Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Dstv To Open Premium Channels Free For One Week In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dstv To Open Premium Channels Free For One Week In Nigeria (3065 Views)

Consumer Protection Council Orders Dstv To Compensate Consumers / Visa To Kenya Now Free For Nigerian Businessmen - Vivian Gist / Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dstv To Open Premium Channels Free For One Week In Nigeria by ambrosini593(m): 7:02am On Nov 10, 2013
DStv has announced that it will open some of its Premium channels, at no extra charge to non-premium subscribers starting from Monday 11th November to Sunday 17th November 2013.

From DStv Access through to DStv Compact Plus subscribers, will get a taste of the best in sensational sports, hit music, entertaining kiddie’s shows, intriguing documentaries and original homegrown content.

On Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th November, DStv Family, Compact and Compact Plus subscribers will also have exclusive access to all the M-Net channels where viewers will get a preview of the latest in world-class movies, series, reality and sought after talk shows.

According to Segun Fayose, head of public relations of MultiChoice Nigeria, the DStv premium week will be filled with leading content from channels on DStv, such as AfricaMagic Entertainment, SuperSport, Comedy Central, Animal Planet, BBC Knowledge,BBC Lifestyle,Cbeebies, Crime and Investigation, Discovery channel,Travel Channel, Fox Entertainment, History Channel, MTV Base, MTV and Sky News.

Highlights of programming during the premium week would include sporting action on the SuperSport channels where the lineup includes the FIFA World Cup Qualifiers featuring games such as Ukraine vs France, Nigeria vs Ethiopia, Cameroon vs Tunisia and Senegal vs Ivory Coast. There would also be action from the golf course at the PGA Tour OHL Classic at Mayakoba as well as high-speed and octane at the United States Grand Prix Main Race.

Access to some of the biggest sport stars in STA.RATED!on TraceSport Stars. Some comic relief can also be expected on Comedy Central in the popular Saturday Night Live Season 39, and The Daily Show.

Wolly and Tig on Cbeebies, some mystery solving in Scooby Doo & Alien Invaders on Boomerang and Mickey Mouse short films on the Disney Channel and many other Interactive entertainment would be available for young viewers.

During the week, viewers can also look out to see Africa’s Next Top Model, hosted by Africa’s supermodel Oluchi Orlandi, lifestyle and entertainment news on StarGist, drama series Tenant and Kona on AfricaMagic channels.

DStv Mobile viewers will also have access to SuperSport 3N and Africa Magic Entertainment, SuperSport 3A and Africa Magic Entertainment, SuperSport 1, 2 and 3A; and SuperSport 1, 2 and the Discovery Channel, depending on their location, whether Nigeria, Uganda, Ghana, Kenya or Namibia.

Viewers will end the week off with premium magical entertainment from theM-Net channels, with M-Net at the forefront in offering the best and latest world class shows. There are also great back-to-back shows on the trio of series channels, M-Net Series Showcase, M-Net Series Reality and M-Net Series Zone.

Additionally, the family will have a movie for every mood from the 8 M-Net movie channels currently on DStv, such as M-Net Movies Premiere, M-Net Movies Comedy, M-Net Movies Family,M-Net Movies Action, M-Net Movies Action+, M-Net Movies Drama & Romance, M-Net Movies Showcase and M-Net Movies Stars.
www.flairng.com/new/dstv-to-open-premium-channels-free-for-one-week/
Re: Dstv To Open Premium Channels Free For One Week In Nigeria by sylvar02(m): 7:10am On Nov 10, 2013
That will be nice
Re: Dstv To Open Premium Channels Free For One Week In Nigeria by kings009(m): 7:22am On Nov 10, 2013
Will that make people to upgrade to premium after a taste of what it looks like?
Re: Dstv To Open Premium Channels Free For One Week In Nigeria by Sparkle777(f): 8:07am On Nov 10, 2013
My subsription has long expired. Can I still partake.?
Re: Dstv To Open Premium Channels Free For One Week In Nigeria by jjagz: 9:02am On Nov 10, 2013
Na wa o! I for say. Yesterday it seems they opened it in error or something. I watched all the premium channels even on Access. Good thing tho. But all na marketing by temptation strategy.

NB: Mods frontpage abeg. Share the good news.
Re: Dstv To Open Premium Channels Free For One Week In Nigeria by anselm791(m): 9:35am On Nov 10, 2013
Sparkle777: My subsription has long expired. Can I still partake.?
So has mine for 2 weeks now, then yesterday all our channels were opened, come see celebration for house!
Woke up this morning to see everything gone again.
Re: Dstv To Open Premium Channels Free For One Week In Nigeria by oshie(m): 3:20pm On Nov 10, 2013
their tariff is on the high side
they don milk naija tire
Re: Dstv To Open Premium Channels Free For One Week In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 10, 2013
We have paid for it since the beginning of the year and should not be treated as if it is a largesse.

All this capitalist sef., when they negotiated low for contents and give us repetitive movies and soaps, we still paid huge subscriptions to watch. In my opinion, this is not free.

(1) (Reply)

Global Coffee Exports Reach New Record Level In 2016/17 / Complete Aso Oke For Rent @ Just 7k / ✈✳✅Top Quality Laptops Newly Updated Lists In Stock " Check List "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.