Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Letter To My Friend, Our President BY CHRIS EKPENYONG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter To My Friend, Our President BY CHRIS EKPENYONG (746 Views)

Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) / Leo Ekpenyong Who Accused Akpabio Of Corruption Charged With Defamation / Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To My Friend, Our President BY CHRIS EKPENYONG by Abagworo(m): 11:32am On Nov 09, 2013
I actually got the inspiration to write this letter after a horrifying, terrifying, petrifying and frightening experience on a trip to and fro Calabar, from my Uyo base, on Saturday, 26th October, 2013. As I stayed over four hours at the same spot on the completely broken down road, all my mind went to was 2015 and the politics of your re-election. I am one of those who think you have a constitutional right to a second term in office. I also think, as a South-South elder, that you stand at a better chance and position to fly the flag of the region in the coming battle that may see us at loggerhead with our other brothers.

What I do not, however, want is to be sentimental and emotional in my support for you. I want to campaign for you with my head high and my hearts deep.

How do I do this when I pass through that road and realize we have a brother as a President? How do I do this when all through our region our roads are daily becoming killing fields for our people? How do I do this when the construction of the East West road is still moving at snail speed? How do I do this when the Aba-Ikot Ekpene-Calabar road; the Umuahia-Ikot Ekpene road; the Calabar-Ogoja-Katsina-Ala road and other roads in my vicinity are begging for attention?

I want the South-South to have a reason to support and market you to Nigerians. I know that a lot of our elders and top political office holders have told you that things are okay and that 2015 will be a pass over. They are not sincere with you. If you take a tour of the South-South region, on road, you will be amazed and shocked at the state of things and the state of the majority of our people. I have spoken with fellow Elders and other compatriots and they have told me what they won’t tell you:

Please, my friend and brother, break loose, go round, sample opinions and let us gain from your presidency. The remaining one year is still enough to achieve this. After achieving this, please go back and sleep. 2015 will be yours for the asking.

Ekpenyong, an engineer, is a former deputy governor of Akwa Ibom State

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/opinion/2015-letter-friend-president/
Re: Letter To My Friend, Our President BY CHRIS EKPENYONG by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 09, 2013
And what were your achievements during your time?
Re: Letter To My Friend, Our President BY CHRIS EKPENYONG by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 09, 2013
Fantastic article and free minded advise to a friend! But will the person advised take heed?

Hmmm!
Re: Letter To My Friend, Our President BY CHRIS EKPENYONG by aj1802001: 5:49am On Nov 10, 2013
Pls let engr ekpeyoung give an account of his stewardship as deputy governor under Victor attah. He should count how many roads he tarred as well as infrastructure he brought to ikot ekpene senatorial district during his tenure. Now he has a conscience? Old wine trying to recycle itself for relevance.
Re: Letter To My Friend, Our President BY CHRIS EKPENYONG by obyrich(m): 7:25am On Nov 10, 2013
Good advice. I voted GEJ in 2011. However, I will not vote him if Aba-Ikot ekpene road is not dualised as he promised. That's my decision.
Re: Letter To My Friend, Our President BY CHRIS EKPENYONG by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 10, 2013
Attention seeker.

(1) (Reply)

INEC,PDP Plotting To Rig Anambra Governorship Poll- APC / How Ex-ASUU Boss, Iyayi, Died –doctor / Picture Of Nigeria Soldiers Send To Stop Apc Protest At Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.