Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,533 members, 7,823,318 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Why Do Nigerians, Even Young Nigerians Give The Devil So Much Credit? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerians, Even Young Nigerians Give The Devil So Much Credit? (841 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons / What Boko Haram Has Caused Nigerians Even On Eid-el-fitr Yesterday / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians, Even Young Nigerians Give The Devil So Much Credit? by ojubi(m): 3:22am On Nov 11, 2013
It baffles me all the time how people keep blaming the devil for their problems even simple issues.
Why do we reinforce failure, play the victim mentality, by claiming the devil or his agents are always against us?
I know a girl that verbally abused the hell out of her fiance after their introduction, the guy decided he will not be able to live with verbal abuse for the rest of his life and council all the wedding plans and abandon the relationship, damning the commitment he has made. Now the girl, her mum and her pastor claims it is a demonic attack that is stopping her marriage. The girl even sent an SMS to the guy that says "why are you allowing the devil to use you?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians, Even Young Nigerians Give The Devil So Much Credit? by qhiwegh(m): 3:32am On Nov 11, 2013
ojubi: It baffles me all the time how people keep blaming the devil for their problems even simple issues.
Why do we reinforce failure, play the victim mentality, by claiming the devil or his agents are always against us?
I know a girl that verbally abused the hell out of her fiance after their introduction, the guy decided he will not be able to live with verbal abuse for the rest of his life and council all the wedding plans and abandon the relationship, damning the commitment he has made. Now the girl, her mum and her pastor claims it is a demonic attack that is stopping her marriage. The girl even sent an SMS to the guy that says "why are you allowing the devil to use you?

It's the superstitious tendency in us. Trying to frame everything we experience and aspire in a spiritual way instead of analyzing it in a more "scientific" way. When something bad happens to us, we attribute it to the Devil. When we want something, we rely on God to deliver it, instead of figuring it out and work towards it ourselves.

This is a big reason why as a society, we're backwards in comparison with many others in the world. Even the Bible says that if we keep God's commandments, He will bless us in everything that WE DO. The key is the last two words! We must make a legitimate effort at something as if there is no help from God, before His blessing can arrive.

You can think of it like this. God's blessing is like rain water. We must make a bucket, a pond, etc to catch the rain, or we'll never be able to use the water even if it rains.
Re: Why Do Nigerians, Even Young Nigerians Give The Devil So Much Credit? by Nobody: 5:22am On Nov 11, 2013
I believe all evil is of the devil, but we allow him to do what he wants when we forsake God. EVERY EVIL THING IS OF THE DEVIL!!
Re: Why Do Nigerians, Even Young Nigerians Give The Devil So Much Credit? by Nobody: 5:23am On Nov 11, 2013
Soon some Atheists would come and tell us satan and God does not exist..
Re: Why Do Nigerians, Even Young Nigerians Give The Devil So Much Credit? by Nobody: 5:32am On Nov 11, 2013
Elliotwiz1: I believe all evil is of the devil, but we allow him to do what he wants when we forsake God. EVERY EVIL THING IS OF THE DEVIL!!

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

read your Bible.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians, Even Young Nigerians Give The Devil So Much Credit? by Mynd44: 7:20am On Nov 11, 2013
Elliotwiz1: I believe all evil is of the devil, but we allow him to do what he wants when we forsake God. EVERY EVIL THING IS OF THE DEVIL!!
Then murderers should not be killed, molesters should be set free and drug dealers delivered of the devil since it is not their faults.

Smh
Re: Why Do Nigerians, Even Young Nigerians Give The Devil So Much Credit? by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 11, 2013
Mynd_44:
Then murderers should not be killed, molesters should be set free and drug dealers delivered of the devil since it is not their faults.

Smh
like i said, he makes you do them, he does not do them himself. You have the power to overcome his will over your life... Once you do his will, you become like him, you become a physical devil, so whatever should have been done to the devil would now be on you, because You're now the devil.
Re: Why Do Nigerians, Even Young Nigerians Give The Devil So Much Credit? by alfaman1: 9:02am On Nov 11, 2013
Elliotwiz1: like i said, he makes you do them, he does not do them himself. You have the power to overcome his will over your life... Once you do his will, you become like him, you become a physical devil, so whatever should have been done to the devil would now be on you, because You're now the devil.

stop blaspheming.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians, Even Young Nigerians Give The Devil So Much Credit? by SalC: 9:26am On Nov 11, 2013
Most religious people today see more of the devil in the things they do instead of their own mistake or even the hand of God.

If someone is sick, it's the devil. If he commits an offence, it's the devil. If he fails to achieve what he desire, it's the devil.

The devil will even be happy for being given credit for what he did not do.
Re: Why Do Nigerians, Even Young Nigerians Give The Devil So Much Credit? by mumumugu(m): 9:36am On Nov 11, 2013
From today,devil go dey give me credit .from N100 to 1000 recharge card.any network
Re: Why Do Nigerians, Even Young Nigerians Give The Devil So Much Credit? by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 14, 2013
alfaman1:

stop blaspheming.
i guess you don't know what that word mean... Lemme explain. Hell was not created for humans. It was created for the devil, but because you sin you will becomes yours. You become a devil That's why you end up in hell, same case here, the only difference is that one is physical and the other is spiritual.
Re: Why Do Nigerians, Even Young Nigerians Give The Devil So Much Credit? by ojubi(m): 11:20am On Dec 06, 2013
Ojubi! U re a lousy bastard ve never seen. My happiness is what goes around must surely come around. U think u ve done ur worst but I bet u life ll not end here!

(1) (Reply)

Today 31 October Is Halloween / "The Tranhumanist Wager: Can We And Should We Defeat Death"? / Simplest Ways Of Acquiring Wealth Biblically

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.