Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,569 members, 7,820,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Life In Calabar - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In Calabar (1250 Views)

Bus On Fire In Calabar As One Burns To Death (Viewers' Discretion) / Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar / Life In The Usa As A Student. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Life In Calabar by slovenia(f): 2:17pm On Nov 04, 2013
Hello people
Pls can someone tell me about calabar as regards life, business and housing. Pls not about tinapa or obudu but everyday life. Cost of living, most lucrative business as well as accomodation. Tnx
Re: Life In Calabar by Alore: 6:56pm On Nov 04, 2013
Cost of living and accomodation is on the high side in Calabar compared to Lagos and even PH. For instance, a decent self-contained goes for between 150k-250k; 3 bedroom - between 450k and 750k. I was looking for recently for a good 3 bedroom with bathrooms en-suite, fenced, tiled,, average price was 600k as most goes for 550k minimum and up to 700k for 1 year. Many landlords will ask you for 2 yrs downpayment. Most lucrative businesses are hotels, eateries and photo studios. The business atmosphere in Calabar is quite dull compared to the neighbouring Uyo. Most people I know buy stuff from Lagos, Aba to get things cheaper. Also, you hardly get varieties for products you want here unlike Lagos.

But one thing in Calabar is you'll enjoy your peace. IMO, an average Calabar resident is not a hustler and not desperate for quick money, so crime is relatively low compared to PH, Aba (or East generally). It is also a neat town.

(1) (Reply)

All About South Africa / Bad Road Section Of Port Harcourt To Owerri / How Can You 'shut Up' A Talkative In The Bus/plane/ship Etc?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.