Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria (32263 Views)

Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. / Newsflash: ASUU Strike Has Been Suspended! / Preparing for GRE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by adgbadebo1: 10:16am On Nov 10, 2013
My ambitious Naijas, let us understand that Education Testing Services (ETS) only suspended not stopped testing in Nigeria (for the reason given which can obviously be interpreted to bad examination supervision ethics in the two testing centers for GRE and many others for TOEFL or moral bridge in download of the actual tests by the Nigerian exam's administrator in the centers). However, the good news is that Nigerians can still do the test abroad till we put our house in order.

Meanwhile, you can join other Nigerians to sign the petition on http://chn.ge/1gwukfs but pending when our signed petition will be given attention and possible consideration, since deadlines are closed, an alternative measure is to test abroad. So, if you are still interested in Registering and Testing your GRE or TOEFL in Ghana or any other Neighboring countries of Nigeria at affordable registration fee call 07086833330 or 08174724261. They helped me registered mine last year in WAEC office in Accra when an agent in Nigeria messed me up.

My 'Naija-rians' the suspension of testing in Nigeria cannot stop us so let us utilize this available opportunity now as testing spaces are limited and admission deadlines are close. Available testing dates are:

TOEFL AVAILABLE TESTING DATES

Friday, November 22, 2013 08:00 AM
Friday, December 06, 2013 08:00 AM
Saturday, December 07, 2013 08:00 AM
Saturday, December 14, 2013 09:00 AM
Friday, December 20, 2013

GRE AVAILABLE TESTING DATES
NOVEMBER 2013. 19, 20, 25, 26,
DECEMBER 2013 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18

Numbers to call again are: 07086833330 or 08174724261
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by damsamty16(m): 2:02pm On Nov 10, 2013
batteryempty: REGISTER UR TOEFL & GRE
Price List:
TOEFL TEST: ...................... N29,000
GRE TEST: .........................N32,000
SPECIAL CENTER (None Appearance): ……..Call or Email us!
NOTE: We can schedule you for the exams in GHANA or BENIN REPUBLIC as we are aware that all the centers in NIGERIA are currently BANNED!!!

SMT Consult Enterprise
E-mail: vandarsar@hotmail.com.
Phone#: 08093835330
BB PIN: 2792EFE2
WhatsApp: 08050874302
hmmm special center again...na una dey spoil naija

1 Like

Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by batteryempty(m): 11:27pm On Nov 10, 2013
Shut up, what do you know... "Holier than thou"
Start with your elders who are looting billions if you're going to lay blames, and ensure your own very hands are clean!

damsamty16:
hmmm special center again...na una dey spoil naija
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by DonOms(m): 12:35am On Nov 11, 2013
Onegai: A while back, I was at work, and there was a colleague of mine, and from even up close, you'd swear she was of excellent moral standing, calm and good. She was singing a christian song as we worked and then she broke halfway through her song to turn to us and ask "please do you know where they write GRE on the mainland?". Most people suggested the island, and then she replied "no, I want the mainland. I need someone that can supply me the answers for the exam beforehand. VI location, I'm not sure they would. Someone said the Ikeja one he got complete answers to the test before". Then she turned back to her computer screen and christian song.

The only good, non-corrupt Nigerian is a dead or an unborn Nigerian. Just forget morals, ethics or anything. I'm glad they're scrapping the exam.
Although many Nigerians have been shoved by their selfish nature to accepting corruption as a norm, I do not agree that the "only good, non-corrupt Nigerian is a dead or an unborn Nigerian." I have met honest Nigerians who hold in high esteem, moral values, truth and equality, and I will still meet thousands of them.
As regards the TOEFL/GRE suspension and other related issues; while we cannot blame 'them' for their actions because it is their country after all, we must begin to decide how we, as individuals, can be better Nigerians and ultimately 'create' a better Nigeria.
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Mayflowa(m): 5:03am On Nov 11, 2013
Price List:
NOTE: We can schedule you for the exams in GHANA or BENIN REPUBLIC as we are aware that all the centers in NIGERIA are currently BANNED!!!

SMT Consult Enterprise
What do mean by non-appearance? You need to be arrested!
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by FindOut(m): 5:34am On Nov 11, 2013
Price List:

SMT Consult Enterprise
Ode jatijati. Foolish mumu. Get outta here. It's because of idiots like you that many serious hardworking students will have to risk their lives & head to other countries to write these exams. I pray the SSS & the Nigerian police decide to be effective for once & catch you, close down ur stupid centre and grant you some jail time.

All because of greed and how much money, you'll continue to do ur best to bring down ur country's name and reputation. As if life is all about money. Nonsense. Continue doing special centre, ur cubicle in kirikiri patiently awaits you.
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by FindOut(m): 5:39am On Nov 11, 2013
batteryempty: Shut up, what do you know... "Holier than thou"
Start with your elders who are looting billions if you're going to lay blames, and ensure your own very hands are clean!

Ode oshi. Imagine a dummy cheat like you asking what someone else knows. So you can't earn a living via honest means? You have to resort to cheating and then you hide behing the polithiefcians? You should look in the mirror and shake ur head pathetically at yourself for knowing NOTHING. I wonder why you can't divert your fraudulent brain towards more positive productive ideas. If this were a nation that "gave a damn" about this issue, you should be arrested today. You even get liver post all your details. Foooooooooool!
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by batteryempty(m): 8:13am On Nov 11, 2013
Got no time for id*iots like you lots.
I won't drag anything with you any further. I already knew all I need to know about you.
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by kumulus(m): 12:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
Keep quite jor.......
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Uchboggy(m): 1:49pm On Nov 12, 2013
akereconfi:

My friend, remember that before you apply to the school, you must have seen there entry requirement abi. If TOEFL/IELTS is a requirement for non EU students, there is nothing like waiver. Get your fact correct

He is correct,even if toefl is part of their requirements if you talk to dem giving dem good reasons they could waive it for you.its always negotiable
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 12, 2013
But there's still Gmat and IELTS. Anybody could still do those two and apply to any school.
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by acumennow: 4:59pm On Nov 12, 2013
it's rather unfortunate, what has happened. But really, you can still get registered in Nigeria. I got the link to the number one TOEFL registration in Nigeria and I think you should visit their site for the latest info. I heard they can get you registered to write the test in any part of the world. The site is http://www.gregmattoeflnigeria.com/toeflcentresinnigeria . Their number is 07034777422. You can also go to google and search for TOEFL in Nigeria, their site will come up as number one. They give free preparatory materials, free lectures, free admissions processing etc. Worth checking out. [color=#990000]
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Pergrace: 7:31am On Nov 13, 2013
Ogeam:

Yes! You have the option of writing your exam in a neighbouring country(Ghana)

This is just too sad!Anyway,I hope this issue will be resolved ASAP.
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by kaykay001: 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
I guess GRE has two options (paper-based and computer-based). Did ETS ban both? If not, is it possible to write the paper-based in Nigeria?
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by fahdy2k: 8:52pm On Nov 13, 2013
Please visit www.swiftprocurement.com for more information on this and watch out for scarmers promising they will register you for a fee almost cheaper than what TOEFL accepts.

TOEFL and GRE Test takers good news for you. Due to the recent cancellation of these two test offerings in Nigeria. Swiftprocurement will be helping students interested in writing the exams pursue their dreams.

HOW IT WORKS:
We will register you for the exam in the neighboring Republic of Benin; Cotonou City. Swiftprocurement have been able to identify the "AMERICAN CULTURE CENTER" as a good location for students registering through us.

Our Registration Fee*: TOEFL: $185, GRE: $215

(Note: Cotonou only has the paper based assessment test and it is available 3 times in a year so you have to schedule on time). For Computer based testing, candidate will have to write exam in Ghana.

Swiftprocurement has also identified two closer Hotels to the Center where student can lodge:
1. iBis Hotel Cotonou
2. Novotel Cotonou

As part of our effort to help students and depending on the number of students registration, we are also working on group travels such that student can save money by travelling together and where possible share accommodation. Also we are working on getting you information about cheaper accommodations around Cotonou city.

For more information please call Femi at: 07059647747 or Julius at 08053195548.

You may also call our USA office directly at +18625207004 (9:00am - 17:00pm EST).
Note that Nigeria is 6 hours ahead of the USA in time difference so consider subtracting 6hours to get the local time in the USA before calling.

You can also visit our Office for more information:
Swiftprocurement
17 Kodesoh Street, By Juli Pharmacy
Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
[b]TOEFL AND GRE CANCELLED IN NIGERIA, WE HAVE A WAY OUT FOR YOU:
TOEFL and GRE Test takers good news for you. Due to the recent cancellation of these two test offerings in Nigeria. Swiftprocurement will be helping students interested in writing the exams pursue their dreams.

HOW IT WORKS:
We will register you for the exam in the neighboring Republic of Benin; Cotonou City. Swiftprocurement have been able to identify the "AMERICAN CULTURE CENTER" as a good location for students registering through us.

(Note: Cotonou only has the paper based assessment test and it is available 3 times in a year so you have to schedule on time). For Computer based testing, candidate will have to write exam in Ghana.

Swiftprocurement has also identified two closer Hotels to the Center where student can lodge:
1. iBis Hotel Cotonou
2. Novotel Cotonou

As part of our effort to help students and depending on the number of students registration, we are also working on group travels such that student can save money by travelling together and where possible share accommodation. Also we are working on getting you information about cheaper accommodations around Cotonou city.

You may also call our USA office directly at +18625207004 (9:00am - 17:00pm EST).
Note that Nigeria is 6 hours ahead of the USA in time difference so consider subtracting 6hours to get the local time in the USA before calling.

Swiftprocurement
Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
[/b]TOEFL AND GRE CANCELLED IN NIGERIA, WE HAVE A WAY OUT FOR YOU:

HOW IT WORKS:

1. iBis Hotel Cotonou
2. Novotel Cotonou

Swiftprocurement
Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by fahdy2k: 9:03pm On Nov 13, 2013
You can also email them at: customerservice@swiftprocurement.com
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Lucky31(f): 8:35pm On Nov 16, 2013
Pls what's the least amount of money that can transport u to Ghana? And the means of transportation, anyone with info should Pls help
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by batteryempty(m): 12:01am On Nov 18, 2013
You can have a to/fro ticket on executive buses for as low as 18-20k since am guessing you're on a virgin passport.
Meanwhile you can go to GH for as low as 12-14k on cars, far from comfortable but cheap......

If what you're sitting for is TOEFL, i'll advice you stick to Porto-Novo or Cotonou.
Contact us for your GRE and TOEFL registration: 08050874302

Lucky31: Pls what's the least amount of money that can transport u to Ghana? And the means of transportation, anyone with info should Pls help
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Lucky31(f): 10:26am On Nov 18, 2013
Thanks a lot. Im not doing toefl though. The suspesion is affecting a certification exam (PMP) I was supposed to write and they dont have centers in Cotonou, . I dont really like traveling plus I'm considering the cost et al.... sad
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Topiipii(m): 4:37pm On Nov 18, 2013
batteryempty: You can have a to/fro ticket on executive buses for as low as 18-20k since am guessing you're on a virgin passport.
Meanwhile you can go to GH for as low as 12-14k on cars, far from comfortable but cheap......

If what you're sitting for is TOEFL, i'll advice you stick to Porto-Novo or Cotonou.
Contact us for your GRE and TOEFL registration: 08050874302

I just registered for the TOEFL test and I'll be going to Porto Novo next month, I'll be grateful if you can give me directions on how to get there either from Lagos or Sango Ota.
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by batteryempty(m): 1:32am On Nov 19, 2013
From sango-otta, board idi-iroko. Cross the border to the oda side when u get to idiroko, then take a bike from Idiroko to Porto-Novo, shouldn't be more than #700 and its less than 30mins journey....

More economical, easier and safer if u enter thru Idiroko compare to Seme boarder

Topiipii:
I just registered for the TOEFL test and I'll be going to Porto Novo next month, I'll be grateful if you can give me directions on how to get there either from Lagos or Sango Ota.
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Topiipii(m): 12:45pm On Nov 19, 2013
batteryempty: From sango-otta, board idi-iroko. Cross the border to the oda side when u get to idiroko, then take a bike from Idiroko to Porto-Novo, shouldn't be more than #700 and its less than 30mins journey....

More economical, easier and safer if u enter thru Idiroko compare to Seme boarder

Thank you, my brother from another mother; I am very grateful. One more question please, do I need to go with any travel document like yellow card etc?
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by batteryempty(m): 6:08pm On Nov 19, 2013
You dont need those. Just go with your int'l passport and you shall be fine.

Topiipii:
Thank you, my brother from another mother; I am very grateful. One more question please, do I need to go with any travel document like yellow card etc?
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by iseyinoro(m): 11:33am On Nov 21, 2013
Management Education and Training Limited at Plot30,Oba Akran Avenue,Ikeja has taken steps to seeking redress from Prometrics on the suspension of GRE and TOEFL tests in Nigeria. The reasons given for the suspension are not genuine and we will make sure that they reverse their decision. We should also note that TOEFL is not the only English proficiency Test in Nigeria as we have other tests like PTE and IELTS which are acceptable all over the world. So,if you are interested in the other tests that I mentioned above which you can sit for here in Nigeria without the stress that is presently associated with TOEFL,you can contact us on 08091872299,08130579777 and 08034817064.
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Lucky31(f): 12:03pm On Nov 21, 2013
Pls they should lift this suspension fast ohh and save me travel and hotel expenses abeg.
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by AnthonyAk(m): 4:53pm On Nov 21, 2013
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Topiipii(m): 10:21pm On Nov 21, 2013
batteryempty: You dont need those. Just go with your int'l passport and you shall be fine.

Thank you very plenty.
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by batteryempty(m): 11:19pm On Nov 25, 2013
Stop lying around bro. TOEFL is not returning anytime soon still spoke with ets and prometric agents today.

AnthonyAk: http://showershumanedu.com/blog/18-information/29-toefl-examinations-to-resume-at-shed-in-january-2013 , TOEFL is back in port harcourt visit the link to find out more
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by batteryempty(m): 12:14am On Nov 27, 2013
Hey, just in case you need a date on December 6, 7, 14, & 20 in Abidjan, Cote d' Ivoire let me know.

This same dates are also available in Douala and Yaounde, Cameroon.

I will be traveling to Abidjan on December 3rd, you are welcome to join me in the adventure if you are under the time contraints to get you exam written on or before December 20 which is the last date for all ets exams anywhere in the world!

NOTE: Benin Republic is fully booked for the next 3 months and the nearest dates in Accra and Kumasi (Ghana) is 11th of January..... So make your bookings now and go get that dream of yours.
Re: GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria by dadamuyiwa: 12:23am On Nov 28, 2013
batteryempty: Hey, just in case you need a date on December 6, 7, 14, & 20 in Abidjan, Cote d' Ivoire let me know.

This same dates are also available in Douala and Yaounde, Cameroon.

I will be traveling to Abidjan on December 3rd, you are welcome to join me in the adventure if you are under the time contraints to get you exam written on or before December 20 which is the last date for all ets exams anywhere in the world!

NOTE: Benin Republic is fully booked for the next 3 months and the nearest dates in Accra and Kumasi (Ghana) is 11th of January..... So make your bookings now and go get that dream of yours.

Bro, please, send me your number or mail me at muyizcybernet@yahoo.com. bb-22451C51. I'm interested, I need to register urgently.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges / Can You Solve These Quantitative Aptitude Questions? / Community Secondary School, Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom In Bad State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.