Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar (1057 Views)

I Have Finally Concluded That Maupe Ogun Is Not Intelligent Enough For Her Job / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar by adadadon(m): 7:53am On Nov 08, 2013
The House of Representatives Committee on Aviation has concluded that Mrs. Stella Oduah, the Minister, is a serial liar.

In a report on its investigation obtained by SaharaReporters, the committee dismissed every single claim the Minister made during her testimony to the committee earlier in the week concerning the purchase of two bulletproof cars for her by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA).

It stressed there was no appropriation for the purchase of the two armoured cars, and stressed that the NCAA proposal for the purchase of the two MBW armoured cars was rejected.

“There was no provision for armoured vehicle in Nigerian law for a minister in any event, any procurement for an armoured vehicle must be provided for in the appropriation act and backed by relevant approval,” the report said.

The committee also noted that the Minister and the Director-General of the NCAA claimed that both vehicles were purchased under a lease agreement with First Bank plc.

“The assertion is not true because First Bank plc clearly stated that they were procured under auto loan, this is clearly shown by the loan agreement between NCAA and First Bank.”

Furthermore, it said, “The document submitted shows that BMW chassis No. DW68044 and DW68032 while on ground committee inspect BMW vehicle chassis No. DW68044 and W68011 , the identity of W68011 is still unknown to the committee because the vehicle chassis number did not tally with the documents submitted.”

Turning to other testimonies, the committed recalled that the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, clearly stated in her presentation that her Ministry did not approve any waiver for the two vehicles.

“Coscharis Motors Limited claimed that the Federal Ministry of Finance granted it import duty VAT, ETLS, CISS, and port charges waiver to import two number bullet proof BMW armored cars, this claim is false. The Hon. Minister of Finance in the testimony before the committee stated that the Federal Ministry of Finance only granted waivers to Lagos State Government through Coscharis Motors Limited in 2012 for the importation of 300 units vehicles for use during the 2012 Eko Games and that the waiver did not include the importation of two BMW armored cars.”

Similarly, both Mrs. Oduah and the DG of NCAA claimed in their presentation that the procurement of the operations vehicles complied with the relevant laws of public procurement, fiscal responsibility and due process. This claim was countered by the Bureau of Public Procurement assertion that it was not part of the transaction between NCAA, First Bank and Coscharis Motors Limited to procure the operational vehicles. Furthermore, no evidence at complying with due process was shown however.”

The committee further recalled that Mrs. Oduah also testified that the lease financing arrangement would see NCAA pay N100m by the end of 2013 fiscal year while the balance of N16m will be paid in the following year. The amount, according to the Minister, fell below what is required for Federal Executive Council (FEC) approval.

“However, documents from NCAA indicate that on April 25th 2013, the Hon. Minister approved the sum of N564, 665,000,00m. There is no evidence to show that the Hon. Minister presented NCAA’s request to Federal Executive Council for its approval.”

The committed observed that neither the Minister of Aviation and NCAA submitted copies of necessary documents to validate the claim that the transactions followed due process whatsoever.

“The pre-shipping inspection end-user certificate issued by the office of National Security Adviser (NSA) to Coscharis Motors Limited is for three nos armoured BMW 760 Li High Security vehicles with chassis number DW68032, DW68044 and DW68047,” the committee said.

“From the records Coscharis Motors delivered to the NCAA two nos armoured BMW cars with chassis number DW68032 and DW68044, Coscharis may have to explain the ownership and whereabouts of the third armoured car with chassis number DW68047, since neither of the three
armoured cars had approval.”
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/house-reps-aviation-committee-dismisses-all-claims-stella-oduah
Re: The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 08, 2013
BIG FAT LIAR!!!

This woman should just resign honourably cos the matter is about getting worse.

STEALER oduah must go.

2 Likes

Re: The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar by FreeGlobe(f): 7:55am On Nov 08, 2013
Dustbin journalism from mama funke beer parlor

1 Like

Re: The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar by Nuges11(m): 8:00am On Nov 08, 2013
Dance of shame
Re: The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 08, 2013
FreeGlobe: Dustbin journalist from mama funke beer parlor
you are shamelessly supporting corruption just becausd of ethnicity. May your fellow igbos steal heavily from you too.
Re: The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 08, 2013
I knew it.
Re: The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar by FreeGlobe(f): 8:11am On Nov 08, 2013
Segeggs: you are shamelessly supporting corruption just becausd of ethnicity. May your fellow igbos steal heavily from you too.
corruption by perception abi? you are supporting this baseless attack too because of ethnicity ain't you?
Re: The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar by Konjour(m): 8:17am On Nov 08, 2013
If they've got all the evidence needed to indict her, let them just go ahead already and 'Do the needful'. If it plays out for too long, the case would gradually die off subconciously in the minds of a lot of Nigerians.
Re: The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 08, 2013
FreeGlobe:
corruption by perception abi? you are supporting this baseless attack too because of ethnicity ain't you?
you call spending beyond her limit a baseless attack? You must be a dunce.
Re: The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar by FreeGlobe(f): 8:23am On Nov 08, 2013
Segeggs: you call spending beyond her limit a baseless attack? You must be a dunce.
stfu and ranting like a diseased dog, what do you mean by spending beyond her limit? what is her limit
Re: The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 08, 2013
FreeGlobe:
stfu and ranting like a diseased dog, what do you mean by spending beyond her limit? what is her limit

You need to 'do the needful' as in shut up. This minister has been caught in her own web of lies.
Re: The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 08, 2013
FreeGlobe:
This was how the Lagos being a "no man's land" mentality started. Many people frowned at it, but you Igbo glowed in it. You took this same mentality to India, claiming India is no man's land. You and I know what the resultant effect is and how it now threatens the cordial relationship between Nigeria and India.
Now you are supporting Stella Oduah because she is Igbo. I pray something else doesn't happen that will make you say had we known.
Re: The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar by FreeGlobe(f): 8:46am On Nov 08, 2013
Ola Johnson:
This was how the Lagos being a "no man's land" mentality started. Many people frowned at it, but you Igbo glowed in it. You took this same mentality to India, claiming India is no man's land. You and I know what the resultant effect is and how it now threatens the cordial relationship between Nigeria and India.
Now you are supporting Stella Oduah because she is Igbo. I pray something else doesn't happen that will make you say had we known.
I support her by common sense, the propagandists will not cajole me to support the victimization of a performing minister on baseless allegations

1 Like

Re: The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar by ballabriggs: 8:54am On Nov 08, 2013
Does anyone even need to see the HOR committee report to know she will be indicted. Mere listening to her presentation in the house was enough to indict her. In her bid to tell one lie after the other, she kept exposing herself.

In fact, she indicted herself with the nonsense "approved do the needful". What the hell is that? Only the riff-raffs hired by Omokri will defend such a criminal.

Onyeoshi azuruazu.

2 Likes

Re: The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar by Brimmie(m): 8:58am On Nov 08, 2013
OVOKOOOOOO!! grin grin

Serial Liar!? DAYUMMMMMN!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar by bellyjean(m): 9:02am On Nov 08, 2013
Hmmmm, what else can be said about nigeria? Corruption has penetrated deep into our bones, it has permeated every tendon,cartilage.
Corruption has reached its peak in this nation and the only panacea to dis is using some of these corrupt officials as deterrent to others. In other words we need scape goats.
Even though we know say for this country na thief dey beat thief wey dem catch, it will still help in cutting down the long grip corruption has on us. Abi what do u think?
Good people are either scared of involving themselves in politics or they are not given the opportunity to reach dat stage or level where they make decisions that matter in government.
Re: The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 08, 2013
FreeGlobe:
I support her by common sense, the propagandists will not cajole me to support the victimization of a performing minister on baseless allegations
The "performing minister" that does cosmetic renovation of some airports to cover her crime. You may be deceived, but I'm not.
Re: The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar by 10Willywilly: 9:27am On Nov 08, 2013
Yorubas should shut up, all these noise making no dey tire una.
I know that Yorubas want to be Aviation Minister, they are not happy that the seat is not Vacant and no Yoruba is going to be aviation minister again except in Ooduduwa Republic
Re: The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar by danot1030: 9:40am On Nov 08, 2013
wher ar d oduah's relatns in NL, am nt suprise at dis report, criminality runs in their vein, dey ar capabl of anytin. i just wonder y dis reporter still refer 2 her as honourabl minister, i think d right word shuld be DISHONOURABLE MINISTES.
Re: The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar by 10Willywilly: 9:56am On Nov 08, 2013
If Yorubas are serious, let one Yoruba go to 3rd mainland bridge and jump into the river or take petrol and set him/herself ablaze, is then i will know that they are serious with their protest against aviation minister,
Re: The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 08, 2013
Some part of the country would still come here to say its all a lie. Claiming dat Tinubu is a thief, Fani Kayode etc..

But uv forgotten dat if a robber attacks a bank today and escapes, if Anoda set of robbe attacks d following month and are caught, would dey be released cuz the ones dat attacked a month ago was not caught?
Re: The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar by Goldmind1(m): 10:30am On Nov 08, 2013
The same House of Reps that the Speaker (Dimeji Bankole) borrowed N40B and shared it among his fellow leaders are now trying to catch a woman who bought official vehicles worth N255m. What a shame. Remember that those that live in glass houses do not throw stones.
The princess should be allowed to go on with her transformation of our airports.
Nigeria is actually built on falsehood.
Re: The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 08, 2013
PATHOLOGICAL LIAR
Re: The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar by stevecantrell: 11:15am On Nov 08, 2013
I'm just glad I'm not one these ****** ppl :/
Re: The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar by Licensed2Kill(m): 11:20am On Nov 08, 2013
FreeGlobe: Dustbin journalism from mama funke beer parlor
10Willywilly: Yorubas should shut up, all these noise making no dey tire una.
I know that Yorubas want to be Aviation Minister, they are not happy that the seat is not Vacant and no Yoruba is going to be aviation minister again except in Ooduduwa Republic

ABRACADBRA!!!
Sowi, both of u ar still dumb and demented.
Re: The House Of Reps Has Concluded That Mrs. Stella Oduah Is A Serial Liar by Boss13: 11:40am On Nov 08, 2013
I don't understand why people would support Stella oduah. I am very shocked about. Her ethnicity doesn't give her the right to steal or be involved in corruption.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Shameful! A Pakistani Minor Tells GEJ What To Do / First Hint Of 'life After Death' In Biggest Ever Scientific Study / BREAKING NEWS; Nigeria Boko Haram 'truce Agreed'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.