Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,059 members, 7,818,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Saints, Sinners And The Devils: Understanding Stella Oduah, Ribadu Et Al - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saints, Sinners And The Devils: Understanding Stella Oduah, Ribadu Et Al (930 Views)

Sinners And Saints: Who Destroyed Nigeria? - Enemi George / We Thought Buhari Would Pick Saints, Says Delta PDP Senator / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saints, Sinners And The Devils: Understanding Stella Oduah, Ribadu Et Al by esere826: 1:16pm On Nov 06, 2013
A strategy for progress?

Summarry:
I suggest that the Nigerin political space can be grouped into 3 categories: Saints, Sinners and the Devils
I then argue that the Sinners are pragmatic and have more to offer Nigeria than the Saints and Devils who somehow manage to work together to stone the Sinners and live us with no messiahs
Re: Saints, Sinners And The Devils: Understanding Stella Oduah, Ribadu Et Al by esere826: 1:19pm On Nov 06, 2013

esere826

Introduction
In politics,especially the nigerian one, it is almost impossible for saints to ascend on high
we are therefore left with a situation were in Nigeria, we we have too many bind and one eyed elites at the top,
(apologies to anyone with a disability)
While the 'saints' 'seemingly' stay outside this dirty playground and critique to their hearts content

But if you step back and take a look at this whole scenario,
you would see a viscious tug of war for the soul of the country
one that the saints because of their inherent simplistic disposition are sure to loose
I'll go ahead to characterize each of the three players.
Re: Saints, Sinners And The Devils: Understanding Stella Oduah, Ribadu Et Al by esere826: 1:26pm On Nov 06, 2013

esere826

The blind and develish
This group have no visions for Nigeria, all they are concerned about
is the appropriation of power to themselves as an end in itself,
embezling money for themselves, bedding all the ladies they can lay their hand on,
and hiding their money in overseas territories.

They lack the ability to envision Nigeria as being a great country.
Their psychological disposition is one that we could easily call wicked, but they don't think that they are.
These ones would readilly sell Nigeria to a foreign government if it would make them eternal rulers of the slaves.

Left for them, they will steal money from the coffers of nigeria without bothering to be intelligent about it,
and tell the rest of nigerians to go to hell. T
hey compromise the very pillars of what make they country exist in the first place

These types, are evident in folks like Lucky Igbenedion, Babangida, Adedibu........fill in the rest

1 Like

Re: Saints, Sinners And The Devils: Understanding Stella Oduah, Ribadu Et Al by esere826: 1:33pm On Nov 06, 2013

esere826
the one eyed sinners

These ones have some midiocrum of vision for Nigeria.
However, they can be extremely comfortable with the blind if they choose to, and sometimes side with them depending on the circumstance.
They break rules, steal money with style and are also comfortable meddling with the saints.
In some saner climate, their type would be considered extremely evil, but well, this is Nigeria.

Though they have investments abroad, they look for opputunities to invest in Nigerians
(not just rent seeking, but actual developmental oppurtunities).
They are intelligent and despite their k-leg tactics, they'd like to see Nigeria as a great nation.
When given the oppurtunity, they do make some measurable attempts at doing so.

Their achilles heel is that they have skeletons in their cupboards that can be used against them (by their perceived enemies)
when they go against a cartel of the seriously blind.

My examples of people in this group includes Ribadu, reuben Abati, Soludu, El Rufai, Donald Duke
........you can fill in the rest

1 Like

Re: Saints, Sinners And The Devils: Understanding Stella Oduah, Ribadu Et Al by esere826: 1:46pm On Nov 06, 2013

esere826

The good saints
In Nigeria, this category is less about individuals and more about a once-in-a-while characterization,
a desire for sanity we tend to adopt when we find suitable.

The saints when they are not yet in power, player hate anyone who dares get cossy with the government of the day.
They scorn their former colleagues who have been 'invited to chop' and are not sharing with them
and by so doing, push their former colleaguse into the arms of greater darkness (everyone needs a support base).

I hate this group soooooo much (although I am also a proud part of it sometimes).
All they do is bay for blood. They are easily whipped up by the political devils against the political Sinners
(and yet, these political sinners are the ones more likely to push Nigeria into progress).

The Saints are always on the look out for the speck in the eyes of others.
They love the thought of Nigeria being an elorado nation, but lack any real strategy to acheive this.
They are extremely simplistic, and stupidly believe that it is best if fellow Saints dont get into government.
The stupidity of this argument is that if good guys dont get into government,
how do we expect evil at the top to be diluted and finally eliminated.
They do not see shades of grey, and feel everything should be either black or white .

They do have their exceptional usefulness. Like the vultures that rid the earth of decomposing flesh, they constantly scan and critique the political space ensuring that politicians attempt to do the right things or at least cover their tracks

Wole Soyinka seems to understand the powerlessness of this group,
hence what I perceive is his increasing desire to encourage the one-eyed ones

...Examples of the Saints are Reuben Abati b4 getting into government, Gani Fawenhimi (God blesshis soul) and the man starring at u in the mirror

2 Likes

Re: Saints, Sinners And The Devils: Understanding Stella Oduah, Ribadu Et Al by esere826: 1:48pm On Nov 06, 2013
......to be continued
Re: Saints, Sinners And The Devils: Understanding Stella Oduah, Ribadu Et Al by simdam500(m): 5:00pm On Nov 08, 2013
followin *brb*
Re: Saints, Sinners And The Devils: Understanding Stella Oduah, Ribadu Et Al by esere826: 9:23am On Nov 20, 2013
Now, let us use Ribadu as a case study.

When Yaradua wanted to get rid of him, his (yarduas) government provided enough 'legitimate skeletons' to do so
They included :

1) Ribadu was required to go to a certain college in line with his promotion
.. although this appeared true, but I am certain that if he was in their good books, they wont have required this to happen

2) Ribadu's promotion was rescinded as it was determined that his promotion was irregular. To show that the government was
not being biased, it also demoted some other officers including Yaradua aide
...common, ....Yaradua's own brother was promoted above his superiors in the army to become Obasanjo's deputy

3) Ribadu was accused of doing selective hounding
..Yep,...but this argument was extremely simplistic. I will also give a simplistic response to it. A mango tree that is full of ripe juicy fruits will definitely complain of selective harvesting by the little boy that ispicking its fruits.
You cant get the same complaint from an old mango tree that produces maybe one or two fruits
Re: Saints, Sinners And The Devils: Understanding Stella Oduah, Ribadu Et Al by esere826: 9:39am On Nov 20, 2013
So the devils in Yaradua's team brought out their argument to push sinner Ribadu out into the cold
the devils used the media houses to show that Ribadu was also corrupt in his own special way
..afterall, why did he not go after Obasanjo (can you imagine the silly argument)

the puritan public bought into it, hook, line and sinker. They felt that Ribadu was not a saint, and so deserved to be disgraced

And that was how the devils and saints together killed the EFCC till this day
what we now have is a small minded boy heading the efcc who ticks himself good for catching small thieves before they become big thieves
Re: Saints, Sinners And The Devils: Understanding Stella Oduah, Ribadu Et Al by esere826: 9:51am On Nov 20, 2013
Arunma Oteh in the eye of the storm

Watching her speak before the House of Rep comitee
i detested her attitude. I believe that she doesnt have good human relations skills,
and as a chauvanistic man that i am, i seriously pity her husband

but..........................
Re: Saints, Sinners And The Devils: Understanding Stella Oduah, Ribadu Et Al by PapaBrowne(m): 1:03pm On Nov 23, 2013
Saints as vultures! It doesn't get more intelligent than this! Excellent piece!

And why is it incomplete? I want more!
Re: Saints, Sinners And The Devils: Understanding Stella Oduah, Ribadu Et Al by Feraz(m): 12:00am On Nov 24, 2013
Very interesting. Hope you won't abandon it just like that of externalising your problems?
Re: Saints, Sinners And The Devils: Understanding Stella Oduah, Ribadu Et Al by esere826: 9:35am On Nov 24, 2013
PapaBrowne: Saints as vultures! It doesn't get more intelligent than this! Excellent piece!

And why is it incomplete? I want more!
Feraz: Very interesting. Hope you won't abandon it just like that of externalising your problems?
LOL

Naaaaa i aint abandoning both of them threads
presently,........ too many things are competing for my time
Re: Saints, Sinners And The Devils: Understanding Stella Oduah, Ribadu Et Al by VICTORCIZA(m): 9:41am On Nov 24, 2013
I DONT BELIEVE YOU WASTE YOUR TIME WRITING THIS TRASH

(1) (Reply)

The Femi Fani Kayode Debate / I Have No Candidate For 2015 — Buhari / House Of Reps Set To Enact A Law To Make JAMB Results Valid For 3years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.