Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities (10595 Views)

Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder / Imo Police Smash Baby Factory, Nab Impregnator, Rescue 17 Pregnant Teenagers / Imo Police Arrest 2 kidnap Suspects, Rescue Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by karlmax2: 6:30pm On Nov 07, 2013
The Imo State Police Command has arrested the General Manager of Owerri Capital Development Authority, OCDA, Mr. Iheanyi Abaekwume for his alleged involvement in criminal activities.

In a statement signed by the Imo State Police Public Relations Officer, Joy Elemoko, she said the government official was arrested at his residence in Aladinma area of Owerri in the early hours of Thursday.

She added that during the police search at his residence, some prohibited items were recovered in his house. She also claimed that the police acted on the various petitions that were submitted to the command, demanding that the police investigate the OCDA boss for some crime related activities in the state.

Mrs Joy Elemoko maintained that in the meantime, the OCDA boss is still remanded in police custody until proper investigations are conducted and concluded.

The police command however reiterated its commitment to arrest anybody either highly placed or ordinary person involved in any act of crime in the state.

Reacting to the arrest, the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Media, Sam Onwuemeodo said the arrest of the OCDA boss is condemnable and unacceptable.

He explained  that the police have the right to arrest somebody when they think he has breached the law but it must be done with civility. He said the OCDA boss is an agent of the State Government and the police was expected to put that into consideration stressing that the Imo State Police Command has been enjoying good relationship with the State Government and it is the wish of the government that such understanding should remain.

Owerri Capital Development Agency, OCDA, is a state agency saddled with the responsibility of redesigning and maintaining the master plan of Owerri, the Imo State capital city.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/11/07/imo-police-arrest-ocda-boss-for-alleged-involvement-in-criminal-activities/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by lordhugo(m): 9:30am On Nov 08, 2013
I keep wondering why the police are more active in opposition states or opposition issues.
From Rivers to Imo to Kano to Edo to State-government lodges in Abuja.

Anyway, if the official is corrupt , then he deserves it!!!!

Please if you have the OC A-division Warri phone number, please tell him armed-robbers robbed till day break in my neighborhood today. Ask him 'KINDLY' if they have now bought fuel for their vans. We are waiting for them to come take our statements. (instead of arresting the robbers)

In other news,
i want to thank all fellow traders of igbudu market warri where i have bee relegated to selling even after graduating with 2.1 in geophysics and serving NIGERIA MY COUNTRY succesfully from june 2012 to april 2013.......

To all my beer parlour joint mates.....power the mechanic, wahab the electrician, friday the bartender, willie the panel-beater, andy the DJ/owner and the beautiful sales girl ONYI who i want to bleep when i finally get a job.... I GREET UNA!!!!!

(Modification) In response to a very silly jab at me by 1 'frankyychiji' who doesnt appreciate sarcasm in reference to my post above =, i wish to state that i do not sell in igbudu market and i actually do own an agro-allied farm. Please do a google search of OAU poultry limited.

GOD BLESS SEUN!
GOD BLESS NAIRALAND!

and yes, may the truth on the OCDA boss come to light! AMEN.

16 Likes

Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by profchika: 9:31am On Nov 08, 2013
First to comment. I don join too
Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 08, 2013
ok
Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by infoscope(m): 9:32am On Nov 08, 2013
Hmmm, I sense foul play
Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 08, 2013
Rochas the Roach, your chicken is coming home to roost. Enjoy.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by Jelo4kul(m): 9:33am On Nov 08, 2013
Like this post if u believe that after reading it,you won't receive a wrap of Nigerian Naira note.
Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by jonescyras(m): 9:33am On Nov 08, 2013
H embarasseda ba! Nigerians!!! Leaders who should be a mentor turn the opposite!!!! I just can understand why 95% of nigerians love corruption!...
1...Nigerians can't use paypal due to the rate at which the ogas at the top take 419 by the horn
2...Nigeria is rejected by most ebay,amazon and most of all the online shopping websites in the name of 419
3...Nigeria is now nicknamed "Nigeria419" due to the way they scam white women online
....Now GHANA,S.A,ENGLAND,INDIA and the host of others do not want nigerians in their country because the NAmE NIGERia symbolizes CORRUPTIOn
.. I pity my dear country o!
Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by kingofpool: 9:34am On Nov 08, 2013
Very gud....Plz who is mukina2?
Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 08, 2013
it is only people from one part of the country that commit crimes or wetin? because the news wey i dy read for nairaland this days make me dey do wantin wntin o.
Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by MrAboki: 9:36am On Nov 08, 2013
Berem....

Over to You!!

In Rochas we trust.... grin
Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by igbsam(m): 9:36am On Nov 08, 2013
if found guilty, lock him up behind bars....which i know would not happen in nigeria. Ogas at the top would settle the matter amicably. Nobody is above the law, but in nigeria, some people are way above the law and we know them grin
Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by kingofpool: 9:38am On Nov 08, 2013
Hmmmmm....Nairaland nd tribalism......Dis sh.it headz forwarded this thread to frontpage with no post,comment......Coz it concernz an igbo state..........Ndi igbo ga atuba ime kariri na ala nija
Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by lordhugo(m): 9:38am On Nov 08, 2013
profchika: First to comment. I don join too

so so sorry my boy, i booked the space grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 08, 2013
Hey fellow nairalanders its my birthday

1 Like

Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by MrAboki: 9:39am On Nov 08, 2013
karl max: The Imo State Police Command has arrested the General Manager of Owerri Capital Development Authority, OCDA, Mr. Iheanyi Abaekwume for his alleged involvement in criminal activities.

In a statement signed by the Imo State Police Public Relations Officer, Joy Elemoko, she said the government official was arrested at his residence in Aladinma area of Owerri in the early hours of Thursday.

She added that during the police search at his residence, some prohibited items were recovered in his house. She also claimed that the police acted on the various petitions that were submitted to the command, demanding that the police investigate the OCDA boss for some crime related activities in the state.

Mrs Joy Elemoko maintained that in the meantime, the OCDA boss is still remanded in police custody until proper investigations are conducted and concluded.

The police command however reiterated its commitment to arrest anybody either highly placed or ordinary person involved in any act of crime in the state.

Reacting to the arrest, the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Media, Sam Onwuemeodo said the arrest of the OCDA boss is condemnable and unacceptable.

He explained  that the police have the right to arrest somebody when they think he has breached the law but it must be done with civility. He said the OCDA boss is an agent of the State Government and the police was expected to put that into consideration stressing that the Imo State Police Command has been enjoying good relationship with the State Government and it is the wish of the government that such understanding should remain.

Owerri Capital Development Agency, OCDA, is a state agency saddled with the responsibility of redesigning and maintaining the master plan of Owerri, the Imo State capital city.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/11/07/imo-police-arrest-ocda-boss-for-alleged-involvement-in-criminal-activities/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

GBAM

Here is the problem with the Police..

So the Police should consult with the governor before arresting any Political office holder.. grin

Mr. Rochas.. Is this constitutional?!

2 Likes

Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by Annie2gud(f): 9:40am On Nov 08, 2013
profchika: First to comment. I don join too
Are you sure?
Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by Akshow: 9:45am On Nov 08, 2013
I.am.sadiq:
so make we start cry? Make I jus pity u wish u. Happy born day
Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 08, 2013
undecided Laff small abegg!

Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by ichommy(m): 9:46am On Nov 08, 2013
Okoro2015: Rochas the Roach, your chicken is coming home to roost. Enjoy.

What is this one saying?
Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by Jayses(m): 9:47am On Nov 08, 2013
Mtheeeeeew na ASUU stories I wan see
Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by sCun: 9:50am On Nov 08, 2013
I.am.sadiq:
So fûcking what?
Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 08, 2013
Jelo4ku: H

jonescyras: 1

See Hustling abeg..grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by buoye1(m): 9:57am On Nov 08, 2013
Nonsense the real thieveS(Politicians) walk in d street free while poor Nigerians r languishing in Jail!!
Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by shiftmarket(m): 10:03am On Nov 08, 2013
Police is your friend that's if the matter will not be swept under the carpet.
Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by Abagworo(m): 10:09am On Nov 08, 2013
I seriously do not know what to comment on as no particular offence was stated. I suspect either illegal extortion or harassment. Maybe he issued fake receipts for some levy or something related to that. However they should let us know what he actually did.
Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by MrAboki: 10:13am On Nov 08, 2013
Abagworo: I seriously do not know what to comment on as no particular offence was stated. I suspect either illegal extortion or harassment. Maybe he issued fake receipts for some levy or something related to that. However they should let us know what he actually did.

They are still investigating... grin

Plus some prohibited items were recovered from his house.. Prolly drugs and guns.

1 Like

Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by Abagworo(m): 10:14am On Nov 08, 2013
karl max:

Funny but I just realized its more or less a set up. Petitions and search are two common words we find in set ups. Jealous associates probably wrote that he has a gun and wham! Police men invaded his house for a search and found a gun plus probably weed. End of story.
Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by sarutobie(m): 10:24am On Nov 08, 2013
jonescyras: H embarasseda ba! Nigerians!!! Leaders who should be a mentor turn the opposite!!!! I just can understand why 95% of nigerians love corruption!...
1...Nigerians can't use paypal due to the rate at which the ogas at the top take 419 by the horn
2...Nigeria is rejected by most ebay,amazon and most of all the online shopping websites in the name of 419
3...Nigeria is now nicknamed "Nigeria419" due to the way they scam white women online
....Now GHANA,S.A,ENGLAND,INDIA and the host of others do not want nigerians in their country because the NAmE NIGERia symbolizes CORRUPTIOn
.. I pity my dear country o!
Your type does more harm to Nigeria than foreigners..self-induced ignorance is contagious.

1 Like

Re: Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities by frankyychiji(f): 10:27am On Nov 08, 2013
lordhugo: I keep wondering why the police are more active in opposition states or opposition issues.
From Rivers to Imo to Kano to Edo to State-government lodges in Abuja.

Anyway, if the official is corrupt , then he deserves it!!!!

Please if you have the OC A-division Warri phone number, please tell him armed-robbers robbed till day break in my neighborhood today. Ask him 'KINDLY' if they have now bought fuel for their vans. We are waiting for them to come take our statements. (instead of arresting the robbers)

In other news,
i want to thank all fellow traders of igbudu market warri where i have bee relegated to selling even after graduating with 2.1 in geophysics and serving NIGERIA MY COUNTRY succesfully from june 2012 to april 2013.......

To all my beer parlour joint mates.....power the mechanic, wahab the electrician, friday the bartender, willie the panel-beater, andy the DJ/owner and the beautiful sales girl ONYI who i want to bleep when i finally get a job.... I GREET UNA!!!!!
O boy if truly u have 2.1 on merit in Goephysics, then u need nobody to employ u as u are bright enough to generate ideas for self-employment. And in d case where u have already done that and now u are a trader in igbudu market, u are bright enough to move ur business to d next level. But if u got d 2.1 from d backdoor, then u are were u rightfully belong drinking ur life away wt ur beer parlour friends. Also, it wl be difficult for u to get a job since ur only ambition is to "bleep" d girl dat sells d beer and P/soup in ur joint. However, something gvs me d feeling dat u r not a graduate but a street urchin.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fourteen Oil Workers Kidnapped In Rivers- The Vanguard / How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 / Court Convicts Calistus Obi, Ex NIMAS Acting Director-General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.