Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,520 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Court Sentences Man To 12 Strokes Of The Cane For Stealing Fowl - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Sentences Man To 12 Strokes Of The Cane For Stealing Fowl (805 Views)

Saraki’s Senators’ At CCT Shrink From 81 To 12 / Butcher Bags 12 Strokes Of Cane For Stealing Laptops, Phones (photo) / Wole Soyinka Is Better Off As A 'Guinea Fowl' Hunter - Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Sentences Man To 12 Strokes Of The Cane For Stealing Fowl by Manchidede(m): 7:53pm On Nov 06, 2013

A Minna Chief Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday sentenced one Abubakar Abdullahi to 12 strokes of the cane after pleading guilty to a charge of stealing a fowl.
Magistrate Hassan Mohammed gave the accused an option of N5,000 fine.
The police prosecutor, Sgt. Gunduma Ibrahim, had told the court that police men on patrol at Mobile Roundabout, Minna, arrested the convict with a fowl suspected to be stolen on Nov. 2.
Ibrahim said the convict could not give a satisfactory account of how he got the animal, valued at N1,500.
He said the offence was contrary to the Penal Code of Niger.
When the charge was read to the convict, he pleaded guilty and begged the court for leniency.
The prosecutor had urged the court to try him summarily in line the Criminal Procedure Code, based on his plea. (NAN).

Source: leadership news
More at http://..com/
Re: Court Sentences Man To 12 Strokes Of The Cane For Stealing Fowl by Rexsul: 8:05pm On Nov 06, 2013
hehehehe.....oga judge y not make it 100?
Re: Court Sentences Man To 12 Strokes Of The Cane For Stealing Fowl by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 06, 2013
After the 12 strokes of cane, will he be allowed to keep the fowl?
Re: Court Sentences Man To 12 Strokes Of The Cane For Stealing Fowl by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 06, 2013
grin grin Hilarious!
Poverty is a bastard.
Re: Court Sentences Man To 12 Strokes Of The Cane For Stealing Fowl by ifyalways(f): 9:35pm On Nov 06, 2013
Bush law for bush people.

Police dey waka-about for that place checking who get fowl and receipt of purchase ni?

Good for 'em all. Shior cheesy
Re: Court Sentences Man To 12 Strokes Of The Cane For Stealing Fowl by kokoA(m): 9:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
Eyah!! All for the love of chicken pepper soup.
Re: Court Sentences Man To 12 Strokes Of The Cane For Stealing Fowl by mumumugu(m): 10:33pm On Nov 06, 2013
What happened to forgiveness
Re: Court Sentences Man To 12 Strokes Of The Cane For Stealing Fowl by IGBOSON1: 11:10pm On Nov 06, 2013
kokoA: Eyah!! All for the love of chicken pepper soup.

^^^The evidence must be cooking in the officers mess in preparation for afternoon pepper soup tingzs! We can't neglect the welfare of our hard working Nigerian police force now can we?
Re: Court Sentences Man To 12 Strokes Of The Cane For Stealing Fowl by Manchidede(m): 11:19pm On Nov 06, 2013
Mr policeman, I hope you provided and submitted the exhibit (fowl) to the prosecution council. Or, did you carry it home?
Re: Court Sentences Man To 12 Strokes Of The Cane For Stealing Fowl by kokoA(m): 11:50pm On Nov 06, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^The evidence must be cooking in the officers mess in preparation for afternoon pepper soup tingzs! We can't neglect the welfare of our hard working Nigerian police force now can we?
my broda, how can do? Na where man dey work na dere he dey chop naw.. But minna police jobless sha o grin lol, prosecuting a man for stealing a fowl.. Lol. Why not just give him some pounding of kondo olokpa and return the fowl to the rightful owner.. Case closed! I bet say na with vex dat judge use pass the judgement.. grin In his mind he will be like "I don suffer.. Chei! My mates dey pass judgement for presidential election case, I dey dis village dey judge fowl thief" grin

(1) (Reply)

National Conference: Ndubuisi Kanu & Other Igbo Leaders Meet IN Enugu / Lamido’s Passport Missing •Gov’s Journey To UK Tonight Threatened / Chronicles Of President Jonathan’s Tribulations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.