Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two (26947 Views)

Pictures From The Birthday Party Of A Female Nairalander / Pictures From Sly's Funeral ( Classic Fm 97.3, Lagos) / Photos Of Calabar Dry Run Carnival Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by imperiouxx(m): 3:08pm On Nov 15, 2013
Mayor21: . Olodo na jst DRY RUN be diz

Thanks noble man cheesy
Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by Ebubemg(m): 3:08pm On Nov 15, 2013
shymexx: And this is the same carnival some folks were saying is better Notting Hill carnival. cheesy

This looks like a village parade with tons of hungry and dirty people.

Nigerians and chatting shyte, when what is in their backyard is still stuck in the medieval ages. undecided
dis is nt d main carnival bro..,its jst 2
pave way for d main ting..
Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by sexkillzmother(f): 3:09pm On Nov 15, 2013
when na to chop only dog dem sabi
Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by IAMBREEZY: 3:09pm On Nov 15, 2013
i ain't gønna miss this carnival at all mehn.
Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 15, 2013
Ebubemg: dis is nt d main carnival bro..,its jst 2
pave way for d main ting..

Main event or not, the darn place and the people look dead.

Just tell your folks to stop comparing this crap to something that's a gazillion miles apart from it.

Honestly, I don't give two fvcks about the carnival. But people who live in a glass house should never throw stones.

How dare any sane person compare this crap to Notting hill carnival?

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 15, 2013
IAMBREEZY: i ain't gønna miss this carnival at all mehn.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

The thought of how the whole place would stink alone should put a nyggah off.

All the chics also look like they've got double-layered cheese belly running around all clothed up in the hot naija sun. grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by stantob(m): 3:18pm On Nov 15, 2013
Eneze1: please can someone kindly educate me what the carnival is all about

If you really want to know
It's about looting
Get more education on that from Lamido and sons
Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by 01mcfadden(m): 3:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
shymexx:

Main event or not, the darn place and the people look dead.

Just tell your folks to stop comparing this crap to something that's a gazillion miles apart from it.

Honestly, I don't give two fvcks about the carnival. But people who live in a glass house should never throw stones.

How dare any sane person compare this crap to Notting hill carnival?
i wonder why you carry this your notting hill carnival on your head like someone hawking bread.
Tiwa n tiwa...nobody is telling you to come and partake in the festival bt @least be proud of what Nigerians are able to offer!
Haba!

6 Likes

Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 15, 2013
And don't think I'm uppity for saying the TRUTH on this thread. Your folks started it when they bombarded my thread about Notting Hill carnival with tosh about Calabar carnival.

Well, Notting hill carnival is part of black history in the UK and part of me. And I had to strike back because I know the Calabar carnival should never be in the same sentence with notting hill. Done that now - enjoy ya village parade carnival! cool

Shalom!!

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by cycline404(m): 3:22pm On Nov 15, 2013
Which kain camera u use here now
Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by zubimete(f): 3:22pm On Nov 15, 2013
i would have been hapy if ASUU cal off d strike jireh. Missing canaan city
Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 15, 2013
01mcfadden:
i wonder why you carry this your notting hill carnival on your head like someone hawking bread.
Tiwa n tiwa...nobody is telling you to come and partake in the festival bt @least be proud of what Nigerians are able to offer!
Haba!

Notting Hill carnival represents black history in the UK. And that's part of me as a black man in Great Britain. It represents my struggle and a culture that resonates my experience. Yes, I'm proud of it. I'm a black Briton, just as I'm Nigerian - get it?

My experience is different from yours. Yes, we might have the same ancestry that lies in the same country. However, our experiences are different. Don't talk down about my experience and I'll respect yours. Respect they say, is reciprocal.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by thaoriginator: 3:29pm On Nov 15, 2013
Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2013
looks more like rag day to me....

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by ifeanyidavid: 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2013
Omo dis people get bebe tire

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by IBnatty(m): 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2013
If you must go to calabar for cannival, please leave your dogs at home..

And your wives at home.
Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by chessguru1(m): 3:35pm On Nov 15, 2013
shymexx: And don't think I'm uppity for saying the TRUTH on this thread. Your folks started it when they bombarded my thread about Notting Hill carnival with tosh about Calabar carnival.

Well, Notting hill carnival is part of black history in the UK and part of me. And I had to strike back because I know the Calabar carnival should never be in the same sentence with notting hill. Done that now - enjoy ya village parade carnival! cool

Shalom!!
Brother, you reek of ignorance and pettiness.
If you use this "practice/ rehearsal pics" as your yardstick of comparing both carnivals.
I have no interest in your notting carnival.. So I don't think I have a right commenting on that, but next time be slightly patient, and wait before you expose your bias. It starts at the beginning of December, and runs through out the whole month. Technically, everyday is pretty much a party. And there is also the ekpe (meaning lion in efik) display.
The calabar festival has more history and tradition than you think. But then again, I wouldn't Expect someone like you to understand

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by vislabraye(m): 3:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
Calabar definitely knows how to rock it. Its not yet December when the main stuff begins.
Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by Lilimax(f): 3:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
shymexx: And this is the same carnival some folks were saying is better Notting Hill carnival. cheesy

Nigerians and chatting shyte, when what is in their backyard is still stuck in the medieval ages. undecided
undecided undecided
Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by sarzwizard(m): 3:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
i was fully involved
Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by Boll2010: 3:40pm On Nov 15, 2013
shymexx:

Notting Hill carnival represents black history in the UK. And that's part of me as a black man in Great Britain. It represents my struggle and a culture that resonates my experience. Yes, I'm proud of it. I'm a black Briton, just as I'm Nigerian - get it?

My experience is different from yours. Yes, we might have the same ancestry that lies in the same country. However, our experiences are different. Don't talk down about my experience and I'll respect yours. Respect they say, is reciprocal.
oga who u dey puff for....u dey puff lyk say u be agege bread.......dem never do carnival u dey rant up n down...if dem come start am nko?we go nid chain you for one thread be that?.......oga u dey yarn dust about experience u get?u be mama sharley pikin? Black briton my foot, I knw say u go fit enter as senator from ur district?stupid boy!u dey hide under laptop dey yarn troway....see I be yoruba boy!but I can tell u this is an A class carnival.......next tym u ask for the road before headin BUSH.....bloody lost boy!

6 Likes

Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 15, 2013
chess guru:
Brother, you reek of ignorance and pettiness.
If you use this "practice/ rehearsal pics" as your yardstick of comparing both carnivals.
I have no interest in your notting carnival.. So I won't bother commenting on that, but next time be slightly patient, and wait before you expose your bias.
The calabar festival has more history and tradition than you think. But then again, I wouldn't Expect someone like you to understand

Can you tell me the history and tradition behind Calabar carnival - educate me? The last time I checked, carnival is a Trini thing that expanded to the rest of the Caribbean and South America. The Caribs brought it to London and made it an integral part of black history in the UK. Hence, why it started in Notting Hill, a place with a huge population of Blacks (especially Caribbeans) at that point in history.

Are there any returnee slaves in Calabar? - because the only part of Nigeria where the Amaro's have a huge population in Nigeria is Lagos.

Please educate me - checkers chess_guru! undecided

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 15, 2013
*books calabar flight ticket* those nyashes must not waste
Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 15, 2013
[s]
Boll2010: oga who u dey puff for....u dey puff lyk say u be agege bread.......dem never do carnival u dey rant up n down...if dem come start am nko?we go nid chain you for one thread be that?.......oga u dey yarn dust about experience u get?u be mama sharley pikin? Black briton my foot, I knw say u go fit enter as senator from ur district?stupid boy!u dey hide under laptop dey yarn troway....see I be yoruba boy!but I can tell u this is an A class carnival.......next tym u ask for the road before headin BUSH.....bloody lost boy!
[/s]

Hiding? - I'll smack the shyte out of you with my lazy hand and that's word to mother!

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 15, 2013
anyone on the ps4 console yet?
Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by DonaldGenes(m): 3:46pm On Nov 15, 2013
[size=28pt] U spend hours snapping n deleting pictures all with d aim of posting on Instagram, then d picture finally ends up with 1Like n its ur relative[/size]
Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by Boll2010: 3:46pm On Nov 15, 2013
shymexx: [s][/s]

Hiding? - I'll smack the shyte out of you with my lazy hand and that's word to mother!
see bro....there is something you probably don't understand,and thing is far from you cause you don't sit down,relax and think.word to my mother? I bet ya'your mum maybe sucking lucifer's dick in da'grave.
Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by chessguru1(m): 3:48pm On Nov 15, 2013
shymexx:

Can you tell me the history and tradition behind Calabar carnival - educate me? The last time I checked, carnival is a Trini thing that expanded to the rest of the Caribbean and South America. The Caribs brought it to London and made it an integral part of black history in the UK. Hence, why it started in Notting Hill, a place with a huge population of Blacks (especially Caribbeans) at that point in history.

Are there any returnee slaves in Calabar? - because the only part of Nigeria where the Amaro's have a huge population in Nigeria is Lagos.

Please educate me - checkers chess_guru! undecided
Google the ekpe (that masquerade below my pic) festival that occurs every December period from time immemorial. It might help you sir .

Your biggest problem is that you already know too much. That on its own prevents you from learning basic things before you comment.
The carnival you see in calabar has nothing to do with slavery, so J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ erase that from your mind. Its an extension of the ekpe festival that has been celebrated since the foundation of ancient calabar.
That's that about its origin.
The modern carnival started recently with donald duke, and is an extension of the celebration of ekpe festival.
I really don't know what your basis of comparison or argument is (like I said I know nothing of your nothing carnival, so I can't say anything about it).
All I know is that everyday is a party in calabar from 1st to 31st of december.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by Donjonas: 3:50pm On Nov 15, 2013
a nice pix
Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 15, 2013
Boll2010: see bro....there is something you probably don't understand,and thing is far from you cause you don't sit down,relax and think.word to my mother? I bet ya'your mum maybe sucking lucifer's dick in da'grave.

Go play in the sun, little dyslexic boy. undecided

However, stop talking that tough talk to me. I'm a thorough bred and I'll smack you just for that sake of it, trust me.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 15, 2013

OLOSI NI O stop generalization
Re: Pictures From Calabar Carnival Dry Run Phase Two by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 15, 2013
chess guru:
Google the ekpe (that masquerade below my pic) festival that occurs every December period from time immemorial. It might help you sir

However, what has a masquerade festival got to do with what carnival celebration is all about and its history/significance?

Any correlation, sir?

Anyway, I'm not hating on your thing. Just had to come back to pay these mofos in their own coin. tongue

Revenge is karma in my dictionary and it's best when served cold.

You lot can do ya thing!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Over 200,000 Lagosians Gathered To Celebrate 2014 Lagos Countdown (photos) / Nigerian Soldier Celebrates His Birthday At The Battlefield (Photo) / Couple Parade In A Truck In Uyo After Their Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.