Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,469 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? (8864 Views)

Proudly Nigerian: 15 Year Old Nigerian Makes History In The US / SAD: Nigerian Student Slumped And Died During Football Match - Photo / 73 Dead As Violence During Football Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 08, 2013
Apart from football tournaments, when last did you use the phrase, proudly Nigerian? I can't remember mine undecided
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by airclipse(m): 7:32pm On Nov 08, 2013
I also say PROUDLY NIGERIAN Wen a nigerian musician collaborates WiтЂ an international act.... cool ..... *Modified*OMG I'm тнє first тσ comment..wЂσ says hard work n dedication doesn't pay?? U better av a rethinkangry angry....I'm so happy right nσω cheesy grin smiley wink.... So b4 I forget....Bleep all the guest viewing this thread I dare u тσ register n reply me....#fucktards...angryangryangry

6 Likes

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 08, 2013
airclipse: I also say PROUDLY NIGERIAN Wen a nigerian musician collaborates WiтЂ an international act.... cool
Just like D'bang says "yea man" in Kanye West's songs abi undecided

3 Likes

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Acidosis(m): 7:41pm On Nov 08, 2013
The boys would earn their money and continue with their lives..

..and then on monday, Nigerian graduates will occupy the streets with CVs searching for jobs..

A full grown family man (Degree holder) with kids will also continue with his Okada riding business..

Meanwhile, achievements like this is meant to ease the frustrations temporarily.. cool
Frustrations continue on Monday.

For now, let the people keep smiling smiley

19 Likes

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by airclipse(m): 7:44pm On Nov 08, 2013
Idi Amin: Just like D'bang says "yea man" in Kanye West's songs abi undecided
was dat supposed тσ be funny? Cuz I dnt get...

3 Likes

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by UyiIredia(m): 7:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
Acidosis: The boys would earn their money and continue with their lives..

..and then on monday, Nigerian graduates will occupy the streets with CVs searching for jobs..

A full grown family man (Degree holder) with kids will also continue with his Okada riding business..

Meanwhile, achievements like this is meant to ease the frustrations temporarily.. cool

Nigerians and Africans can't continue to live like this. I would trade winning world cups for excellent governance in the country anyday, anytime.

18 Likes

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by jmoore(m): 8:52pm On Nov 08, 2013
I am proud to be a Nigerian no matter the situation.

7 Likes

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Infomizer(m): 8:53pm On Nov 08, 2013

Uyi Iredia:

Nigerians and Africans can't continue to live like this. I would trade winning world cups for excellent governance in the country anyday, anytime.

Well said peeps! Thoughtful!!
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by lertee(f): 8:56pm On Nov 08, 2013

This is a funny truth. grin
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by UyiIredia(m): 10:29pm On Nov 08, 2013
^^^Samegoes for your siggy grin
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by fingard02k(m): 10:13am On Nov 09, 2013
ok
Mods please make my day by moving this thread to frontpage https://www.nairaland.com/1510817/today-birthday-please-wish-me
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 09, 2013
man caught with dead baby brutally beaten By P.guyokec:
pictures but it's
larger than 200kb
to see the high quality pictures click here
source:naijauncut.com/2013/11/08/busted-
kidnapper-caught-with-a-dead-child-inside-
his-luggage-graphic-photos-video/#more-32973
The way Nigerians are going with kidnapping,
killing, rituals e.t.c is alarming. The man
being
beaten by the angry mob in the pictures was
caught with a dead child hidden inside the
luggage he was carrying. It’s unclear where it
happened in Nigeria but thanks to the
soldiers
who were present at the scene, the man was
not
burnt to death by the mob.
Parents, plz watch out for your kids and be
very
careful who you leave them with.
See more of the pix after the cut:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hLqyBts3r4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

1 Like

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 09, 2013
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by MillionDollars: 10:16am On Nov 09, 2013
i'm also proudly NIGERIAN when we are recognised WORLDWIDE
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by AMAKAVIOLA: 10:17am On Nov 09, 2013

1 Like

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by IAMBREEZY: 10:17am On Nov 09, 2013
ALWAYS
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Dannylux: 10:18am On Nov 09, 2013
I automatically become proudly Nigerian when someone from another country is bashing Nigerians. undecided

12 Likes

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by harjala(m): 10:19am On Nov 09, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Like Seriously.... The Euphoria of the Celebrations even got me wondering yesterday sef
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Pedagogue: 10:20am On Nov 09, 2013
Good question!

Apart from football tournaments, is there any other reason to say Proudly Nigerian?

How can someone that his/her school has been under lock and key for months say Proudly Nigerian?
How can ppl that daily read of boko haram killings say they are Proud to be Nigerians?
How can ppl that daily read about corruption and the flamboyant lifestyles of their leaders say they Are proud to be Nigerians?
How can Hundreds of jobless nairalanders say 'proudly nigerian' ?

Op, I can go on and on! The truth is, I've only said 'proudly Nigerian' 6 times- and they were during/after football tourneys.

We should not deceive ourselves, the Word 'NIGERIA' is a substitutable word for corruption,fraud and religious crisis.

But on the contrary, our so called leaders probaly say PROUDLY NIGERIAN when they share / steal our money...!!!

* Apart from the gloom picture painted above, I foresee a Nigeria where Nigerians would be proud of their country. Only God knws how and when this would happen

7 Likes

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 09, 2013
jmoore: I am proud to be a Nigerian no matter the situation.

If you are "proud to be a Nigerian" so to speak, you will condemn bad governance, corrupt politicians, and those that loot public funds.

its not a matter of being proud to be a nigerian as at the end of the day, you begin to apear foolish.

What you do not realise is most nigerians that condemn these acts are more patriotic than you are!!
We hold our convictions to the Nigerian constitution and give out positive criticism so things would change, and POOR nigerians can live comfortably..

Dont sit down in your rooom screamming you are proud for nothing...you are just either d.umb, or you choose to dwell in your self imposed blindness.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by shegzy23: 10:20am On Nov 09, 2013
best under 17 in the world

2 Likes

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by RealAlfranco: 10:21am On Nov 09, 2013
I'm a Proud Nigerian thru and thru!!! We are not a perfect perfect bunch of humans,no one is actually!!! I LOVE this country,football or no football!!!

2 Likes

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by musaajebor(m): 10:22am On Nov 09, 2013
The only greatest achievement of the gej regime so far is the national teams success.
Am proud to b 9jaman.
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by lilslick(m): 10:22am On Nov 09, 2013
Gan say dah d day $1 = #1 grin
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Seequadry(m): 10:23am On Nov 09, 2013
Wella!!! Buh only wen am n ghana
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by greall1: 10:23am On Nov 09, 2013

1 Like

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 09, 2013
Real_Alfranco: I'm a Proud Nigerian thru and thru!!! We are not a perfect perfect bunch of humans,no one is actually!!! I LOVE this country,football or no football!!!

its not a matter of being perfect or not, the problems with Nigeria are Made in Nigeria, they are not imported.

They can be fixed...dont be proud until things start working for good
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Danhumprey: 10:23am On Nov 09, 2013
Yes ooo! Most especially when watching Nigeria play soccer,though at time person fit get hypertension when the match is going haywire. embarassed
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by dridowu: 10:23am On Nov 09, 2013
Am i proud to be a Nigeria ? Cant say
Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 09, 2013
That's what it feels like with some people. I don't notice this kind of patriotism on Independence Day sef. On October 1, people are busy cursing the country and saying that Nigeria has done nothing for them. However, yesterday, and after the AFCON win (after Nigerians were against them from the group stages), people have brushed dust from their flags and waves them high again. I'd like to think Nigeria has more than football to be grateful for.

Anyway, my patriotism is never turned off. There's no such thing as a perfect nation. So, through thick and thin, I'm always a proud Nigerian.

12 Likes

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by Freiburger(m): 10:26am On Nov 09, 2013
airclipse: I also say PROUDLY NIGERIAN Wen a nigerian musician collaborates WiтЂ an international act.... cool
plus 10likes smiley

2 Likes

Re: Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? by dryakson(m): 10:26am On Nov 09, 2013
Proudly Nigerian...... Nigerian emerged overall best in some universities abroad
Proudly Nigerian... Nigerian emerged the best Islamic beauty contest in the world
Proudly Nigerian.... Nigeria is the 2 must corrupt country in the world
Proudly Nigerian... Third mainland bridge is the longest brigde in Africa
..... Many many many many....
Proudly Nigerian

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Participates At Joint ECOWAS-ECCAS Heads Of State & Govt Summit In Togo / Yinka Oyebode: Fayemi Still In APC Presidential Race / 12 Killed In Fresh Attacks In Plateau State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.