Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? (26981 Views)

Here Are Some silly Questions People Ask / Things You Believed To Be True When You Where Little!! / Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by UjSizzle(f): 12:05pm On Sep 06, 2013
I remember watching Bill Cosby's 'Kids Say', and it occurred to me how as kids we had some real weird imaginations, had silly things we believed or just swallowed the lies our parents and elder kids told us hook line and sinker; ofcourse until aftersometime in our adult life we realized we'd been real silly grin

Here are a list of things I thought and believed...
You can add yours too tongue

*I believed in the Tooth fairy(courtesy of cartoons), only ish was in Nigeria our tooth fairies were actually rats. Mum would tell me to keep my tooth safe after it'd fallen off or the rats would eat it and i'll have rat teeth cry. I guarded my tooth with my life.

*I always wondered how Santa would drop me gifts since we didn't have a chimney. I bothered dad so much about adding a chimney to the roof for Santa n begged him to buy a Christmas tree too. I got the tree but not the chimney, and I never saw Santa.

*Everytime I saw Always sanitary pad advert, i'd ask mum why they poured that blue liquid on it. When I saw her own pad I was so excited, I spent over a week searching for where she hid the blue liquid. I got a lashing for all my troubles undecided

*My dad is dark and mum fair. I have two fair siblings, while my bro n I are dark skinned. I concluded dad birthed us and mum had the other two.

*When I finally discovered only women had kids, I kept wondering why we were dark. My little mind concluded the doctors colored us whichever way our parents wanted. I was gonna have red babies like the red Indians cool

*When I was 6, my classmate told me we could turn cabin biscuit to chocolate by frying. I got home and emptied half a pack of cabin in the pan--all I got was charred biscuit afterwards. I still believed I had done it wrong till I turned 10..before I finally realized that cabins weren't chocolates grin

*After a bout of chicken pox, I refused to eat chicken for the next 5yrs...my parents had to convince me I hadn't contracted it from an actual chicken tongue

*I believed covering my head with a blanket would keep the monsters away embarassed

*Things acted in Sci Fi movies were real. I wondered why our car couldn't fly.

*Whenever I swallowed an orange seed, i'd go to sleep really scared wondering when the tree would grow outta my belly.

*If u stood up while eating all the food would settle on your feet.

*Food sacrifices left in the center of a 3-way junction were taken away by real spirits grin

59 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 06, 2013
1. Never spit on the floor cos if you do and someone steps on it, it takes away your voice grin grin
2. Never rule a line in the sand cos if an ant passes thru it, it blinds your moma... undecided undecided

9 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by kennybelle: 12:46pm On Sep 06, 2013
.Fishes fall from the sky wenever it rains
. Scared of darkness for fear of seeing ojuju
. Eat spaghetti n excrete worms (hardly ate it wen i was a kid)

8 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by RINE1: 12:55pm On Sep 06, 2013
Drinking coconut water as a pupil would make one dull.

23 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by ITbomb(m): 1:17pm On Sep 06, 2013
I believed that the first woman was born with a dick but because of disobedience , God cut it off. They later warn me that if I let any girl outside my family members see my dick, it will disappear and I will become a girl.
I kept to that warning diligently untill . . .
. . . . Rose, our househelp came.

50 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by UjSizzle(f): 1:18pm On Sep 06, 2013
ITbomb: I believe that the first woman was born with a dick but because of disobedience , God cut it off. They later warn me that if I let any girl outside my family members see my dick, it will disappear and I will become a girl.
grin grin badt pikin

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 06, 2013
ITbomb: I believe that the first woman was born with a dick but because of disobedience , God cut it off. They later warn me that if I let any girl outside my family members see my dick, it will disappear and I will become a girl.

Hahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Freiburger(m): 1:59pm On Sep 06, 2013
Always thought the father Christmas came from New zealand grin
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by UjSizzle(f): 2:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
Freiburger: Always thought the father Christmas came from New zealand grin
you kidding me? I thought he was from Ireland undecided

2 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Mynd44: 2:02pm On Sep 06, 2013
Interesting
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by homesteady(m): 2:29pm On Sep 06, 2013
-I believed that if someone should cross my legs, my children will resemble the person that crossed my legs! grin
-I believed that if I draw lines on the floor with a stick, a snake will follow the line and come to my house.
-I believed that there was one woman pounding yam inside the moon

19 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by homesteady(m): 2:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
I believed that if I swallow any fruit seed, the fruit tree will grow in my stomach gringrin

5 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by AbuMikey(m): 2:36pm On Sep 06, 2013
Mehn,a lotta them!!
Can't start typing now undecided
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Afam4eva(m): 2:55pm On Sep 06, 2013
That Nigeria lost 99-0 to India

Don't allow someone to cross you else you'll not grow tall.

Lady koi koi and Bush baby

38 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Freiburger(m): 3:07pm On Sep 06, 2013
Afam4eva:

Don't allow someone to cross you else you'll not grow tall.

This reminds me of the another illusion that when two people are walking towards you from an opposite direction, you should avoid passing through the middle of them, else you pick up their ailment immediately. grin
Kinda superstitcious. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by UjSizzle(f): 3:24pm On Sep 06, 2013
Afam4eva: That Nigeria lost 99-0 to India

I still think this is true shocked dang!

3 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Mynd44: 3:28pm On Sep 06, 2013
uj_sizzle:

I still think this is true shocked dang!
Smh....
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by MaziOmenuko: 5:04pm On Sep 06, 2013
ITbomb:

Yet you refuse to grace the Legend thread with the Rose tale.

@topic: the dilemma of every child, "where do babies come from?"

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 06, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Yet you refuse to grace the Legend thread with the Rose tale.

@topic: the dilemma of every child, "where do babies come from?"

My mum once told me that mothers vomit the pregnancy after 9 months... there you have the baby and I believed that till I got to SSS class sad sad sad
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by UjSizzle(f): 5:15pm On Sep 06, 2013
ledafaze:

My mum once told me that mothers vomit the pregnancy after 9 months... there you have the baby and I believed that till I got to SSS class sad sad sad
Wouldn't it have been better if they just told us they pooped us into the toilet undecided

2 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by hustla(m): 5:17pm On Sep 06, 2013
bush baby and the mat story

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by russianmob27: 5:18pm On Sep 06, 2013
believed in Hell fire

12 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by mickyarams: 5:19pm On Sep 06, 2013
I used to believe a thunder lightning meant God was taking our picture grin

20 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by pumpingmachine: 5:20pm On Sep 06, 2013
uj_sizzle:
you kidding me? I thought he was from Ireland undecided
are you kidding me? I thought he came from Rome

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by loneytunes(m): 5:20pm On Sep 06, 2013
If you swallow any seed (orange or guava), it will grow to become a tree in your tummy. So strange that we believed such silly things. undecided

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by SincereBigot: 5:21pm On Sep 06, 2013
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by pumpingmachine: 5:22pm On Sep 06, 2013
mickyarams: I used to believe a lightning meant God was taking our picture grin
me too. I used to strike a pose. I remember when my hand was on a girl's bossom and thunder struck. I felt sick for weeks cos of the evidence waiting for me

31 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by LMAyedun(m): 5:22pm On Sep 06, 2013
I was always scared of 'Ojuju calabar'
SMH!! Funny old days. grin
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by vanessa566(f): 5:24pm On Sep 06, 2013
I thought he came from congo
pumpingmachine: are you kidding me? I thought he came from Rome
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by engrtee(f): 5:24pm On Sep 06, 2013
When its raining and sun is shining.............lion is giving birth

17 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by COOLDUN: 5:25pm On Sep 06, 2013
That Nigeria is one country,that all the children then are future leaders of tomorrow.Again that by the year 2000 Nigeria would be more developed than all the countries in the world. Hahahahaha.

3 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Shankboye(m): 5:26pm On Sep 06, 2013
Thunder balogun story grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nairalanders E-protest Against Child Marriage: Sign your Petition Here Guys! / Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) / Great Photographs Collected From History 2.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.