Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,090 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

How Do You Deal With This Neighbour? Please Advise - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Deal With This Neighbour? Please Advise (2357 Views)

How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? / My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise / How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Deal With This Neighbour? Please Advise by tybank: 5:03pm On Nov 06, 2013
Re: How Do You Deal With This Neighbour? Please Advise by lirusehn(m): 5:06pm On Nov 06, 2013
send 'em all 2 their untimely grave..
Re: How Do You Deal With This Neighbour? Please Advise by coogar: 5:07pm On Nov 06, 2013
tybank: They are my next house neighbour,we ve got no rapport except the usual 'good morning' & how is the family greetings,no other thing bring us together.
They(husband & wife ) are fond of sending their children to you for help(money) and when u do it they never make reference to it when they later see you.
The most annoying thing is the way they ask for the help 'my mum says you should give her N500' ,my dad says he needs N1000' they will always name the amount and will never appreciate(at least say thank you) when they see you later,they act as if they never sent their children to you. I believe there's nothing wrong in helping ur neighbour if u have the ability to,but for this people it has become a norm.
How do one deal with this type of neighbour ? Please advise

what difference does it make if they acknowledge your kind gesture or not? keep giving - heaven will bless you secretly too. it's a win-win situation for you & your family.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With This Neighbour? Please Advise by pickabeau1: 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2013
Obviously they may be in dire straits

If u can give; help
If u cant Say you dont have

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With This Neighbour? Please Advise by jokepearl(f): 5:17pm On Nov 06, 2013
Are you sure the parents are sending them? The kids may just be scamming you.

11 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With This Neighbour? Please Advise by iwanchop(m): 5:57pm On Nov 06, 2013
Some neighbours can be annoying but one should help if u have the financial will.
I used to live with a neighbour like that,at a time I started telling him I don't have when he made it an every week thing,na manage me self dey manage.
Re: How Do You Deal With This Neighbour? Please Advise by Chaulay1: 6:36pm On Nov 06, 2013
Hmmm... How are you so sure that it is actually the parents that are sending those children? angry Some children can be very naughty you know. My take is, if it happens again, refer to it when next you see your neighbor just to be sure.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With This Neighbour? Please Advise by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 06, 2013

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With This Neighbour? Please Advise by baby124: 6:49pm On Nov 06, 2013
LMAO. Those beggy beggy kids. Funny thing is it might be the parents. What some parents use their kids to do.SMH. The family might be going through hell. I suggest you decide to follow them home when they come begging, so you can see for yourself the true situation of things. If they are hungry, just buy them provisions. Whatever you can afford and go on your way. smiley
Re: How Do You Deal With This Neighbour? Please Advise by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 06, 2013
Lazy couple I say!
Re: How Do You Deal With This Neighbour? Please Advise by EfemenaXY: 3:36pm On Nov 07, 2013
tybank: They are my next house neighbour,we ve got no rapport except the usual 'good morning' & how is the family greetings,no other thing bring us together.
They(husband & wife ) are fond of sending their children to you for help(money) and when u do it they never make reference to it when they later see you.
The most annoying thing is the way they ask for the help 'my mum says you should give her N500' ,my dad says he needs N1000' they will always name the amount and will never appreciate(at least say thank you) when they see you later,they act as if they never sent their children to you. I believe there's nothing wrong in helping ur neighbour if u have the ability to,but for this people it has become a norm.
How do one deal with this type of neighbour ? Please advise

I don't get it! Why on earth would you 'loan' money to someone, much less a couple you've got no rapport with?

Are you their mobile bank? lipsrsealed
Re: How Do You Deal With This Neighbour? Please Advise by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 07, 2013
Op, don't u know u r encouraging bad thing? If they pretended, ask them. Simple.
If they come again. Follow them to their house and confirm from their parents. Pls tell them next time they should come to u direct and not tru their kids.

One thing is for sure, either d parents or the kids r already into it and if u stop they will look for another mugu.
Lazy bunch. Most pple r exactly like that.
Infact this tory get as e bi.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With This Neighbour? Please Advise by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 07, 2013
coogar:

what difference does it make if they acknowledge your kind gesture or not? keep giving - heaven will bless you secretly too. it's a win-win situation for you & your family.
what kind of stewpeed behaviour is that.they are now turning their kids to beggars.what kind of trainning or example are they laying for their kids :/ after some time the kids will grow up thinking its cool to beg and on top of that not showing gratitude.

If the neighbour has a girl child,and the neighbour is a paedophile,you already know what will happen to the girl once she enters the mans house.as a matter of fact that is child abuse.what they are doing is not different from telling under aged kids to go and hawk and leaving them vulnerable to all kinds of 1d1otic human beings.both pervs o,rapists o,paedophiles and so on.anyway @op

whenever those kids come again or their parents send them to beg,write a note saying dear neighbour please you are constituting a nuisance to my life.because you are my neighbour doesnt mean you should be using your kids as pawns to beg.learn to respect yourselves and behave like normal human beings.live within your means and stop this irritating behaviours.have some sense of dignity.what kinds of mentality are you putting in the heads of your kids.please bring up well balanced kids except if you want them to be victims of all kinds of abuse.by the way,i have left 2,000 naira inside the envelope but let this be the first and last time thisshameful and 1d1otic behaviours repeat itself otherwise i will be forced to report this nonsense to the childs welfare office.thank you.put the note inside the envelope and give the kids to give their parents.

Honestly,we nigerians are the ones encouraging impunity.you can imagine.i have experienced something similar with a neighbour but it was more ridiculous than yours.she came to knock my gate. We greeted and i said shey kosi.she said actually aunty shewa,i have a party to attend and there was a day like that,like last month or so that i saw you going out wearing a purple gele.i really like that gele and funny enough i have bought the aso ebi o,its just that the colour i need now that will match my outfit and shoe is that purple gele i saw you in. So i said i have many purple head ties,i dont know which one you are referring to so she made some descriptions and i later realised the one she was talking about.i said what of your husband?she said errmm actually,he doesnt have the money,if not he will have given me,and he is generous o.its just that we just finished paying samson and tayos school fees thats what drained us financially that i cant buy it.i said ok,no problem.i stood up and went into my room and my wardrobe to fish it out.when i saw it,i put it inside nylon and said,here,but before i give you,make sure this incident that happened does not repeat itself.dont bother returning it.i wont take it next time,she apologized and left.

Bottomline,it is the boundary you establish with neighbours that will determine the kind of nonsense they will come and ask or try you with.not that you shouldnt be courteous.greet whenever you see but let everyone know when they are crossing their boundaries.kojubelo

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With This Neighbour? Please Advise by coogar: 8:08pm On Nov 07, 2013
kulyie: what kind of stewpeed behaviour is that.they are now turning their kids to beggars.what kind of trainning or example are they laying for their kids :/ after some time the kids will grow up thinking its cool to beg and on top of that not showing gratitude.

If the neighbour has a girl child,and the neighbour is a paedophile,you already know what will happen to the girl once she enters the mans house. as a matter of fact that is child abuse.what they are doing is not different from telling under aged kids to go and hawk and leaving them vulnerable to all kinds of 1d1otic human beings.both pervs o,rapists o,paedophiles and so on.anyway

Re: How Do You Deal With This Neighbour? Please Advise by armyofone(m): 8:35pm On Nov 07, 2013
don't be surprise Coo, some parents in Nigeria are irresponsible. The same way they send their children to hawk abi?
OP, please stop already. Next time lock your door when you see them coming.

coogar:

Re: How Do You Deal With This Neighbour? Please Advise by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 08, 2013
coogar:

lmao gringrin that was a typo error.i meant if the parents of those kids send them to a neighbour who is a paedophile nko
Re: How Do You Deal With This Neighbour? Please Advise by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 08, 2013
kulyie: lmao gringrin that was a typo error.i meant if the parents of those kids send them to a neighbour who is a paedophile nko
You are right!

Parents pls stop giving birth to kids you cannot take care.

OP, stop giving them money, it will encourage the parents ( if they are responsible for their begging) to pop more kids, so far they are getting free money.

Next time, let them come to you and tell you exactly when they want to pay back.
Re: How Do You Deal With This Neighbour? Please Advise by DeeAngel85: 7:21pm On Nov 08, 2013
jokepearl: Are you sure the parents are sending them? The kids may just be scamming you.

Trueeee, the parents might not send them. Just try and ask them, you might be suprised its not true. But if they really sent the children, its bad of them
Re: How Do You Deal With This Neighbour? Please Advise by Austinmoor(m): 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
Am not sure the parents are aware of the children coming to you. Try and confirm by tactically confirming from the parent in a way that will not be rude/obnoxious. Whichever way it turns stop giving...why?... if their parent is aware and do not acknowledge it and do not have a cordial relationship with you then their life is not a fertile ground to sew seed. Again, if the children are doing it on their own, stop it because its a bad habit and do not encourage them to continue. Look am a xtian and believe in giving...Proverb says a liberal heart shall remain fat...... mind you not all givings attracts blessing especially when the spirit is not leading you to do it or the one that will grief your heart after giving.

(1) (Reply)

Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men Should Do About It / What Is The Meaning Of This Dream / Hilarious, See What My Daughter Did To Her Christmas Hair(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.