Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Chime Denies Detaining Wife: I’m Protecting Her From Ridicule - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chime Denies Detaining Wife: I’m Protecting Her From Ridicule (562 Views)

Court Fines EFCC For Detaining Secondus / Enugu 2015: Gov. Chime Denies Planning To Join Apga / Governor Chime Denies Detaining His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Chime Denies Detaining Wife: I’m Protecting Her From Ridicule by awodman: 6:52pm On Nov 06, 2013
Governor Sullivan Chime of Enugu State on Tuesday night
denied subjecting his wife, Mrs. Clara Chime, to house
arrest and has vowed to protect her from being exposed to ridicule.

Chime made this denial in the presence of some
journalists, his wife and her elder brother, Mr. Tony Igwe.

Also present were the governor’s siblings, Mrs. May Oji and Dr. Jide Chime, as well as Mrs. Chime’s neuro-psychiatric doctor, Dr. Aham Agumuo, among a few others.

At the interview session, the governor’s wife denied
sending any petition to the National Human Rights
Commission alleging unlawful detention by her husband.

She also denied hiring the services of Mr. Femi Falana to seek her freedom from an alleged house arrest at the
Governor’s Lodge, Enugu.

Falana had claimed in his letter to media houses and the
Inspector-General of Police that he was engaged by the
governor’s wife to seek her freedom from alleged house
arrest.

The state governor, however, stated that it was “so
disturbing” for him to speak out publicly about his wife’s
health challenges.

He vowed to do all within his power, no matter the
personal pains, to protect her from ridicule.

“Well, my wife has some medical challenges and it would
be very unkind for me to talk about her condition on the
pages of newspapers.

“I have done everything to protect her integrity and I’m
not now going to expose her to ridicule because some
people want to exploit her situation to drag me into a
needless war of words,” Chime said.

www.punchng.com/news/im-protecting-my-wife-from-ridicule-chime/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Chime Denies Detaining Wife: I’m Protecting Her From Ridicule by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 06, 2013
i dont believe this current story. I believe the previous story I also think she was forced to tell lies. I believe he placed her on house arrest. The truth will unveil its self its only matter of time. I pity the woman in question
Re: Chime Denies Detaining Wife: I’m Protecting Her From Ridicule by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 06, 2013
you see, one should not envy rich people. You dont know what they face amidst their wealth. You dont even know how they got their money. Imagine what this woman is going through amidst this enormous wealth and fame. Smh
Re: Chime Denies Detaining Wife: I’m Protecting Her From Ridicule by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 06, 2013
it seems to me she's in bondage. May GOD deliver her in JESUS Mighty Name. AMEN
Re: Chime Denies Detaining Wife: I’m Protecting Her From Ridicule by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 06, 2013

(1)

Anambra: APC Doubts Inec’s Ability To Hold Fair Poll / Taraba State Deputy Speaker Escapes Assassination / Obi Presents Cheque Of N2.65 Billion For ICT In Anambra Schools (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.