerless - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Satan Is Powerless (558 Views)

Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? / The Name Of Jesus Is Powerless....philipians 2:10 / Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Satan Is Powerless by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 04, 2013
The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Ps. 34: 18.
Satan knows that those who ask God for pardon and grace will obtain it; therefore he presents their sins before them to discourage them. Against those who are trying to obey God, he is constantly seeking occasion for complaint. Even their best and most acceptable service he seeks to make appear corrupt. By countless devices, the most subtle and the most cruel, he endeavors to secure their condemnation.
In his own strength, man cannot meet the charges of the enemy. In sin- stained garments, confessing his guilt, he stands before God. But Jesus, our Advocate, presents an effectual plea in behalf of all who by repentance and faith have committed the keeping of their souls to Him. He pleads their cause, and by the mighty arguments of Calvary, vanquishes their accuser. His perfect obedience to God's law has given Him all power in heaven and in earth, and He claims from His Father mercy and reconciliation for guilty man. To the accuser of His people He declares: "The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan. These are the purchase of My blood, brands plucked from the burning." And to those who rely on Him in faith, He gives the assurance, "Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment." (Zech. 3: 4).
All who have put on the robe of Christ's righteousness will stand before Him as chosen and faithful and true. Satan has no power to pluck them out of the hand of the Saviour. Not one soul who in penitence and faith has claimed His protection will Christ permit to pass under the enemy's power. His word is pledged: "Let him take hold of my strength, that he may make peace with me; and he shall make peace with me" (Isa. 27: 5). The promise given to Joshua is given to all: "If thou wilt keep my charge, . . . I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by" (Zech. 3: 7). Angels of God will walk on either side of them, even in this world, and they will stand at last among the angels that surround the throne of God.FromGod's Amazing Grace- Page 315

1 Like

Re: When Satan Is Powerless by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:02am On Nov 04, 2013
See the double standards.

When I opened my own thread calling god powerless, it was moved to jokes section but this one that insulting our Loving Father Satan is allowed to stay.

https://www.nairaland.com/1464743/god-powerless
Re: When Satan Is Powerless by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 04, 2013
But u were practically jokin there now...weren't u?
Re: When Satan Is Powerless by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:12am On Nov 04, 2013
Divepen: But u were practically jokin there now...weren't u?

no.
god is actually, really very powerless. all the time.
Re: When Satan Is Powerless by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 04, 2013
He might be to you but he is not to me..He has done many gr8 things for me that has given me assurance

1 Like

Re: When Satan Is Powerless by PastorOluT(m): 1:36pm On Nov 04, 2013
Yeah very true bro, Satan is truly powerless n all scared of true saints. But the problem is that he uses FEAR (false evidence appearing real) to gain advantage of us many atimes. If only the saints will rise up, take up our authority in Christ Jesus, then we will be unstoppable. Then Satan will be the one always trying to resist our dominance n not be able be able to that successfully, 'cos of the exploit we will be doing in the kingdom.
Re: When Satan Is Powerless by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:42pm On Nov 04, 2013
Seun needs to come and see what these mods are doing here.
Re: When Satan Is Powerless by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 04, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Seun needs to come and see what these mods are doing here.
these one is an article...your own is a practical joke...you wrote u want to fart or somethn

(1) (Reply)

A Pastor Committed An Abomination / Ogeyi Onazi At Synagouge Church Of All Nations Live! / Survival Strategies For The New Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.