Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each (15749 Views)

Solomon Dalong Praises Victorious Eaglets (photos) / Reception For Victorious Eagles In Abuja (Photos) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by donphilopus: 11:32pm On Nov 10, 2013
The coach and other members of the team also received donations from President Goodluck Jonathan.

President Goodluck Jonathan on Sunday announced N2million cash gifts for each player of the triumphant Golden Eaglets Under 17 team, who defeated Mexico on Friday to win the world cup a record fourth time.

The president also announced N3million for the Head Coach and N2.5million for the assistant coaches. The team’s physiotherapist, received N500 thousand, its secretary received N500,000, while the team technical officer, team coordinator, curator and medical officers will all get 300 thousand.

He also announced that the team, the handlers, the coaches and the officials including some key members of the supporters club and the Nigerian Football Federation will all be given national honours.

Shortly before announcing the cash rewards which he said was just a token, Mr Jonathan urged state governors and businessmen women to support the team and host them their own way.

In his speech, Mr Jonathan said he was pleased to host and honour the players who he noted that by their outstanding performance and victory had brought pride not only to the nation but to the country.

The president, who recalled that he was hosting the team for the second time- the first being when they won the second place in the African Under 17 football Championship- said he had charged them to go ahead and conquer the world.

He also recalled that after the poor performance at the 2012 Olympics he had called for reforms in the respective sporting areas. This he noted had brought about the successes being recorded in the sports sector adding that it did not come as a surprise.

He said this was a golden era in the sports sector and the victory was not just for Nigeria but for the whole Africa.

“You won squarely and convincingly and we are very proud of you” he said.

“To the crew who have nurtured this team to greatness, I thank you for a job well done. If we can conquer the world at age Under 17 there is no reason we cannot win at the senior level. They cannot afford to relax on today’s laurels but you must continue to train, guide and care for them. This is a world class team and they must remain world champions from category to Category and from one tournament to the other,” he said.

The Chairman National Sports Commission, Gbenga Elegbeleye, in his remarks said they were told to go and conquer the world and that second position was not an option. He added that he was glad that they were in the villa to present the trophy to the President.

Minister of Sports Bolaji Abdulahi, said following the team’s victory, President Jonathan is now the most successful president in the sports sector.

He also said the success of the team was not an isolation, but is attributed to the Mr Jonathan’s administration’s transformation agenda.

The minister also noted that the players were selected strictly on merit and the idea was to build a solid football team. The coaches have not only succeeded in building a good team but also patriotic Nigerians.

Mr Abdulahi added that winning the world cup was not the end but the beginning for the under 17 which he said was not just a team but a project.

The Mexican Ambassador to Nigeria, Marco Antonio, presented the Nigerian and Mexican jerseys to the president.

Vice president Namadi Sambo, senate president David Mark and his wife, speaker of the House of Representatives, Governors of Cross River, Bauchi and Akwa Ibom; deputy governors of Imo, Plateau, Kogi, Niger, Kano; PDP Chairman, Deputy Speaker House of Representatives, attended the event.

DO YOU NEED THE SOURCE? IF YES, CLICK HERE

2 Likes

Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by Unblockable: 12:13am On Nov 11, 2013
Kudos to the guys!!!
Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by YoshiMaster: 12:26am On Nov 11, 2013
All these Entertainers/Athletes have it too good men, N2,000,000 just to kick one leather ball shocked

I wish I could offer up tickets for sale, so people could come watch me work at my job. My job is more interesting than football, I sit on a chair in front of my PC, and I go hard. Maybe I should move my desk to a stadium pitch, and start charging people N1,000 ticket fee to watch me click away.

8 Likes

Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by atlwireles: 12:26am On Nov 11, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by Nobody: 12:35am On Nov 11, 2013
Jesus christ, 2mill for each player, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, u r d man.

#TeamGoodluckNigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by Nobody: 12:38am On Nov 11, 2013
Yoshi-Master:
All these Entertainers/Athletes have it too good men, N2,000,000 just to kick one leather ball shocked

I wish I could offer up tickets for sale, so people could come watch me work at my job. My job is more interesting than football, I sit on a chair in front of my PC, and I go hard. Maybe I should move my desk to a stadium pitch, and start charging people N1,000 ticket fee to watch me click away.

Yes oo! but wahalah fit dey for hard going when u jam d mexican drug lords in th finals.

2 Likes

Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by donphilopus: 12:45am On Nov 11, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

grin
Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by donphilopus: 6:49am On Nov 11, 2013
Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by Unblockable: 7:31am On Nov 11, 2013
Is the cash too big for them??
Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by donphilopus: 7:34am On Nov 11, 2013
Students are already thinking they might not call of the strike this week again, after spending a huge amount of money for Eaglets, which doesn't suppose to affect the strike being called off
Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by donphilopus: 7:41am On Nov 11, 2013
Unblockable: Is the cash too big for them??
No it's too small... LOL
Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by dridowu: 8:38am On Nov 11, 2013
2million naira each , i think is better than landed property that will never see the light of the day but i would have loved if scholarship is included so that they can also further their education, but again how soon will the boiz rcve the credit alert in their account because it easier said than done. Anyway congrat to d boiz

3 Likes

Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by donphilopus: 8:58am On Nov 11, 2013
In his speech, Mr Jonathan said he was pleased to host and honour the players who he noted that by their outstanding performance and victory had brought pride not only to the nation but to the country.

2 Likes

Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by 9jahubcom(m): 9:11am On Nov 11, 2013
waooo
Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by WizPrince1(m): 9:13am On Nov 11, 2013
This is Good!
Naija for Life
Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by free2ryhme: 9:14am On Nov 11, 2013
God bless MR President for blesis boizs.

Skelewu go dey show face foR nothing
Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by Davo93(m): 9:19am On Nov 11, 2013
The prize is small though compared to what we have been seeing over the years for similar achievement. Anyway, its a nice one from the FG. At least, oppositions and ASUU can take a pill.

BTW, where is that lady that claims she loves Alampasu? Now that Alampasu was neither given huge dollars nor land and house in Abuja, what will you do now?? Lmao
Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by kennyonthrone(m): 9:20am On Nov 11, 2013
My own b say I dn reason God say mk I'm mould one of ma unborn kidz 2 b successful footballer.......jst as some pple d chop Oyel money me I wan chop football money

Choi!football bu ife!

1 Like

Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by Fogman(m): 9:21am On Nov 11, 2013
Well deserved
Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by 9jatatafo(m): 9:23am On Nov 11, 2013
Oh boy oooooooo!!!!! See hammer! The boyz did a great job and I am glad GEJ is rewarding dem jare. I know GLO will join the rewarding train soon as well as some governors especially Lagos and C. Rivers. I nor want hear say dem want promise dem 2 bedroom flat wey the boyz nor go see oooo. Cash gift with immediate credit alert. GOD BLESS NIGERIA. Anybody wey say these boyz pass 17, na better SupPer GLUEe go hold hin lips! I don bend ooo

1 Like

Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by Licensed2Kill(m): 9:25am On Nov 11, 2013
Ordinary 1k bursary he neva gave the students and cldnt even deliver on the promise he made with them lecturers.
Yet some silly a$$ minister will come out $hittin us abt how nigeria is broke and all.
I wonder what msg they are tryin to send...
If some people still believe GEJ is still the answer then i wonder what the question really is.
Im so gutted to be a nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by IAMBREEZY: 9:25am On Nov 11, 2013
WOW
Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by rozayx5(m): 9:26am On Nov 11, 2013
nice
Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by bufness(m): 9:27am On Nov 11, 2013
free2ryhme: God bless MR President for blesis boizs.

Skelewu go dey show face foR nothing
ur English angry
Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:27am On Nov 11, 2013
They deserve it and much more. Well done boys cheesy

1 Like

Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by Danhumprey: 9:29am On Nov 11, 2013
This young boys are millionaires already,and me,I just sit down for school wey I no even sure when I would graduate. Mehn! I gotta hustle ooo. embarassed

By the way,Mr.President seem to be attributing the success of the team to his "Goodluck" charm. grin

1 Like

Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by unmask: 9:29am On Nov 11, 2013
why are you giving 15, 16 and 17 year olds 2million?.......at this growing stage u should support their careers by probably enrolling them in renowned football academies and getting them to develop further

2 Likes

Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by Cubeet: 9:30am On Nov 11, 2013
NICE.
Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by Presbulg(m): 9:30am On Nov 11, 2013
IMHO, waste of money by the FG.

Almost 50M spent.
Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by Presbulg(m): 9:31am On Nov 11, 2013
Presbulg: IMHO, waste of money by the FG.

Almost 50M spent.

state govt. will still do the same
Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by imsuboi(m): 9:39am On Nov 11, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

grin
grin
grin
grin
grin
grin
grin
grin
grin
Re: Victorious Golden Eaglets Get N2Million Each by Dannylux: 9:40am On Nov 11, 2013
lucky teenagers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osaze Proposed Himself As Eagles' Captain. / Asisat Oshoala Donates Materials To Pupils In 50 Primary Schools In Lagos. / Lionel Messi Handed Two-Game Ban For Supercopa Red Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.