Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,676 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Sermon Research - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sermon Research (538 Views)

10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon / SERMON Jotters:candidates Of Deep Deliverance. PMCH-APRIL,2015-D.K Olukoya / Sunday Sermon: Do You Truly Love God? (1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sermon Research by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 10, 2013
I woke up this morning, and something dropped on my mind, and my mind kept kicking me. The thought just came to me about sermons; sermons that I have witnessed at church this year on Sundays. Something kept telling me if I know the number of sermons that have revolved solely on "bring money", "bring money"; or sermons on prosperity, if this will better drive down the message. And sermons that have to do with salvation, love, holiness etc. My mind kept telling that if I had bothered to initiate a research into this topic since January of this year, I would have been able to discover that the money doubling sermons surpass other kinds of sermons at church. That I would have known by now that even though the sermons that have to do with money are just under one subject (money), it might conveniently account for more that 60 per cent of the whole sermons at church this year, and I might not be surprised.

Now, I have decided to do a research on this topic before this year runs out, in order to ascertain whether my mind has deceived me this morning, even though I can categorically say my mind is right, with the obvious lack of data. But I love data anyway in order to prove there are significant differences in the number of times these sermons were preached at church, and to further prove that their is a significant higher number of times money sermon is preached at church.

Surely, statistically, I may not be able to prove these, for I have a limited time to generate these data, and only limited data can be generated, and not fit for analysis, but just to know which sermon has a simple higher number of time of being preached, would do the magic.

I love whoever wants to join me in this topic, at his/her own church to do same and compare.

This is not a thread to insult anybody, but just to show how money has now become the single most important thing in our churches today. Now I am preparing to go to church this morning, and guess what? I have the idea of what the sermon is going to be. You know why? Because I have been listening to same thing for a very long time now, and it is getting boring.

Now, go research and come January, post your findings here or create threads to post your findings. Still, you might ignore this, after all, God has become a money doubler to some of us, as we bring He doublet.

My sermon to ASUU; please stop giving Jonathan a run for his money, after all he is trying to meet you half way, try to bend a little now for the sake of the students. And try as much as possible to ignore Senator Mark. Why? A visit to his state would reveal why he has the opportunity to be in the senate for eternity and he would fight dirty to retain the status quo, as long as you make them all illiterates, how could they ever demand for their rights.

Happy Sunday to all.

Good morning!
Re: Sermon Research by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
Now, the sermon at church yesterday was not about money. I was very surprised though. The sermon was about living the life of a godly woman, as yesterday was women harvest day. So this is 0:1

(1) (Reply)

Please Read This / Was Jesus Actually Born On The 25th Of December? / "The Dead Become Alive..."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.