Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs (13877 Views)

8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs / What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? / Origin Of Secret Cult In Nigerian Tertiary Educations. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by ajoskele(m): 6:05pm On Nov 11, 2013
I think this still happens in polytechnics!
Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by igbsam(m): 6:05pm On Nov 11, 2013
In Nigeria, YES it is lawful...........Outside Nigeria NO it is not lawful
Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by tmtech: 6:07pm On Nov 11, 2013
NANS does not exist........it has no substance
Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by Olaide1295: 6:08pm On Nov 11, 2013
Here @ olabisi onabanjo uni....sales of handouts has been completely BANNED (tanks 2 d new v.c prof. Saburi Abesanya who was a fmr. Dvc of OAU)
Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by lillies: 6:08pm On Nov 11, 2013
Op relax, Great Ife we too dey make mouth. Ask guys in tech. You MUST by cve 401 handout, no story about it! Even che 411 is stil waiting for u. What about all 'white house' practical courses? Dont you buy your graphs and report note from white house lecturers? What about technical drawing? Where and who sold the drawing sheets to you? It all came from spider house, so stop acting like buls-hit dont happen in oau. Its everywhere bro.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by vizboy(m): 6:10pm On Nov 11, 2013
for AUCHIPOLY no buy'make I hear say you pass
Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by boay(m): 6:11pm On Nov 11, 2013
-Myque-:
It's "optional" in my school, but the wise know what's up...
What did you mean by 'optional' also can we know your school?
Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 11, 2013
Yet the i/diots are fighting for whatever! tscheeew! Greedy lots
Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by boay(m): 6:13pm On Nov 11, 2013
-Myque-:
It's "optional" in my school, but the wise know what's up...

Are you saying lecturers should be allowed to sell hand outs to students and keep the money in their own purse? Remeber these hand outs are copied from textbooks, lecturers dont have copyright on them. Is it not a way of milking students?
Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by boay(m): 6:14pm On Nov 11, 2013
mosho2good: yes of course because they need money.
what about their wages and other benefits?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by boay(m): 6:15pm On Nov 11, 2013
jonescyras: Selling of HANDOUT is ODD in A.A.U.A..
#TEAM AGBA AWON UNIVERSITIES AGBAYA# like this If you belong here!!!
What did you mean by 'odd' do they sometimes allow it?
Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by HARDDON: 6:17pm On Nov 11, 2013
boay:
If those textbooks are written by the lecturers and they are compulsory then it is also like hand-outs. Because the purpose is to make money. Thanks for your contribution

how crude can one get? you get on the internet, copy, paste and print some handouts, bind them and you go selling same?

or you simply photocopy sections of a foreign textbook.......

then you wake some day and school authority frowns at such handouts, you decided to convert same to textbook

and tomorrow u call for strike because your stupid end allowance hasnt been payed!

how crude can it all get?
Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by boay(m): 6:17pm On Nov 11, 2013
alons: it is, but in my school the lecturer will give us the handout to make our own copies with our money.
Good! Please let us know your schools @ all
Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by JingoOAU(m): 6:18pm On Nov 11, 2013
You need not tell me that because I've used it to collect millions. OAU certificate enabled me to get a juicy appointment with The Nigerian Airspace Management Agency. I've also used the certificate to further my studies in Cabin crew and emergency training thus enabling me to fly momentarily with Arik Airline, Kabo Air, Max Air, Med-view.....before I decided to put a stop to flying.....am proud of OAU and am proud of the products

moscobabs: OK....go take ham collect money for bank.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by boay(m): 6:21pm On Nov 11, 2013
sexymoma: You buy Handout o
You nor buy o
Person wey go fail go fail

Buh personally i think it illegal.
There was a day i calculated the amount i spent on hand out each semester ma bros e reach 5 to 6k o.
Please let us know your school
Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by Mickey7(m): 6:21pm On Nov 11, 2013
Thanks guys for ignoring idowuswap..I'm so so glad

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by opylas(m): 6:25pm On Nov 11, 2013
GentleFrank: Yes ... But it should be optional and not compulsory !
Funny. Hw do u choose whether or nt to buy lecturers' hand-outs? U dnt choose, bruh, cos thrz really one option nt two. ...Jst lyk d guy above said "d wise knw what's up"
Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by satellitedaisy: 6:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
Don't buy now, u will see how your G.P will degenerate from 4.0 to 2.45
Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by lillies: 6:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
@boay and jingo-oau, you guys should stop generalizn, speak for your dpmt only. As 4 me, i witnessed my very own class mate being sent out of the test hall because he didnt búy the cve 411 text (technical reprt writing 4m civil eng.) that thing pain me dat day and the thing stil dey pain me i swear!
Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by boay(m): 6:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
Olaide1295: Here @ olabisi onabanjo uni....sales of handouts has been completely BANNED (tanks 2 d new v.c prof. Saburi Abesanya who was a fmr. Dvc of OAU)
Good
Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by WhyAWhy(m): 6:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
lillies: Op relax, Great Ife we too dey make mouth. Ask guys in tech. You MUST by cve 401 handout, no story about it! Even che 411 is stil waiting for u. What about all 'white house' practical courses? Dont you buy your graphs and report note from white house lecturers? What about technical drawing? Where and who sold the drawing sheets to you? It all came from spider house, so stop acting like buls-hit dont happen in oau. Its everywhere bro.

What is this one saying??!!! If I didn't do any of the courses I would have believed you . Do you even know what it means to "sell Handout". Even if you had to buy laboratory report book those are standard requirements . Even medical students had to buy stethoscope but then it's not forced on them by any lecturer neither is it a requirement to pass

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by boay(m): 6:32pm On Nov 11, 2013
lillies: Op relax, Great Ife we too dey make mouth. Ask guys in tech. You MUST by cve 401 handout, no story about it! Even che 411 is stil waiting for u. What about all 'white house' practical courses? Dont you buy your graphs and report note from white house lecturers? What about technical drawing? Where and who sold the drawing sheets to you? It all came from spider house, so stop acting like buls-hit dont happen in oau. Its everywhere bro.
I believe there is a clear difference between hand outs and practical manual. I took courses from Faculty of science and Technology in my part 2. I know what I am saying. Also, go and verify who is selling those handouts. Lecturers? Does the revenue from it goes into the purse of any lecturer? Brother please get your fact right

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by Zumarocket(f): 6:34pm On Nov 11, 2013
pls my bday is today, like my post to say happy birthday

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by theoctopus: 6:37pm On Nov 11, 2013
What do these lecturers know that they actually put into handouts!

Ode! Dofus who just go and copy from published books and sell it as handouts! If I had my way, part of the university reforms will be to sack all of them and start afresh! wink
Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by lillies: 6:37pm On Nov 11, 2013
if u decide to push manuals aside, what will you say about cve 401 handout? What will you say about che 509 and 510? Guy please get your facts correct. Handouts are being sold in oau!
Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by boay(m): 6:44pm On Nov 11, 2013
lillies: @boay and jingo-oau, you guys should stop generalizn, speak for your dpmt only. As 4 me, i witnessed my very own class mate being sent out of the test hall because he didnt búy the cve 411 text (technical reprt writing 4m civil eng.) that thing pain me dat day and the thing stil dey pain me i swear!
Please try to understand what it means to sell 'hand outs'
Hand outs are not textbooks. Have you seen one before. They are just 'copy and past' from different textbooks and lecturers used it as a business venture.

Please I am not defending my school oooo. I can also talk about bad practices in OAU if there is and if need be
Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by lillies: 6:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
WhyAWhy:

What is this one saying??!!! If I didn't do any of the courses I would have believed you . Do you even know what it means to "sell Handout". Even if you had to buy laboratory report book those are standard requirements . Even medical students had to buy stethoscope but then it's not forced on them by any lecturer neither is it a requirement to pass
you are wrong sir, it is a MUST to buy report/graph books in EEE 291 and 292
Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 11, 2013
I trust my able schl UNILAG.....any lecturer wey sell handout don ready to got sidon for house because na sack dem go sack am...
Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by lillies: 6:50pm On Nov 11, 2013
boay:
Please try to understand what it means to sell 'hand outs'
Hand outs are not textbooks. Have you seen one before. They are just 'copy and past' from different textbooks and lecturers used it as a business venture.

Please I am not defending my school oooo. I can also talk about bad practices in OAU if there is and if need be
oga i am sorry, but it is just the truth. Are u saying i wont know the diff between handout and textbook. Na type writer dem use type che 509 cum use stapler stapple the tin . Cve 401 is not a textbk, uncle ask guys in tech!
Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by boay(m): 6:56pm On Nov 11, 2013
lillies:
you are wrong sir, it is a MUST to buy report/graph books in EEE 291 and 292
This is surprising oooo
Are report books and graph books the same as hand-outs? If you dont buy graph book where will you plot your graph?

Also are practical manuals the same as hand outs? Please oooo
Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by ThankGodEdeh(m): 6:57pm On Nov 11, 2013
In my school NUBA POLO ZARIA, lecturers do tell us that it is not COMPULSORY BUT A NECCESSITY but of course, you know what to do if you want to graduate. Infact, a signed and serially numbered assignment page is mostly attached to the hand out.
Re: Nigerian Tertiary Institutions And Hand-outs by Nikapetrelli(f): 6:59pm On Nov 11, 2013
De sell textbooks in my skul,some make theirs compulsory.Some even get bookshops where u r directed to go n buy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today / LASU Shines At International Moot Competition In India. / ASUU: ASUP Warns FG Of Impending Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.