Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:22 AM

Melaye Sacks Nine Domestic Stewards Over Police Harassment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Melaye Sacks Nine Domestic Stewards Over Police Harassment (519 Views)

Kogi Gov Poll: PDP Raises Alarm Over Alleged Police Harassment Of Members / 130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference / Akpabio Fires Stewards Over N40million Missing At Governor's Lodge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Melaye Sacks Nine Domestic Stewards Over Police Harassment by bandol(m): 3:38pm On Nov 06, 2013

The Executive Secretary of Anti-Corruption and former member of the House of Representatives, Mr. Dino Melaye, may have sacked all his nine domestic staff which include drivers, cleaners and stewards.

Although, details of the sweeping sacking, which took place on Tuesday, were still sketchy as of the time, it was learnt that the action also affected his cook, some relatives, house girl and gardener.

Sources said the decision was taken to forestall the likelihood of government agents using the domestic staff “planting any incriminating material” in the house.

A source, close to him, told our correspondent on Wednesday that those who were affected were mostly staff “who could easily be compromised with money and other mouth-watering incentives.”

Speaking with our correspondent on Wednesday, Melaye confirmed the sacking of his domestic staff, saying there was nothing wrong in it.

He said, “I decided to sack all my nine domestic staff because the level of trust has declined. Any of them could be used, some of them could be compromised. But I have decided not to sack my dogs because they are very loyal to me. This government is so desperate to get back at me and from the recent incident in which security agencies ransacked my house, it has reached a situation where government could use any means to hit back at me because if you fight corruption, corruption will fight back.”

The former House of Reps member has been arrested twice in two weeks over his role in a protest against the controversial N255m bullet-proof car scandal bought by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority allegedly on the instruction of the Minister of Aviation, Ms Stella Oduah.

He was released from his second arrest on Tuesday.
http://www.punchng.com/news/melaye-sacks-nine-domestic-stewards-over-police-harassment/
Re: Melaye Sacks Nine Domestic Stewards Over Police Harassment by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 06, 2013
[size=15]Politics! a very dangerous game.[/size]
Re: Melaye Sacks Nine Domestic Stewards Over Police Harassment by jmaine: 4:04pm On Nov 06, 2013
I have decided not to sack my dogs because they are very loyal to me

cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Anambra: Obi Campaigns For Catholic Governor / Get The Latest News On Your Mobile Devices On The Go!!! / Anambra Decides 2013#who Do You Think Will Win••

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.