Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:39 AM

A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State (19178 Views)

Jeminat Olawore and Paul Lawson, Bikers Who Are Travelling 8000 Miles For Charit / Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! / Motorcycle Pictures From 2014 Bikers Convention In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by flexible1(m): 11:27pm On Nov 10, 2013
Date : 8th Nov. 2013
Destination : Jos - Plateau , NG
Purpose : Attend the 2013 Annual Association of Nigerian Motorcycle Clubs convention (informally known as ''the Bikers' Convention)
Means of transportation: Honda Hurricane Sports Bike

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by flexible1(m): 11:48pm On Nov 10, 2013
The 2013 convention was hosted by ''The Peace Riders Motorcycle Club (MC)" of Jos. The aim is to bring together all the registered member clubs vis-a-vis registered Bikers in Nigeria. This makes it the biggest convocation of Bikers for the year.The Bikers in attendance included members of 09Bikers MC Abuja, Gombe Jewel Bikers MC , Capital City MC Abuja, Tinapa Bikers MC Calabar, Wheelers MC Lagos, D'millennials MC Uyo, Steel Knights MC Ibadan,Hard Riders MC Port Harcourt, Infinite Riders Kaduna, and six other clubs from other States. Bikers rode in from the entire length and breadth of the Country.....

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by flexible1(m): 12:15am On Nov 11, 2013
The convention provides a social forum for Bikers to meet and discuss issues affecting them especially that of safety, public relations ,charity elect new Executives for the Umbrella Association (ANMC) etc ..... and of course enjoy a ride together !

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by flexible1(m): 12:21am On Nov 11, 2013
Yours truly....

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by flexible1(m): 12:30am On Nov 11, 2013
Pictures and links to videos for the following to be posted soon....... Be on the look out !

1. Most pimped bike award
2. Loudest Bike/ ATV
3. Best stunt rider
4. Slowest Bike
5. Oldest bike
6. The Bike that has attended the most Conventions.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by azpekuliar: 2:00am On Nov 11, 2013
Subscribed.
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by chukxie(m): 2:07am On Nov 11, 2013
Nice! I love power bikes especially Harley and Kawasaki brands. I hope to get one in the future.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by azpekuliar: 12:38pm On Nov 11, 2013
chukxie: Nice! I love power bikes especially Harley and Kawasaki brands. I hope to get one in the future.

Sport bikes you mean...
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by chukxie(m): 3:33pm On Nov 11, 2013
azpekuliar:

Sport bikes you mean...

Aren't they are also called Power bikes? grin. I thought they both meant the same thing. What's the difference a Sport bike and a Power bike? Help a novice out. Thanks.
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by flexible1(m): 10:11pm On Nov 11, 2013
chukxie:

Aren't they are also called Power bikes? grin. I thought they both meant the same thing. What's the difference a Sport bike and a Power bike? Help a novice out. Thanks.

I dont think you'd be wrong if you call them Power Bikes. It's a slang (perhaps coined in Naija).Just the way we call cars by slangs such as ''Ride".As for your interest in Biking , before starting you may wish to consider some factors - for instance how far out do you wish to ride mostly - long or short distances ? What type of roads would you be riding on most of the times ? Would you be riding everyday of the week ? etc.
There are various types of Bikes each designed for a purpose.Not to say they cant serve other purposes but best suit a particular purpose. eg in cars we have the SUVs, Sedans, Coupes, Estates, Heavy duty etc. Now imagine buying a heavy duty truck for your everyday commuting ! Driving it to and from work everyday. Not that it wouldnt serve your purpose.But it just was not designed for that !
You can easily categorise Bikes based on purpose or engine capacity. There are Sports Bikes, Touring Bikes, Dirt Bikes etc. Then the 250CCs, 500CCs, 600CCs, 750CCs,1000CCs, 1100CCs, 1400CCs etc. The 1000CCs and above are called Super Bikes. They can hit 0-160 KM/H in less than 5 Seconds !! If you are a fan of accelaration ! Needless to say - these are the Bikes to avoid if you are just starting.

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by flexible1(m): 10:52pm On Nov 11, 2013
THE MOST PIMPED BIKE

CONTESTANTS : NO 1 - 2013 HARLEY DAVIDSON CRUISER (BLACK COLOUR)
NO 2- 2013 HARLEY DAVIDSON OUTLAW LIMITED EDITION ( HAND PAINTED BLACK COLOUR)
NO 3- 2013 SUZUKI GSX1300R aka HAYABUSA (TWO TONE YELLOW PAINTED COLOUR)
NO 4- 2013 SUZUKI GSX1300R aka HAYABUSA (TWO TONE MAROON PAINT COLOUR)

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by flexible1(m): 10:57pm On Nov 11, 2013
The joint winners were Contestants No. 2 & 3 i.e the Harley Outlaw & yellow 'Busa

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 12, 2013
the hayabusa is fierce.....
*bikerz for lyf*
its a big boyz sport...its get ur adrenalin pumping high
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 12, 2013
keep it coming
following.....
Pls give details of ur own trip with d bike
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by MrAboki: 6:07pm On Nov 12, 2013
flexible1:
Purpose : Attend the 2013 Annual Association of Nigerian Motorcycle Clubs convention (informally known as ''the Bikers' Convention)

Is that your bike?!

Thats a 400cc bike abi?!

2 of my friends had similar looking bikes in school.. Although theirs were Kawasaki Ninja bikes.

I hope to join you guys soonest... Just say life keeps throwing me curve balls.
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 12, 2013
Okada man

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by chukxie(m): 6:13pm On Nov 12, 2013
flexible1:

I dont think you'd be wrong if you call them Power Bikes. It's a slang (perhaps coined in Naija).Just the way we call cars by slangs such as ''Ride".As for your interest in Biking , before starting you may wish to consider some factors - for instance how far out do you wish to ride mostly - long or short distances ? What type of roads would you be riding on most of the times ? Would you be riding everyday of the week ? etc.
There are various types of Bikes each designed for a purpose.Not to say they cant serve other purposes but best suit a particular purpose. eg in cars we have the SUVs, Sedans, Coupes, Estates, Heavy duty etc. Now imagine buying a heavy duty truck for your everyday commuting ! Driving it to and from work everyday. Not that it wouldnt serve your purpose.But it just was not designed for that !
You can easily categorise Bikes based on purpose or engine capacity. There are Sports Bikes, Touring Bikes, Dirt Bikes etc. Then the 250CCs, 500CCs, 600CCs, 750CCs,1000CCs, 1100CCs, 1400CCs etc. The 1000CCs and above are called Super Bikes. They can hit 0-160 KM/H in less than 5 Seconds !! If you are a fan of accelaration ! Needless to say - these are the Bikes to avoid if you are just starting.

Thanks for the info. When i'm ready to buy Power Bike you'd be the first person i'll contact. I hope you wouldn't mind. Cheers!
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by Big4wig(m): 6:17pm On Nov 12, 2013
No comment on ur topic for now buh life has thought me dat beauty without intelligence is just a display of cosmetic foolishness.

#ladiestakenote #BIGWIG

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:21pm On Nov 12, 2013
flexible1: Pictures and links to videos for the following to be posted soon....... Be on the look out !

1. Most pimped bike award
2. Loudest Bike/ ATV
3. Best stunt rider
4. Slowest Bike
5. Oldest bike
6. The Bike that has attended the most Conventions.
Interesting.
Op, where was the venue? And the bikers take which route?
I never knew about this event during my time in Jos.
Last Bullet:
I love bikes. Va-va voom voom.
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by ifyalways(f): 6:23pm On Nov 12, 2013
Admiring from a distance.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by Nikapetrelli(f): 6:25pm On Nov 12, 2013
Nice one
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by caesaraba(m): 6:26pm On Nov 12, 2013
Subscribed!
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by IAMBREEZY: 6:27pm On Nov 12, 2013
U try
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 12, 2013
I love bikes, I would even get one before a car.

-When I make the 'doe'
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by pappilo(m): 6:34pm On Nov 12, 2013
I respect you chaps that ride in Naija especially when you go to these far flung places bearing in mind that there is so much insecurity and the roads are in a very poor state. The turnout looks kind of low. Over here you would get as many people that attended your convention for a regular Sunday morning meet. Conventions?! All I can say is the police hate them.

Here is a picture of yours truly on the black Yamaha on one of our Sunday morning rides.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 12, 2013
flexible1:

Nice bike.

I cycled a Honda Hurricane CBR1000F through my stable in years past.

One of the memories of that bike was a 155mph speeding ticket. Oh the insanity of youth.

Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by wescoBaba: 6:38pm On Nov 12, 2013
Good evening everybody,pls I need your help on how to get to calabar,have not being to that state before and am planing to go there,even stay there to watch super Eagle game against Ethiopia on Saturday,am currenty in ondo state,how much is T-fee from lagos,akure,benin to calabar? which transport company is good for the state and how many hour jounery.
Also how mush is accommodation there for an average nigerian like student and pls recommend names of hotel.thanks alot
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by cold(m): 6:44pm On Nov 12, 2013
Niceee..bikes are great fun to ride
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by creativemusic: 6:46pm On Nov 12, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by dridowu: 6:53pm On Nov 12, 2013
Good one bro
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 12, 2013
go
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 12, 2013
A sportbike is seriously on my mind. I really fancy these bike riders. I'll surely join soon.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Experience With A Roadside Mechanic / Are There Bmw M3's In Nigeria / Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.