Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State (19213 Views)

Jeminat Olawore and Paul Lawson, Bikers Who Are Travelling 8000 Miles For Charit / Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! / Motorcycle Pictures From 2014 Bikers Convention In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by flexible1(m): 10:29pm On Nov 12, 2013
It's about time to prepare for tommorrow's hussle.....to be continued smiley

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by guseman(m): 10:34pm On Nov 12, 2013
01mcfadden: Is there no conference for people using sport bicycle?
I am looking forward to see this happen. My Shimano Alphina 400LX is still in very good shape grin grin My own na my own...
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 12, 2013
moshino:

Big4wig, thanks for saying this out loud, and please keep saying it out loud. It is people like you that restore my innate belief that there're still sensible Nigerians out there, thank you!

Pls what has that comment got to the with the topic
I'm really confused right now
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by ddjay: 10:52pm On Nov 12, 2013
okada,achaba etc suppose come regista na grin grin
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by snthesis(m): 11:30pm On Nov 12, 2013
used to ride be a biker, feel tempted to start riding again, esp wen a biker rides past me in traffic- memories jst flood back in. its one of the tinz i resolved to do b4 a certain age, now i c myself drifting back to it
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by Pelycan: 6:49am On Nov 13, 2013
I hope you put on the appropriate biking gear all the time, not that vest. I mean the full torso jacket with spine protector from the base of the skull. This is a very dangerous sport for nigerian roads and the bad car drivers. Used to admire till I lost a dear one in a sports bike accident. Please be careful.
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by mastro: 7:29am On Nov 13, 2013
flexible1: The joint winners were Contestants No. 2 & 3 i.e the Harley Outlaw & yellow 'Busa

The yellow bike is not a bussa, but a ZX10, the owner also built the red Bussa, which won best bike last year in Uyo

more pics

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by snthesis(m): 9:11am On Nov 13, 2013
mastro:

The yellow bike is not a bussa, but a ZX10, the owner also built the red Bussa, which won best bike last year in Uyo

more pics

ar u implying we build bikes in 9ja
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by okirewaju(f): 10:14am On Nov 13, 2013
Bikes!!! So not my thing. I see it was a family trip;Nice 1. Ur daughter is beauriful
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by forkadict(m): 11:51am On Nov 13, 2013
But men, una get mind no be small.

For naija, wit all these our jagajaga roads, na im una go dey travel from lagos to Abuja, from Lagos to Jos, from Lagos to Calabar on top Okada

Well sha, to each his own.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by sweetgala(m): 2:03pm On Nov 13, 2013
oiseworld:

How about the BMW made bikes, they are very fast too. Saw one last week in Abj it was official and a soilder rode it. The soilder came down from the bike to harass a woman who insulted him. After people came to beg for the woman he climbed the bike, started the ignition and on gear one he had overtaken almost every car on the road, by the time he put it on two, he disappeared.

The power of that bike should be among the 1000cc and above.

Police bikes are usually the 1000cc -1300cc and above variants, its a universally agreed very few cars or even bikes can outrun a police bike. Those things can hit over 200mph if the need be.
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by sweetgala(m): 2:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
soul_glo: I don't know much about bikes but there is just something about a Harley that none of those Ducati or the other bright colorful ones can even come close to. The sound alone just makes you quiver. It's like it's saying Bow Down Bitches to the bright colored Honda bikes LOL. You will always know it's a Harley before you see it. Bikes are kind of like men. Harley Davidson's gives of a mature and confident vibe so in my opinion are just generally more sexy to look at.

Ore forget it, if Harley Davidson is the dodge in the bike world , ducati represents the Ferrari, the best motorcycle sounds come from them. If I do relocate to naija I'm definitely bringing a 748/916 , Norton would be Jaguar .
I like the aprilia as well,
The Augusta mito F1 would be like Bugatti
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by sweetgala(m): 2:33pm On Nov 13, 2013
iyatrustee: I am still not that strong a biker to join on such long distance rides.. Hopefully, would be one of those next year! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Bike to bike again

Mama trustee what sled do you ride?
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by soulglo: 4:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
sweet_gala:

Ore forget it, if Harley Davidson is the dodge in the bike world , ducati represents the Ferrari, the best motorcycle sounds come from them. If I do relocate to naija I'm definitely bringing a 748/916 , Norton would be Jaguar .
I like the aprilia as well,
The Augusta mito F1 would be like Bugatti

embarassed How can you compare a Harley to a piece of Dodge rme
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by lungwun(m): 4:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
Not too many Naked (How did Unclad get in here?) N.a.k.e.d bikes. I rather prefer those. Saving up for a Kwak ER-6N

I did However spot a nice SV650 in one of the pics.

Edit: I give up!
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by mrdonbuchi: 8:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
@OP. Dat yellow bike is not a Hayabusa undecided dats a 2013 KAWAZAKI ZX1400 Ninja. cool
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by flexible1(m): 10:09pm On Nov 13, 2013
Pelycan: I hope you put on the appropriate biking gear all the time, not that vest. I mean the full torso jacket with spine protector from the base of the skull. This is a very dangerous sport for nigerian roads and the bad car drivers. Used to admire till I lost a dear one in a sports bike accident. Please be careful.

You bet I do when riding.It would however not have been comfortable being fully kitted throughout the Convention day since we weren't riding.Wouldnt it have been funny if I rode all the way to the Convention only to die from suffocation while seated under a tent. grin I appreciate your concerns though. Furthermore , all Club members are binded by laws, one of which is the use of appropriate riding gear.When a registered Rider is caught in breach , he/she may be sanctioned or his Local Club sanctioned by the ANMC. Sanctions could range from payment of a fine , suspension from the Club or outright withdrawal of membership.
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by flexible1(m): 10:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
[quote author=mastro]

Thanks for the correction. Was misled by the MC.
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by flexible1(m): 10:54pm On Nov 13, 2013
In continuation of the highlights......

The Convention did not come and go without some drama. The Executive President of the ANMC Mr.Effiong was impeached mid-way into the Annual General Meeting(AGM) held on Friday night at the Three Angels Hotel. Upon the movement of a motion to impeach him , he stormed out of the meeting taking along with him the agenda of the ongoing AGM and other vitals documents.Moved to his hotel - packed his stuff and left by the first cock of the crow the next morning. Later learnt that he was sighted alone around Lokoja riding at break neck speed in annoyance back to PortHarcourt.Would not be surprised if he entirely leaves Motorbiking to start up the Bicycling Club that so many people are clamouring for grin.Meanwhile, the Vice- President of the ANMC Mr. Kanu was asked to chair the AGM , subsequent programmes of the Convention and continue to act as the Executive President until further notice. Mr. Kanu also known as Foto Daddy (FDD) has close to ten years riding experience on various bikes. I was amazed when someone at the AGM informed the meeting of the staggering amount he personally donated to organising the Convention and other Charity work he undertook running into 8 figure amounts. Though he was quick to say that they were not personal donations but donations made on behalf of his Company- but we know now. Is the Company not solely owned by you ? Abi u wan use the principle of the Company being a seperate legal entity from it's owner ? grin A modest , easy going and likeable chap I must say. He is pictured below

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by flexible1(m): 11:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
On the day of the Convention , the Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Commission along with the Commandant of the Special Task Force were on hand to deliver messages to the Bikers. Every one that made a speech including the Commissioner for Information of Plateau State expressed their joy at the return of peace and harmony in Plateau State-without which the Convention could not have held there.
The President of the Peace Riders MC of Jos- Mr. Chuka pointed out the need for all Bikers in the country to register with Clubs within their localities. This is to ensure that riders of High Powered Bikes (i.e 200ccs and above) can easily be identified and such registration comes with responsiblity.As it has been noted that some independent Bikers have been giving other responsible Bikers a bad name with their recklessness. Endangering their own lives as well as that of other road users. In addition to that he suggested that high powered bike riders should be asked by Security operatives at checkpoints or patrol teams to identify themselves with their Club ID cards especially in view of the security situation in the country. Those that do not belong to any Club should be subjected to further questioning so as to establish their identity.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by flexible1(m): 11:28pm On Nov 13, 2013
@ mastro if you're an 09Niner- please let me know if you guys are selling your customised helmets. Fell in love with it .

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by snthesis(m): 12:24am On Nov 14, 2013
fotodaddy- d Ibadan man cool
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by sweetgala(m): 3:16pm On Nov 17, 2013
soul_glo:

embarassed How can you compare a Harley to a piece of Dodge rme

Lol.. I can see I've offended the Harley hardcore... But that is the best description.. Harley is like a 1970 dodge challenger
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by azpekuliar: 6:35pm On Nov 18, 2013
flexible1: @ mastro if you're an 09Niner- please let me know if you guys are selling your customised helmets. Fell in love with it .

Isn't that a Predator helmet? That helmet costs about $700 apiece!
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by spinna: 8:23am On Nov 19, 2013
dang! the predator stole rossi's bike.. which reminds me: congrats to our newly crowned and very convincing King of motogp Marc Marquez
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by spinna: 10:41am On Sep 29, 2014
This is something Nigerian Bikers have been craving .. a place to call their own on the Internet. We're very pleased to introduce you all to:

Naija Biker TV!

Here you will find ride reviews, meet bikers and learn a lot of bikey stuff grin especially as regards safety, training. Also great for advertising bikes for sale or biking shops. call or text for enquiries : 08023626085
Suggestions and helpful comments are welcome

.Naija Biker TV ! Subscribe and Comment Please ! Also share with every motorbike rider you know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbwhN-bRh7A

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by sweetgala(m): 11:39am On Sep 29, 2014
spinna: This is something Nigerian Bikers have been craving .. a place to call their own on the Internet. We're very pleased to introduce you all to:

Naija Biker TV!

Here you will find ride reviews, meet bikers and learn a lot of bikey stuff grin especially as regards safety, training. Also great for advertising bikes for sale or biking shops. call or text for enquiries : 08023626085
Suggestions and helpful comments are welcome

.Naija Biker TV ! Subscribe and Comment Please ! Also share with every motorbike rider you know.

Definition of a crazy person. Night riding long distance on bad African roads.
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by azpekuliar: 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2014
@Spinna, Good one. I hope to get featured on the channel someday. For now I don enta saving mode for a liter bike.
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by Essont(m): 11:49pm On Jan 05, 2015
i got this lifan 150cc sport that is so overwhelming now, i will wish to have a swap deal with any coded 250cc .pls any interest, 07060977723 Stephenesson@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by Chyko02(m): 5:27am On Oct 06, 2020
Brand new suzuki imazuma GW250/F 250CC up for grabs. Call me on 08060793310

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Club Audi Naija And Elsewhere! / I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes / Samuel Eto'o Shows Off His New Car Worth Millions Of Dollars - Bugatti Veyron

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.