Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

ASUU Strike Latest: Honest Ways Nigerian Students Can Make Money While It Lasts - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike Latest: Honest Ways Nigerian Students Can Make Money While It Lasts (730 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike / Aasu Call Off Strike Latest News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike Latest: Honest Ways Nigerian Students Can Make Money While It Lasts by CompuEsther: 10:36am On Nov 08, 2013
It is said that an idle mind is the devils work shop. The lingering strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) is no doubt bad news always. It is undermining the future of our country not only by denying our young people their right to education and self actualization, but also by tempting them towards making wrong use of their young blood. So, below are my suggestions of how Nigerian students can keep busy earning a living legitimately with the opportunity instead of getting involved in crimes and risking police arrest and even endangering their own life.

1. Take advantage of online opportunities. You can see my recent thread detailing on this and people's testimonials about it here: https://www.nairaland.com/1499756/thank-nairaland-how-made-n48300

2. Conduct lessons. Conducting lessons will serve a triple purpose. First, it will earn you money. Two, it will keep your brain alert even if you are not attending lectures. Three, it will be an opportunity to repair indirectly what ASUU is destroying directly: since the strike is denying you the opportunity to add more to your own knowledge (that is, power), you can use it as an opportunity to add to the younger ones and by so doing, you are rescuing parts of the collective future ASUU is destroying.

3. Write a book. If you had been using the opportunity to put something you know into writing, it should have become an enviable book by now. This will earn you, not only money, but also fame and respect. Is Chimamanda Adichie not a young Nigerian like you?

4. Write blog posts: Just go to www.blogger.com and start making posts that 'd be useful to someone out there. This might take time before it begins to yield good money, but it's better than nothing at least.

I will add more as I get them. So, you can follow this post to keep getting more. Thank you.
Re: ASUU Strike Latest: Honest Ways Nigerian Students Can Make Money While It Lasts by donphilopus: 10:46am On Nov 08, 2013
When people are praying that the Strike should be called off latest next week, you're here saying while it lasts!!!

SMH
Re: ASUU Strike Latest: Honest Ways Nigerian Students Can Make Money While It Lasts by CompuEsther: 12:04pm On Nov 08, 2013
donphilopus: When people are praying that the Strike should be called off latest next week, you're here saying while it lasts!!!

SMH

Just to correct an impression. I'm not wishing that the strike continues. After all, what do I stand to gain if it does? I'm also praying perhaps more than you are doing, that the strike ends soonest. But, we all know our country. While you pray, you should also be realistic or you might be risking HBP. Moreover, my suggestions above don't have to be relevant only during strikes. Thank you.
Re: ASUU Strike Latest: Honest Ways Nigerian Students Can Make Money While It Lasts by donphilopus: 12:06pm On Nov 08, 2013
CompuEsther:

Just to correct an impression. I'm not wishing that the strike continues. After all, what do I stand to gain if it does. I'm also praying perhaps more than you are doing, that the strike ends soonest. But, we all know our country. While you pray, you should also be realistic or you might be risking HBP. Moreover, my suggestions above don't have to be relevant only during strikes. Thank you.
Gat you
Re: ASUU Strike Latest: Honest Ways Nigerian Students Can Make Money While It Lasts by CompuEsther: 12:12pm On Nov 08, 2013
donphilopus: Gat you

Man! You're a true NLer. See how you're following me bumper to fender!
Re: ASUU Strike Latest: Honest Ways Nigerian Students Can Make Money While It Lasts by donphilopus: 12:40pm On Nov 08, 2013
CompuEsther:

Man! You're a true NLer. See how you're following me bumper to fender!
grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

5 Powerful Exercises To Improve Your Mental Strength / Professor Says What Can Affect Jonathan's Bid For Re-election / Business Analyst Online Training In INDIA | Business Analysis Online Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.