Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,646 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! (19712 Views)

Governors’ Meeting On Economic Crisis Inconclusive Again / South East Governors Meeting In Owerri (Photo) / Photos Of A DPO Who Was Injured In Rivers During Today's Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by wales(m): 12:36am On Nov 05, 2013
A two-minute 22 seconds video detailing the encounter between five of the seven rebel governors in the breakaway faction of the Peoples Democratic Party and the Divisional Police Officer of Asokoro Division, Abuja surfaced on YouTube on Monday.

The DPO, Mr. Nnanna Ama, was said to have led a detachment of policemen in three trucks to the Kano State Governor’s Lodge where governors Rabiu Kwakwanso (Kano), Chibuike Amaechi (Rivers), Sule Lamido (Jigawa), Aliyu Babangida (Niger), and Murtala Nyako (Adamawa) were having a meeting.

In the video, Lamido was seen shouting at the top of his voice when Ama, who was putting on an orange T-shirt, walked into the meeting venue in company with some plain clothes policemen.

Ama, who had asked to see the host, the Kano State governor, might have resorted to speak with Kwankwaso in private on noticing the way and manner still and video cameras were directed at him as he insisted that he wanted to see “his Excellency.”

But Lamido, who was sitting on a sofa, hit the table intermittently and yelled at Ama, saying, “The governor (Kwankwaso) is here. Talk to him. What do you want from him? We are meeting alright. So, talk to him.”

At a point Lamido, who was obviously infuriated, stood up and ordered some of their security aides, who were in suit, to push the DPO out of the meeting venue.

One of the people sitting next to Babangida held Lamido in the hands and led him back to sit down.

“Push them (DPO and his men) out,” Lamido yelled.

One of their (rebel governor’s) security aides, who wanted to take action after Lamido gave the order, looked at the DPO eye-ball to-eyeball and asked, “What do you want?”

But the DPO replied that he had informed him before being taken before the governors.

“I have told you,” Ama replied, nodding his head.

In the course of the said invasion, Ama, who was seen smiling at intervals, tried to move in the direction of Lamido. But two of the security aides present held him from the back and prevented him from going further.

However, a scuffle was prevented as Ama, who appeared to have been treading cautiously, simply moved back without challenging the duo. Lamido reiterated his order and shouted again, “Get out. Who the hell is he?”

While the video lasted, some of the aides who witnessed the scenario were heard from the background asking if the DPO’s mission was to arrest the governors and other members of the breakaway faction attending the meeting.

Amaechi, who was also present at the meeting, was sighted in the video discussing and gesticulating with other attendees. At another time, Amaechi was seen rubbing his palms.

Kwankwaso, who crossed his legs while the altercations lasted, hinted that he was available to be briefed on the DPO’s mission.

“You can talk to me,” Kwankwaso told the DPO, who soon moved towards the governor to have a discussion with him. The video later went dead.

Meanwhile, mixed reactions have greeted the alleged disruption of the rebel governor’s meeting, with some people arguing that police “invasion” of the venue was a breach of their constitutional right to freedom of association and peaceful gathering. But others argued that since a court of law had declared the New PDP illegal it ought to have put a stop to calling and holding meetings.

A YouTube user, Adeolu Moronkeji, after viewing the video, wrote that it was wrong for a police officer to harass democratically elected governors who enjoy constitutionally guaranteed immunity on the orders of the powers that be.

She added that the invasion bore the hallmarks of the Presidency.

“This is very embarrassing. Is Nigeria a God-forsaken country? It appears that the era of totalitarianism and fascism is looming in Nigeria. GEJ na wa o!” Morenikeji wrote.

Also, on punchng.com, a reader with the name Gidi stated, “ If the New PDP is illegal, does it mean old friends cannot meet anymore? Is it that the powers that be don’t understand the fundamental right called ‘freedom of association’?

“Do they need to take a refresher course on the provisions of Nigeria’s constitution? Are we still under military rule? Even during the Abacha regime people still had some rights of association and movement. When is it a crime for one to host colleagues?”

But also on punchng.com, a reader, Fidel, said it was high time the rebel governors started expending their time and energy on productive endeavours that will better the lot of Nigerians rather than their incessant meetings which, according to him, were heating up the polity.

Gidi wrote, “These rebel governors could have been better appreciated by Nigerians if they have been spending the quality time they expend to transverse the length and breadth of Nigeria on finding a lasting solution to the menace Boko Haram that has ravaged the north.

“Almost on a daily basis, innocent people are being killed but that seems to mean nothing to the eyes of these so-called rebel governors and yet they said that they are fighting for justice. So what justice can be better than saving people’s lives? Instead they are seeking political recognition which is nothing but their selfish desire.”

http://www.punchng.com/i-punch/lamido-confronted-dpo-who-disrupted-rebel-govs-meeting/

1 Like

Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by raytony: 3:07am On Nov 05, 2013
Who was that wise man asking them to find a solution to boko-haram? Na their work? Was the DPO not suppose to be someone else fighting crime rather than intruding a harmless meeting. Somebody should tell Major-Gen Goodluck Jonathan that even if they were declared illegal by a court of law, that does not stop people of like mind from meeting. After all, no be party convention dem go. Its high time Government stop using these weak institutions of the state to intimidate opponents.

16 Likes

Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by yyb14: 6:23am On Nov 05, 2013

1 Like

Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by gerald09(m): 9:50am On Nov 05, 2013
After reading d article carefully I must ask 3 questions, who brought the camera? If the governors did, den what were dey expecting? Was it staged in other to make it look like a Nigerian problem rather than what it actually is, (a party problem)?, cos dis days na Stella dey head d news.

1 Like

Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by yemmytee1(m): 10:22am On Nov 05, 2013
He pain me say d dpo cool down wen d sss man ask am wetin hin want...he for beat d dpo to a pulp..I 4 lik c dat fidio anyway war-refa

2 Likes

Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by Olugbenger(m): 11:31am On Nov 05, 2013
'
Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by Sweetcollins: 11:32am On Nov 05, 2013
Hmmmmm, odikwa serious. I like Sanusi's charisma though
Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by demmyluv90(f): 11:35am On Nov 05, 2013
Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 05, 2013
Mittttttttttcccccccccchhhhheeeeeeewwwwwwwwww, How does this solve ASUU problem?
Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by gnot: 11:39am On Nov 05, 2013
tell them my BRODA.
raytony: Who was that wise man asking them to find a solution to boko-haram? Na their work? Was the DPO not suppose to be someone else fighting crime rather than intruding a harmless meeting. Somebody should tell Major-Gen Goodluck Jonathan that even if they were declared illegal by a court of law, that does not stop people of like mind from meeting. After all, no be party convention dem go. Its high time Government stop using these weak institutions of the state to intimidate opponents.

2 Likes

Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by cluewebhost(m): 11:40am On Nov 05, 2013
Where's the video
Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by Gombs(m): 11:42am On Nov 05, 2013
[size=16pt]which Nigerian publishes punch newspaper sef?...i dey wonder sha[/size] undecided

[size=32pt] i smell red oil here o [/size] ... grin
Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by saem(m): 11:42am On Nov 05, 2013
Na wa o! Which way nigeria?
Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by gnot: 11:44am On Nov 05, 2013
hmmm. this G-7 self. good luck is not on dere side and daMN(e) angry angry.
Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by abatajjvii: 11:46am On Nov 05, 2013
still on point
Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by alaoeri: 11:48am On Nov 05, 2013
All these men in uniform used by the federal might to fight the opposition should just pray that GEJ should remains in power beyond 2015 & should retire by 2019, if power changes hand & they still remain in service they 'll be disgrace out of service.

1 Like

Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by jhoshy55: 11:49am On Nov 05, 2013
Anytin goes in naija...
Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by wellmax(m): 11:49am On Nov 05, 2013
Gombs: which Nigerian publishes punch newspaper sef?...i dey wonder sha undecided

i smell red oil here o ... grin

How did you make it out of the Zoo, eediot!

4 Likes

Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by Dhurmynick(m): 11:49am On Nov 05, 2013
wow
Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by nerodenero: 11:49am On Nov 05, 2013
The whole G-7, Madam Needful and ASUU palaver is just too boring. We need better and cheering news joooo
Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by aventura: 11:50am On Nov 05, 2013
All na noise. On a serious note, I really pity this Governors. Come 2015 when Jonathan wins his second term, He will hunt them down just as Hitler hunted down the Jews. They know it, that's why they are fighting him. They forgot the First Law of power: NEVER OUTSHINE YOUR MASTER. Jonathan will show them why he is the Commander-in-chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. It's a pity that they did not learn form the Ibori story. Amaechi's file has already being prepared and kept for him. They will start from the $50 million plane he bought in his name. Abdukadir kure is now lined up for a ministerial appointment to checkmate Babangida Aliyu, Same applies to Na' abba in Kano. As for Ahmed, he is the "brunt of the litter". When Jonathan is done with him he would prefer the condition of Suntai because he would be messed up politically, spiritually and psychologically. grin grin

Need I say more?

19 Likes

Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by udilson: 11:51am On Nov 05, 2013
Total abuse of power nd some morond here i'll have some silly reason 2 protect Gej

2 Likes

Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 05, 2013
Gombs: [size=16pt]which Nigerian publishes punch newspaper sef?...i dey wonder sha[/size] undecided

[size=32pt] i smell red oil here o [/size] ... grin

Na number one YORUBA propaganda NEWSPAPER.... You will never see an authentic NEWS

3 Likes

Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by bayulll01(m): 11:52am On Nov 05, 2013
the truth need to be told gej is messing up,u dont av ryt to molest pple just because u are the president today,i wonder what will happen to him when he leave that sit cos i know some pple will slap him in public he shld ask baba iyabo.
Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by 80million1: 11:54am On Nov 05, 2013
Action Governor!

1 Like

Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by bayulll01(m): 11:54am On Nov 05, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

Na number one YORUBA propaganda NEWSPAPER.... You will never see an authentic NEWS
keep ranting i told u the yorubas dont give a damm abt u pple,let nija divide u will know who the be the boss

2 Likes

Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by bakynes(m): 11:56am On Nov 05, 2013
gerald09: After reading d article carefully I must ask 3 questions, who brought the camera? If the governors did, den what were dey expecting? Was it staged in other to make it look like a Nigerian problem rather than what it actually is, (a party problem)?, cos dis days na Stella dey head d news.

Guy the camera is a security Camera more like a CCTV camera installed in the Governor's Lodge.

4 Likes

Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by IykeChukz(m): 11:58am On Nov 05, 2013
Sweetcollins: Hmmmmm, odikwa serious. I like Sanusi's charisma though
. Nwanne rapu ya. Na d small change wey him don see dey make am brag like Udele miri mara
Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by bakynes(m): 11:59am On Nov 05, 2013
gerald09: After reading d article carefully I must ask 3 questions, who brought the camera? If the governors did, den what were dey expecting? Was it staged in other to make it look like a Nigerian problem rather than what it actually is, (a party problem)?, cos dis days na Stella dey head d news.

Guy the camera is a security Camera more like a CCTV camera installed in the Governor's Lodge, that is why we ve been clamouring for a state poilice that will be funded by the state govt bt not controlled by the Governor. GEJ has been using the Police to tournment his Political Opponent.
Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by abbeyie007(m): 12:05pm On Nov 05, 2013
d world is nw a global village, wot u ar tryin 2 tel us is dat, of all d 5 governors no one has a camera fone. It clearly shows dat u didn't read d news
Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by kennytidistar(m): 12:06pm On Nov 05, 2013
police molested governor, How does that affect me? you Nigerian supporting these crooks called governor you forgotten the even the so called entourage or sss belong to fed government. MY position is that they can kill themselves but they should spare innocent citizens who is not involved in their abracadabra system of ruling.

1 Like

Re: Lamido Confronted DPO Who Disrupted Rebel Governors Meeting ! by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 05, 2013
both G7 and jona are fools , i wonder if our leaders are fighting like dog and cow, how do the followers behave , no wonder some nairalanders are goats grin.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court / Jonathan To EFCC: Go After Tinubu, Atiku, Amaechi, Others Secretly / Certificate Forgery: Conspiracy Of Silence Among Buhari’s Appointees Deepens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.