Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Meant To Be - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Meant To Be (147627 Views)

I Never Meant To Take My Life But I Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 4:29pm On Dec 05, 2013
Cheriepet: Haba Stef u want make i unghostsmiley ok no wahala. u re doing great n with Larry's help i believe u wont disappoint.

following

gringringrin...e gud as u unghost now....

Tnks...I pray I dont disappoint
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 6:25pm On Dec 05, 2013
*continued*

"Get some clothes on jaweee, see all the chest hair sef," she said and hissed.
"Listen to yourself, you didn't notice my packs, na only the hair you see?" he asked while settling beside her on the settee.

"That's because it's disgusting."
"Yeah right, headlines sis, girls totally dig this, the hair, the packs, the face, the voice, everything," he said while using his hands to demonstrate.

Princess laughed, "wait so you think you are handsome abiii? Uncle Chimezie beats you to it."
Both started laughing, the face of their uncle was enough to send a new born baby back to his mother's womb.

The man had a big head, he was bald, had hairs in both ears, had a moustache and beard with three different colours; black, white, grey. To worsen matters, he had a very huge nose and was lacking in the height department.

"Princess chai! Why are you insulting uncle now?" Chuks asked while still laughing.
"I didn't say anything, simply said he is handsomer."

"If I hear, with that nose which occupies almost two-third of his face."
"Ah! Chuks, let daddy come back, I'll report you." she replied. She had forgotten about the movie she had been watching, she took the remote and switched the television off.

"Why?" Chuks inquired.
"Its boring jaweee," she turned towards his direction wearing the expression of a sober professional, "so you came for your phone right?" she asked.

"Madam, whats with the look?"
She raised her eyebrows, "you need your phone or what?"
"Sorry Ma, I do," Chuks replied while trying to hide his smile.

"So you just want me to give you, you don't even care how much stress I went through sef."
"What even happened?" he asked, he was on his way home when he discovered he could not find his phone. He had dialled his number from a call centre only for Princess to pick.

"You want to know?" Princess asked, "Okay I'll tell you."

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 6:56pm On Dec 05, 2013
Network free me...
Pals, I'm trying to update the remaining part of this chap but netwk no gree... I hope dz msg even goes through shaaa... Mayb I'll jst update it 2mrw
Re: Meant To Be by kingphilip(m): 8:10pm On Dec 05, 2013
^^^
network don free u now oya come update
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:28pm On Dec 05, 2013
---------------------

"Last class, I instructed you all to write an article on self-ionization of water but some dumb students simply copied the entire article from wikipedia." The lecturer stopped and brought out a folded piece of paper from his folder.

"Who is Jembete Poyinmaya?" He asked with a stern look on his face. The entire class broke into laughter.
Ore nudged Dami, "what's wrong?" he asked, "everybody is laughing and you are wearing a look that is only found in funerals."

She hissed out of frustration, "I'm just tired, thanks for your concern though."
"Order." Professor Jakeilaye shouted, "why are you acting like animals, I asked a question and all I get as a reply is laughter and silly murmurings."

"Class governor," he continued, "come with whoever this person is to my office. I want to know who is so stupid as to dub from wikipedia and even include wikipedia's references and external links, as if that wasn't stupid enough. The i.diot equally wrote 'Read in another language' in his article."

The students laughed silently, no body wanted to be the scape goat, they would rather prefer Jembe receiving his punishment. The guy was synonymous with trouble and stupidity.

Dami hissed, "Read in another language? Like seriously?" she laughed.
"Do you realise you've been hissing too much?" Ore asked.
The sound of students packing their bags and exiting the class disrupted their discussion.

"I think the lecturer already left, I didn't even notice." Dami said while putting her pen in her bag.
"That's because you have something bothering you, mind sharing?" he asked with obvious concern etched on his face.

"Awww, somebody is being a good friend, thanks but I'm fine. Okay I'm not really fine but I'll be."
Ore gave her a 'are you sure' look.
They stood and walked out of the lecture theatre.

On the way to their hostels, Ore kept trying to bring up conversations but gave up when he realised he was fighting a losing battle.

When Dami got to her room, she lay on her bed thinking of a way to solve her predicament.

There was only one name which came to mind, Tinu.

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:52pm On Dec 05, 2013
I dint know NL censored words like 'i.diot'
Re: Meant To Be by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:59pm On Dec 05, 2013
stefikal:

which families are u referring 2?grin

abeg just close dt football chap, hopefully e no go show 4 subsequent chaps
don't worry.. I've figured it out.. I was actually talking about chucks family and femi's family.. But then, I realised they are neighbours...
Loving this..
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 9:03pm On Dec 05, 2013
LogoDWhiz: don't worry.. I've figured it out.. I was actually talking about chucks family and femu family.. But turn I realised they are neighbours...
Loving this..

smiley I'm glad u're loving dz...I hope not to disappoint u
Re: Meant To Be by kingphilip(m): 6:12am On Dec 06, 2013
stefikal:

smiley I'm glad u're loving dz...I hope not to disappoint u
ur writeups are jst too gr8 i knw u wont disappoint
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:43am On Dec 06, 2013
kingphilip:
ur writeups are jst too gr8 i knw u wont disappoint

'just too' gr8...wow...I'm flattered...tnks smiley
Re: Meant To Be by kingphilip(m): 8:45am On Dec 06, 2013
^^^
dont be flattered away come and give us some more
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 9:02am On Dec 06, 2013
kingphilip: ^^^
dont be flattered away come and give us some more

I'll update later...jst woke up n I still feel sleepy...besides I've nt written d next chap...bt I'll drop sth b4 12midnight 2day...
Re: Meant To Be by missterious(f): 9:25am On Dec 06, 2013
Before midnight?? sad
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 9:58am On Dec 06, 2013
miss.terious:
Before midnight?? sad

c'mon wear a smile...b4 midnight culd be now, next 30 mins or even 11:55pm gringringringrin
Re: Meant To Be by chade(f): 4:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
Babe u r just too much

...4rm me to u# I love dis story.......
*Subscribing*
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 5:43pm On Dec 06, 2013
chade: Babe u r just too much

...4rm me to u# I love dis story.......
*Subscribing*

hehehehehe...my head don dey swell oooo...tnks chade...smiley
Re: Meant To Be by kingphilip(m): 5:48pm On Dec 06, 2013
^^^
Come update b4 the head burst jor
Re: Meant To Be by kingphilip(m): 5:49pm On Dec 06, 2013
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 5:54pm On Dec 06, 2013
kingphilip: ^^^
Come update b4 the head burst jor

I promised to and I'll stick to my promise, Just finished writing it, na to type remain
Re: Meant To Be by DEllaluv(f): 6:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
I dey wait
Re: Meant To Be by chade(f): 6:43pm On Dec 06, 2013
stefikal:

hehehehehe...my head don dey swell oooo...tnks chade...smiley
uwc,am nt flattering u o.....i just had 2 appreciate a gud writer....
@king...stop bin jealous
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 6:56pm On Dec 06, 2013
chade: uwc,am nt flattering u o.....i just had 2 appreciate a gud writer....
@king...stop bin jealous

*bows*...kumaho..#in Korean language
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 7:00pm On Dec 06, 2013
-10-

"Madam, beans don cost." Felicia explained to the woman in front of her stall.
"No be last week I buy one derica ₦150? How the price come be ₦170?" the lady whose makeup was way beyond clownish replied.

Felicia sighed, she had initially mistook the lady for a mad woman due to the different combinations of colours on her face. With the way the lady was bent on starting a tug of war, she was convinced that the lady had gone bananas.

The price of beans had risen for over six weeks, most traders sold theirs for ₦180 and here was someone insisting on paying ₦150.

"Madam, no vex but na ₦170 last," she replied, the lady left the shop murumuring words that Felicia could not fathom. She was about to sit in the interior part of the shop when somebody called.

She came out to discover it was the female clown.
"Aunty, sell am ₦160 for me now," the lady said with a mischievious glint in her eyes.
Felicia lost it at that point, "Madam, I say he no gree, shooooo, infact I no sell again, dey go," she shouted.

The lady left immediately while laughing. Felicia shook her head, she pitied the lady but she prayed the lady would not return to disturb again.

She sat back in her shop and was about to eat her food when somebody said, "good afternoon" from outside. She cursed silently, why would the lady come to disturb again?.

She stood and was about to shout 'go away' but the words disappeared when she discovered who her visitor was.

---------------------

The more he approached the manager's office, the more he dreaded the outcome of him meeting with the manager. The manager hardly summoned members of staff to his office which implied that something was wrong.

He had logged out of facebook chat when Halima had called to inform him about the manager wanting to see him in his office. He knocked on the door and went in.

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:03pm On Dec 06, 2013
"Good day Sir," he greeted while trying to sound confident. Deep within him, he was nervous since it was a meeting with the manager.

"Mr Oladele, have your seat, there's no need to be nervous now. Is there?" the manager asked, it was obvious he knew the effect he had on employees, despite the fact that he was not the highest authority, his subordinates regarded himwith great awe.

He passed information through phone calls, letters and mostly had meetings in the board room. A tête-à-tête with him meant you were in trouble.

The manager laughed, he knew Femi was in no trouble, he simply wanted to explain some things to him but the nervous expression on Femi's face was amusing.

"Joking apart, you have nothing to worry about, I just want to explain something to you," he continued.

Femi relaxed a bit, "Okay Sir, its just that this is quite unusual."
The manager nodded in the affirmative, unusual was a very suitable word, he thought.

"Well Mr Oladele, today marks the end of the month and from the company's records it equally marks twenty two months of your stay in this company.

Femi regarded the expression of the manager, why was the man driving at?

"I'm sure you are aware that senior staff are given one month leave after they must have worked for eighteen months," the manager continued while tapping his ballpoint pen on his desk, "twenty two months and you are yet to go for your leave, may I ask why?"

Femi heaved a sigh of relief, so this was the reason the manager summoned him, "sir, I've never really considered it," he responded.

"So you're a typical workaholic, well Mr Oladele according to company's policy, if after you are qualified for leave and you delay for a maximum of five months. Automatically you forfeit the chance of going on leave.
Which simply means that starting from tomorrow which marks your twenty third month, you automatically lose the chance of going on your first leave and the next chance you get is till eighteen months after your first leave was due."

The manager threw a form towards Femi's direction, "I really don't see what you're going to lose, you'd be getting your complete salary afterall. Just take the break, my opinion though."

Femi collected the form and was about to speak when the manager continued, "Remember today is the only time you have to make a decision, what you choose to do is entirely up to you."

"Okay Sir, thank you, I'll just take my leave." Femi replied. The manager nodded his head and waved his hand in a motion that told Femi he could leave.

--------------------

Femi walked back to his office while different feelings enveloped his mind. How would he survive without coming to work? His manager wanted him to die of boredom but the thought of getting his full salary without having to work was appetising.

Before he had gone to see his manager he had been chatting woth Tony, Tony had been his roomate back in his university days.

The only means of contact they had was via facebook, Tony had hurt him in the past but Femi had eventually gotten over it.

Their chat had been smooth until Tony informed Femi that he had seen sexyB weeks ago, Femi had changed the topic of discussion and eventually logged out.

SexyB was the name his friends called her but she had been Bimpe to him, the girl who had smashed his heart.

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:36pm On Dec 06, 2013
D.Ella.luv:
I dey wait

ella...i don update finish oooo, hope say u no stil dey waiting levels...oyaa go update ur tori too
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 11:07pm On Dec 06, 2013
I shld hv asked dz b4...bt I gez its beta late than neva

so who do we think Felicia is
#Lets see who is in spirit
Re: Meant To Be by chade(f): 9:38am On Dec 07, 2013
Hmmmm...na wetin me sef wan ask b dat o
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 9:40am On Dec 07, 2013
chade: Hmmmm...na wetin me sef wan ask b dat o

I be don dey tink say nobody wan comment...oyaaa chade provide any ans way enta ur head ooo

@kingphilip: cum supply ur answer too
Re: Meant To Be by D9ty7(m): 9:59am On Dec 07, 2013
Its been long since i was here. But anyways am back now. Ride on ma'am.
Re: Meant To Be by KingzPen(m): 10:02am On Dec 07, 2013
Awesome And Creative... Loving It... Following You Till It Ends...
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:20am On Dec 07, 2013
D9ty7: Its been long since i was here. But anyways am back now. Ride on ma'am.

tnks n welkm back...as 4 riding...i nid to buy fuel, make i fit zoom with speed
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:23am On Dec 07, 2013
KingzPen: Awesome And Creative... Loving It... Following You Till It Ends...

tnks KingzPen n welkm on board Sir...
aw many kings I don get here now?grin

@joliematt n cvesta: i dey wait 4 d day way una go drop comment....una jst dey chop n clean mouth...anywaiz its all gudgringringrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) / Daughters / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.