Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv (3505 Views)

What Is This Baby Doing In This Picture? Has To Be Seen To Be Believed. / Things You Believed To Be True When You Where Little!! / Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by moladun(f): 3:24am On Jun 13, 2006
so wats are the taboos u believed wen u are growed olders, i am think each dialect have their owns taboos
wen i am young my grandma always tolding me not to swept after six pm
she aslo say i shuld not whistling in the night cos it can broughting snakes to the house
i also believe if u are wanting to curse someone , u shuld stooded nude and climb on a mortar and curse the person
dont sleept with ur legs up, you are a witch
dont get nude in fronts of peoples, they can cursed you
dont used ur hand to collect rains water, i did not knowing whys
dont slept with yoour stomach downs
if you are preganants, dont passes in between twos peoples, ur shildrenses would be ugly like ones of thems
dont used a brooms to beated a boys, his dicks would becames small, lol
many mores,
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by ikamefa(f): 3:34am On Jun 13, 2006
moladun  mo n gbadun e! grin

here are some of the taboos i remember: if u are pregnant don't go out in the afternoon 12-1 pm so bad spirits won't enter your tummy!
don't cross over a pregnant womans legs if she is sitting down so she would not give birth to a child looking like u
when it rains and there is a terrible thunder and lightning  always whistle and don;t go near a door or window
don;t eat boiled beans made with palm oil in the night so u won.t have nightmares

these are the ones i can remember for now!
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by edygirl(f): 3:57am On Jun 13, 2006
How about these ones:
                                 Don't cross over somebody or jump over sb otherwise the person will be short when he/she is grown.

Don't  annoy your grandma otherwise if she curses you, you won't be able to make a poop even when the poop wants to come out. This one in particular scared me a lotwhen I was a kid.
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by moladun(f): 5:34am On Jun 13, 2006
hahahaha, these is funnys o, i aved never hear of that ones o, lol, lets waiting for more
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by mamaput(f): 6:34am On Jun 13, 2006
Don't bend down and look between your legs in the market, you will see ghost walking with their feet in the air.
Do not sleep with legs crossed you will not be able to run in your sleep and evil spirit will catch you.

Our people do not eat snail and cocoyam our nose will fall off
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by moladun(f): 6:53am On Jun 13, 2006
mamaputs that ones that u shuld not slept wiv your legs crossing, in our place it are means u are a witches

then do not slept opposite side by side wid someone.
dont called apersons name at night, one of my friends, his mum used to call her "o" in the nights, cos if the winches hearing ur names they are use u for dinner, lol
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by mamaput(f): 7:00am On Jun 13, 2006
your people get too much winch .
my mum and dad always said rubbish to all these things .
But i belived in bush baby and mamiwater
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by moladun(f): 7:21am On Jun 13, 2006
bush baby are a animal i think
mami water, i believe that ones o, lol, but are they reals
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by chy(f): 9:35am On Jun 13, 2006
. Dont cross over someone that is lying down
. if you are girl your legs must be tightly closed while sitting down
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by Rhodalyn(f): 9:39am On Jun 13, 2006
and what the fxxking hell Is ma name doing in that post?? angry
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by GUNNER(f): 10:15am On Jun 13, 2006
if someone asked u for the time NEVER answer cuz

u may be turned to a goat or something and used 4 rituals
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by 2cantango(f): 10:35am On Jun 13, 2006
Rhodalyn:

and what the fxxking hell Is ma name doing in that post?? angry

Obviously someone thinks they're a smart a$$ baby girl - just ignore the simpleton wink
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by DaHitler(m): 10:40am On Jun 13, 2006
moladun, you are my God! cheesy
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by Rhodalyn(f): 10:43am On Jun 13, 2006
@baby girl cheesy kiss

U're right baby girl wink kiss two Can play that game innit?? wink kiss kiss

@Afeni tongue not that i give a fxxk!
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by Rhodalyn(f): 10:48am On Jun 13, 2006
Oh i think i know why haha!! grin She's asking me to Shut-up in Advance Cuz she knows im gonna Come to her damn bloody thread and tell her a piece of ma mind grin

but Sincerely speaking moladurupiggy, i wouldnt have come on this thread If i hadnt seen ma name, threads like this aint ma style besides i dont even know any taboos!!!

but now that U Called ma name, i Guess i might as well hang around grin
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by mukina2: 10:50am On Jun 13, 2006
Afeni stop blasphemin here shocked shocked shocked tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by DaHitler(m): 10:51am On Jun 13, 2006
Rhodalyn, you are just getting what she meant now?

God, I knew you were slow, but this is ridiculous. tongue

I am going to bed, Rhodalyn, so you just have to keep yourself busy till I come back on line. Bah bye cheesy
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by DaHitler(m): 10:51am On Jun 13, 2006
mukina2, like I said before, moladun is my God. Deal with it! cool
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by Rhodalyn(f): 11:26am On Jun 13, 2006
Rhodalyn, you are just getting what she meant now?

God, I knew you were slow, but this is ridiculous. tongue

GUsh!!! cheesy cheesy U always make me laugh ma @$$!! off Afeni cheesy cheesy i just Cant help but love U kiss

I am going to bed, Rhodalyn, so you just have to keep yourself busy till I come back on line. Bah bye

sad Awwwwwww baby gurl is Gone too and She didnt even tell me sad cry
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by 2cantango(f): 11:37am On Jun 13, 2006
Rhodalyn:

sad Awwwwwww baby girl is Gone too and She didnt even tell me sad cry

Awwwww baby girl, I didn't go offline cheesy I didn't even sign out cheesy

I had to dash up to the corner store before they closed, sorry I didn't tell ya I'd be gone for a few minutes embarassed

It's so damn cold and dark outside, I had to be quick before the freaks came out to play angry

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by Rhodalyn(f): 12:35pm On Jun 13, 2006
before the freaks came out to play angry

Lmao baby gurl cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

it's alright, I Understand kiss kiss
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by PLAYBOY3(m): 6:31pm On Jun 13, 2006
@ Moladun

is that how u talk 4 real. . .or u r just playing ?
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by eveseh(f): 7:20pm On Jun 13, 2006
lol funny stuff
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by moladun(f): 8:09pm On Jun 13, 2006
play boy, yesed
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by edygirl(f): 8:24pm On Jun 13, 2006
@mamput,
I guess you were right when you said don't cross ur legs while sleeping. I have experienced that a lot .Each time I sleep with ma legs crossed I always have terrible nightmares,I won't be able to run and all that and on the process of me being getting caught by whatever somebody always wakes me up.It's true ----has happened not once not twice to me.
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by moladun(f): 8:28pm On Jun 13, 2006
edys gul, i am not believed in all those ones o,
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by BigShishi(m): 9:01pm On Jun 13, 2006
they told me not to pump white gurls dat my manliness will fall off, it was a damn lie y'all grin
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by mamaput(f): 9:09pm On Jun 13, 2006
Well till today i do not sleep with legs crossed.
i used to have bad dreams and i kept falling and could not run,
And in Nigeria i did not sleep on my back because sometimes it was like something was sitting on me and paralyzing me.so i could not move or shout.
Then i used to bring the dog to sleep near my bed and it stopped.
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by edygirl(f): 10:01pm On Jun 13, 2006
@mamaput,
My gosh, it happened to you too I mean the sleeping on your back thing. Mine just stopped about a year ago. I had just came back from school one day and decided to have a rest and I was on ma back. I t was so scary ,I mean nobody could set me free and I felt so powerless, tried calling Jesus but ma mouth wouldn't let me. I couldn't talk, move ma body, do anything until later I was so lucky to call the name Jesus and the thing left me but still I couldn't see it as Iwas trying to open ma eyes until the thing left. I am a very strong girl and I hate being overpowered by anything or anybody, so that day I got up so annoyed, I left ma room and came to my living room just trying to chase the thing and I was cursing the thing in Jesus' name and I asked the thing whatever or whoever it was not to ever come to me again and I told the thing that I reject it and Inever wanted it in my life and I was cursing and at the same time crying and calling it a coward for it didn't let me see it until it left my room It was so serious that I prayed the whole of that day and fasted over it and since then it doesn't come again even when I sleep on my back.
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by mamaput(f): 7:11am On Jun 14, 2006
3 or 4 times it also happened to my sisters
when my sister told my dad he felt she was just hysterical.
But my sisters and i believe that some evil spirit was at work in that house.
Because it only happened in that house.
My Mum fell sick in that house and never recovered.
my brother never slept in that house he was the boysquater generation and left for europe shotly after we packed into that house.
Only my dad had nothing in that house.
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by chy(f): 10:00am On Jun 14, 2006
WE were told not to whistle in the night or u invite ghost of the nite
Dont sweep at night or u will sweep out all ur wealth
Dont say goodbye at night instead gud nite
Re: Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv by LiquidMind(m): 10:34am On Jun 14, 2006
@mamaput
@edygirl

I have experience it once in my life
Then i was told by people who have been experiencing its a lot
That it was a witchcraft spirit from someone around trying to suck blood from there victims by pressing them spiritually. I was really chock.

Then i stop sleeping on that same position & bed in the house and it stop.

I think prayer and fasting is the best solution to such attacks,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your 2011 Hero And Villain. / Clock Ticking Fast For Lazarus Angbazo Of General Electric As His Sex Scandal Ge / Where To Buy Potash Or Lye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.