Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

What Is The Problem With This Car Please? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Problem With This Car Please? (2476 Views)

Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) / I Want To Buy This Car Please Advice Me / Do You Know The Status Of Your Car-please Read Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Problem With This Car Please? by Boy2boy: 8:22am On Nov 08, 2013
Make Toyota
Model Corrola XLi
Year 2004
Engine size 1.6L
Mileage 89,436km

The issue is that it jerks whenever I try to move faster irrespective of gear positn (manual). I got it scanned and I obtained the following trouble codes;
P0325
P1300
P1305
P35
P00

P0325 - engine misfire or circuit problem. Probable cause - Bank 1/single sensor) the Knock sensor 1 is faulty and needs to be replaced. There's wiring short/fault in the sensor.
P1300 - igniter circuit malfunctn.
Other codes don't show result. All accordin to wOBD software with ELM327.
All car's gurus in d house should pls help o.
Thanks all.
Re: What Is The Problem With This Car Please? by Boy2boy: 9:11am On Nov 08, 2013
Where are car-doctor, ikenna, siena nd others. Pls help o
Re: What Is The Problem With This Car Please? by elektra80: 11:18am On Nov 08, 2013
P1325, P1300, P1305 has to do with ur ignition system. It can be as simple as changing ur coils or can be very complex as ECU problem. Start with the simple things first. Check ur EFI fuse in ur fuse box. If its check then change ur coils and plugs and see the result.

For 0325, its probably the knock sensor and its usually located under the intake manifold. Get it cleaned first and if the code doesn't go away, then change it. I hope I am able to help
Re: What Is The Problem With This Car Please? by Boy2boy: 12:09pm On Nov 08, 2013
elektra80: P1325, P1300, P1305 has to do with ur ignition system. It can be as simple as changing ur coils or can be very complex as ECU problem. Start with the simple things first. Check ur EFI fuse in ur fuse box. If its check then change ur coils and plugs and see the result.

For 0325, its probably the knock sensor and its usually located under the intake manifold. Get it cleaned first and if the code doesn't go away, then change it. I hope I am able to help

Thanks so much. My headache is dat could d ignition problem be responsible for car jack because my electrician said we've to change fuel filter with fuel pump (fuel injectn problem) but I'll try ur recomendatns and feed you back later. Thanks again
Re: What Is The Problem With This Car Please? by CHEECKENGINE: 4:32pm On Nov 15, 2013
where is ur location?
Re: What Is The Problem With This Car Please? by Boy2boy: 6:40pm On Nov 15, 2013
CHEECK ENGINE: where is ur location?
ibadan bt in abj nw
Re: What Is The Problem With This Car Please? by Boy2boy: 6:41pm On Nov 15, 2013
CHEECK ENGINE: where is ur location?
ibadan bt in abj at d moment
Re: What Is The Problem With This Car Please? by cardoctor(m): 9:02am On Nov 18, 2013
Boy2boy: Make Toyota
Model Corrola XLi
Year 2004
Engine size 1.6L
Mileage 8,943.6km

The issue is that it jerks whenever I try to move faster irrespective of gear positn (manual). I got it scanned and I obtained the following trouble codes;
P0325
P1300
P1305
P35
P00

P0325 - engine misfire or circuit problem. Probable cause - Bank 1/single sensor) the Knock sensor 1 is faulty and needs to be replaced. There's wiring short/fault in the sensor.
Thanks all.

I would advise that you clear these codes first and repeat a drive cycle before carrying out a secondary scan.

if you are in Abuja, bring the car to our workshop and I would scan it and help you out with this issue.

Car-Doctor.
Re: What Is The Problem With This Car Please? by Boy2boy: 11:10pm On Nov 20, 2013
car-doctor:

thanks for ur kindness sir but it's nt with me here. I had to leave it in ib when it developed d fault before I left for abj.
Re: What Is The Problem With This Car Please? by CHEECKENGINE: 1:26pm On Jan 04, 2014
They can send it 2 any of your location jst call 08098700098
Re: What Is The Problem With This Car Please? by heatflux: 8:01pm On Jan 06, 2014
Check your fuel supply systems, I.e. The fuel pump, the fuel line, the injector. There may be insufficient delivery. Or poor Air-fuel ratio. Check the air passage n filter too. Or your fuel may probably be adulterated.
car-doctor:

I would advise that you clear these codes first and repeat a drive cycle before carrying out a secondary scan.
if you are in Abuja, bring the car to our workshop and I would scan it and help you out with this issue.
Car-Doctor.
Re: What Is The Problem With This Car Please? by KA24DETT(m): 1:42am On Jan 08, 2014
With Nigeria, i would say "BAD FUEL or Adulterated fuel". Change the gas station u buy fuel, that knock sensor code is a tell tale sign.
Re: What Is The Problem With This Car Please? by ziccoit: 4:17am On Jan 08, 2014
Boy2boy:
Year 2004

Mileage 8,943.6km

Sorry about your car issues. Btw, your mileage for 10yrs old car is something of concern.
Re: What Is The Problem With This Car Please? by KA24DETT(m): 8:21am On Jan 08, 2014
ziccoit:

Sorry about your car issues. Btw, your mileage for 10yrs old car is something of concern.

That's very low . That's some serious odometer roll back
Re: What Is The Problem With This Car Please? by olamide1: 2:05pm On Oct 12, 2014
Boy2boy:
Make Toyota
Model Corrola XLi
Year 2004
Engine size 1.6L
Mileage 8,943.6km

P0325
P1300
P1305
P35
P00

Thanks all.
nairaland said you were trying to contact me, you can contact me through omotundeluv1@yahoo.com, here is the message

Boy2boy / Nairaland

To
Me

Today at 12:39 AM

Hello olamide1,

Boy2boy would like to send you an email message, but since you're not connected, you'll need to contact Boy2boy by replying this email.

Regards,
Nairaland Team,
For: https://www.nairaland.com/boy2boy
Re: What Is The Problem With This Car Please? by adanny01(m): 12:25am On Oct 13, 2014
Boy2boy:

Thanks so much. My headache is dat could d ignition problem be responsible for car jack because my electrician said we've to change fuel filter with fuel pump (fuel injectn problem) but I'll try ur recomendatns and feed you back later. Thanks again

The ignition problem perfectly fits the description of your jerking. DONT TOUCH THAT FUEL PUMP! The filter can be cleaned for dirt and water.

A good mechanic will first of all pull up the coil packs one by one while engine is running to hear difference in identifying which cylinder isnt burning well. Then remove all the plugs in their order to see the carbon deposit colour. He should be able to identify a difference. If he identifies one, he should swap coil pack with another cylinder and test again if the problem will move to the new cylinder with the moved coil pack. By now a good mechanic will have an idea whats wrong.

If hes not sure, one last test.
Remove all plugs.
Plug them to respective coil packs with harness connected.
Place the plugs in their order making ground contact with engine top.
Disconnect harness of all injectors.
Crank engine while looking at differences in spark and the timing. 1/4 and 2/3 should be the spark timing and should be exact .
Re: What Is The Problem With This Car Please? by Boy2boy: 3:07pm On Oct 14, 2014
adanny01:

The ignition problem perfectly fits the description of your jerking. DONT TOUCH THAT FUEL PUMP! The filter can be cleaned for dirt and water.

A good mechanic will first of all pull up the coil packs one by one while engine is running to hear difference in identifying which cylinder isnt burning well. Then remove all the plugs in their order to see the carbon deposit colour. He should be able to identify a difference. If he identifies one, he should swap coil pack with another cylinder and test again if the problem will move to the new cylinder with the moved coil pack. By now a good mechanic will have an idea whats wrong.

If hes not sure, one last test.
Remove all plugs.
Plug them to respective coil packs with harness connected.
Place the plugs in their order making ground contact with engine top.
Disconnect harness of all injectors.
Crank engine while looking at differences in spark and the timing. 1/4 and 2/3 should be the spark timing and should be exact .
sorry for not updatin all this while. It has been fixed since last year. The problm was due to bad fuel nd clogged fuel filter. We have the tank removed and cleaned as well as fuel filter. Nozzles were also serviced. Thanks all.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mazda Or Toyota / . / HYBRID CARS - Toyotas. Are These Cars Normal To Drive And Maintain.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.