Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,088 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:37 PM

Jesus: Champion And Producer Of Faith Part 2 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus: Champion And Producer Of Faith Part 2 (400 Views)

The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Jesus: Champion And Producer Of Faith Part 3 / Jesus: Champion And Producer Of Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jesus: Champion And Producer Of Faith Part 2 by charisville: 9:58am On Nov 05, 2013
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 NLT

We’ve been given a model on how to live our Christian life and run the race that’s been set before us. It’s by keeping our eyes on Jesus and all He has done for us. You might ask, is it that easy? Yes beloved.

People are being told to go for deliverance to cast out demons before any breakthrough can occur, but this isn’t true. Beloved, we need to keep the scriptures as our final authority more than the experiences of men.

In verse 2 of our focal scripture, “you do this by” i.e. you overcome sin and run the race by keeping your eyes on Jesus the champion of our faith. If you feel your faith is small and in need of some boost, self effort won’t help. All you need do is look intensely at Jesus: the more you look, the more faith is added unto you.

John 6:40; “Everyone who sees the son and believes in Him has eternal life”. The word for “sees” is the greek word “theoreo”, i.e. to behold intensely, keep looking. Something happens when we look intensely; faith begins to well up on the inside. Jesus said in John 6:35, “He who comes to me will under no circumstance be hungry”.

Whatever you might be going through, just keep your focus on Jesus and He will make a way for you in the desert.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, my eyes are fixed on You and Your unbreakable promises of fulfilling every need in my life.

Follow @charisville on twitter

Url: http://charisvillecapsules.org/jesus-champion-and-producer-of-faith-part-2/

CVC BB Pin: 26655112

Charis Ville Capsules.

(1) (Reply)

A Champion By Obedience / Fasting! Fasting!! Fasting!!! / Exposed!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.