Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,601 members, 7,865,454 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:27 PM

Possiblity Of One World Govt In The 21st Century & Its Implications - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Possiblity Of One World Govt In The 21st Century & Its Implications (449 Views)

U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja / Possibility Of One World Government (owg) In The 21st Century & Its Implications / Pdp’ll Form Next Govt In Lagos —mimiko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Possiblity Of One World Govt In The 21st Century & Its Implications by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 06, 2013
I often wonder what the world will look like with a "One World Govt (OWG)". By OWG, I mean a situation where the whole world operates an identical legal system, using the same currency,anthem, freedom of movement (I.e a world without borders), a world in which equality is relatively enhanced and people rewarded and purnished for their good and bad deeds respectively without bias, a world where nationality is abrogated and everyone is a citizen of the world. No Nigeria! No America!
Lots of opinion abound on this subject matter both online and offline. Some view it from religion perspective, while some other people view it from economic, cultural and administrative perspective.
My own perspective
Pros
-An ideal OWG (coupled with globalisation) will reduce significantly cost of governance
-An ideal OWG is likely to reduce wars and tension amoung nations
-An ideal OWG will promote trade
Cons
-An ideal OWG may stall inovation
-An idela OWG may make few individuals too powerful

What is your own opinion?

(1) (Reply)

Why Stella Odua Must Go To Jail. / Is It Legal To Pay PHCN Bill / Where Is That Fake Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.