Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

How Does OLX Make Profits? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Does OLX Make Profits? (40454 Views)

What Does OLX Stand To Gain ? / Does OLX As For Verification Use ID Card, Phcn Bill And Must See You In Person? / 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by tolu4you: 1:52pm On Nov 09, 2013
i still dey wonder oooo
Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by Vicjay1(m): 1:56pm On Nov 09, 2013
obeenah40: So all this sites Makes profit? I thought pple just run them for fun shocked
hmm. for ur mind. fun ke, leisure ni. traffic wey nairaland pull xterday? u know much? i join people wey control traffic yesterday.
Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by bilexg(m): 2:00pm On Nov 09, 2013
This shouldn't be a question u should ask. It's clear already. They make profit by getting traffic on their website. That's all. Hv u asked seun of nairaland hw makes his own profit.
Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by prof800(m): 2:00pm On Nov 09, 2013
Site Traffic.
Advertising is free, but then you have to upload a pics of the goods you are selling. So you see?
And they may have not started making money yet but they will.
These guys are in over 100 other countries and still thriving including USA. Infact they are using the money earned from some countries to investing in the Nigerian market because they know it's very large.
When the time comes they will get their money back. wink

2 Likes

Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 09, 2013
chiboy1928: I design the site for OLX will gist u guys hw we make our money so keep ur finger cross be right back.
Liar!
Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 09, 2013
chiboy1928: I design the site for OLX will gist u guys hw we make our money so keep ur finger cross be right back.

LIAR OF LIFE!!!
Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by smart134: 2:25pm On Nov 09, 2013
hmm
Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by Kingslaw(m): 2:36pm On Nov 09, 2013
Abeg o,i get 1.5k.any body here fit desighn a mini forum for me.pls am a brother in need 4 now pls.
Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by Onyenna(m): 2:40pm On Nov 09, 2013
Whatever they (OLX) are planning is definitely working..... Everyone is talking about OLX......

2 Likes

Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by akraym(m): 2:43pm On Nov 09, 2013
"Please do not post adverts in this section, to avoid being killed."

1 Like

Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by Jamji: 2:47pm On Nov 09, 2013
Kingslaw: Abeg o,i get 1.5k.any body here fit desighn a mini forum for me.pls am a brother in need 4 now pls.

Do you want one like this? http://workfor500.com/ . I did this one from the ground up (i intend to sell it or maybe will do something with it it later on). hint me at 08107032537, i can do it for you within 72 hours.
Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by Onyenna(m): 2:49pm On Nov 09, 2013
parisienne:

LIAR OF LIFE!!!

1 Like

Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by victorv12(m): 2:51pm On Nov 09, 2013
OLX makes money through per click, google Adware, web/network hosting, traffic control, and their affiliate websites. OLX is not as good as Nairaland. I placed a car advert on olx, and till date, I have only 84 views in a month. But on Nairaland, thesame advert was viewed in less than six hours, over 150 people were able to view the advert. I will forever be loyal to Nairaland. As for Nairaland, I was able to check how much they were receiving from google and other sites, that Seun guy is one rich guy! I envy him. Do you know the traffic being forwarded to Nairaland on a daily basis?! Nairaland has over 1445940 members...we should all picture if half of these people click in less than 24 hours excluding paid advert...That's some real cheese!
Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by mhozzis(m): 2:55pm On Nov 09, 2013
prof800: Site Traffic.
Advertising is free, but then you have to upload a pics of the goods you are selling. So you see?
And they may have not started making money yet but they will.
These guys are in over 100 other countries and still thriving including USA. Infact they are using the money earned from some countries to investing in the Nigerian market because they know it's very large.
When the time comes they will get their money back. wink
EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE TALKING TRAFFIC but no one has stated how it really works.

*Does this traffic mean if i own a website that generates lots of visits to the site without me running any ad,I'll make money?

*Who will pay me the money pls?

5 Likes

Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by mj(m): 2:57pm On Nov 09, 2013
Google is responsible for selling Sponsored Links on OLX. You buy Sponsored Links by buying Google Adwords and targeting OLX. If you don’t have an account, you can create one at Google Adwords. If you already have an account, use the instructions below to target your ads on OLX.

http://www.olx.in/sponsoredlinks.php
Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by mckorode(m): 3:00pm On Nov 09, 2013
olx Is making money through sponsored links, these are the last 3 links on every ad listing page.go to the botton and you would see info on How to use google ad word to feature your link on olx ad pages.its simple...the more countries they cover the more traffic and the higher the potential of ad word links directed to their website.
that Is their monetization technique and its pretty obvious....traffic=money
Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by mckorode(m): 3:03pm On Nov 09, 2013
mj: Google is responsible for selling Sponsored Links on OLX. You buy Sponsored Links by buying Google Adwords and targeting OLX. If you don’t have an account, you can create one at Google Adwords. If you already have an account, use the instructions below to target your ads on OLX.

http://www.olx.in/sponsoredlinks.php

exactly....people be wondering anyhow...if you wander enough you would see ''sponsored''=''money''
and when next anyone Is unclear How a site make money..just conclude its google...you r most probably correct..
Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by mckorode(m): 3:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
mhozzis: EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE TALKING TRAFFIC but no one has stated how it really works.

*Does this traffic mean if i own a website that generates lots of visits to the site without me running any ad,I'll make money?

*Who will pay me the money pls?

traffic Is the most important factor for site monitization..and more so if its regular and if the users/visitors are potential adclickers and product buyers...it may be worth just ''joy of accomplishment'' to you but it means $$$ to online ad companies like google ads,adfly and others....they are the ones who will pay you.
Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
dominique: @naijacutee
Don't they get commissions off goods sold on their site? I thought that was their major source of income. undecided
don't they get commissions of goods sold off their site?
Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by Abbey2sam(m): 3:20pm On Nov 09, 2013
nacosprof: Waooo 1st 2comment

You must be high on poo
Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by Ladapo(m): 3:29pm On Nov 09, 2013
Check out kijiji.com in Google. Kijiji is the Canadian version of OLX and they are really making huge bucks when people advertise and pay premiums.
Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by simdam500(m): 3:44pm On Nov 09, 2013
i wonder too ooo... Cos the advert no be small... *yet them no talk of commission*
Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by MrSinister(m): 3:58pm On Nov 09, 2013
Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by Ninilowo(m): 4:09pm On Nov 09, 2013
How does Seun make money? grin
Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 09, 2013
Suprisingly, some people don't know what OLX is
Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 09, 2013
nacosprof: Waooo 1st 2comment
u dey craze when ur comment don almost enter 2nd page sef

1 Like

Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by AdemolaA2: 4:28pm On Nov 09, 2013
OlX which is a C2C online classified ecommerce site main aim right now is not monetary profit making but to gain large market share.Olx is fast growing with the increase in the number of free user registration on a daily basis .In my own opinion, they want to of course reach a target of having millions of active users before they begin making money through banner placements and advert placements.So they're after market domination by making their services free for now.
Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by anonimi: 4:29pm On Nov 09, 2013
mhozzis: OLX has adverts that feature celebrities on radio, television and other media.

So my question is: how do they cover cost for the adverts since using their service is free of charge?

I THANK WHOEVER MOVED THIS TO FRONT PAGE.ITS A SIGN THAT I'M FAVOURED IN THIS YEAR AND ALL THE PLACES I SUBMITTED MY CV WILL SOON CALL ME FOR EMPLOYMENT

You were doing very ok until the red portion.
What did the Bible say about the generation seeking signs & wonders
Faith in your effort and God's ability to crown it with success is good but not when it is tied to signs & omens- that is simply superstition, even though subtle.
Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by anonimi: 4:36pm On Nov 09, 2013
gcfr.com:
Good question.. I really don't think they re making any profit yet, even if they re, it won't cover the cost of d adverts they re currently running.. I think they ve a long term plan.

Just like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc and even Seun's NL.
Build the platform, get the traffic and the ads will follow.

We need to STOP looking at everything on the cash & carry basis of Here & Now.
Life is a marathon not a sprint!

That is part of the reason why we Africans have NOTHING that we developed, produced & continuously improve among what we use daily.
That is sad!!!
Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by kingschild123(m): 4:37pm On Nov 09, 2013
I read through the olx page and I saw the option for paid advertisement I believe they call it the featured ad. So on the long run they are making money in a way.
Re: How Does OLX Make Profits? by greggng: 4:43pm On Nov 09, 2013
Olx at the moment is doing what the government does to newly established companies to enable them survive. The govt call it tax holiday. We the users are enjoying tax holiday. By the time they gain ground it will no longer be free. Is a good business strategy cos they re motoring trafick. Very soon they will start enjoying the fruit of their labor. This is my take

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Warri Billionaire Ayiri Emami & Son Dress To Match / Nigerian Doctor Left In Shock After Breaking Her Piggy Bank & Found N600. Pics / Would You Buy This Japa Sales For N5000?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.