Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,788 members, 7,827,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. (1998 Views)

Do You Actually Believe In The Existence Of Witches And Wizards? / I Won't Be Going For Service Today. God Save Me From Backwardness. / Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by Ukutsgp(m): 4:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
There was this friend of mine those days who had written jamb exam for three good times without hitting the cut-off mark. The next thing i heard from him was that, is like somebody among his family members or a witch from his village might be responsible. I just laughed and told him that he just need to read more, revised past questions, attend tutorials and asked questions on areas he could not understand. I told him that i will be coming to his place from time to time so that we would study together, i advised him not to give up. He then put in for the same exam the following year, fortunately for him he past very well, beating the cut-off mark.

I then figure out that it is not a witch that is responsible for his failures but his reading habit and level of comprehension and many other factors might be responsible.

Most people when they are poor, it is a witch, when they drive carelessly and have an accident, it is a witch, when some hit their foot against a stone, it is a witch or a demon. Everything is caused by a witch or evil spirit in their family. Very Soon when some people fart they will say the witch have started again.

I am not arguing that a witch cannot cause some of all this misfortune but many are as a result of our negligence and nonchalant attitude.

We should try to take a good study of our attitude and way of life before blaming spirits and witches for our backwardness and misfortune, some might be our fault.
But we should continue in prayers, it helps in one way or the other. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by anthoniosp(m): 4:49pm On Nov 11, 2013
When someone tells your friend Ti o ba ku..ajepe mi o pa e daadaa and the next day your friend dies mysteriously.... Hu do am? Nature? Or badoos of destiny?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by Alikaxon(m): 5:06pm On Nov 11, 2013
The way u started d topic, I thought u wer stupid. But u proved me wrong by ending it well. Witches are nt responsible for all problems but are responsible for 80% of one's problems. If witches wer not responsible 4 our problems, y do we get prayed for nd delivered in church? U kw y dey say Africans ar very religious? Bcox d witchcraft in Africa is too much, and Africans hav to fight d battle by spiritual means too, in churches, mosque, native doctors' clinicks etc. Africans eh.—
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by Ukutsgp(m): 5:20pm On Nov 11, 2013
anthoniosp: When someone tells your friend Ti o ba ku..ajepe mi o pa e daadaa and the next day your friend dies mysteriously.... Hu do am? Nature? Or badoos of destiny?
what is this one saying?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by Ukutsgp(m): 5:22pm On Nov 11, 2013
Alikaxon: The way u started d topic, I thought u wer stupid. But u proved me wrong by ending it well. Witches are nt responsible for all problems but are responsible for 80% of one's problems. If witches wer not responsible 4 our problems, y do we get prayed for nd delivered in church? U kw y dey say Africans ar very religious? Bcox d witchcraft in Africa is too much, and Africans hav to fight d battle by spiritual means too, in churches, mosque, native doctors' clinicks etc. Africans eh.—
even native doctor's clinic too. U funny too o
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:28pm On Nov 11, 2013
Religion breeds superstition and escapism from real problems.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by Ukutsgp(m): 7:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
Some Nigerians are very superstitious sha
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by Ukutsgp(m): 8:00am On Nov 12, 2013
Alikaxon: The way u started d topic, I thought u wer stupid. But u proved me wrong by ending it well. Witches are nt responsible for all problems but are responsible for 80% of one's problems. If witches wer not responsible 4 our problems, y do we get prayed for nd delivered in church? U kw y dey say Africans ar very religious? Bcox d witchcraft in Africa is too much, and Africans hav to fight d battle by spiritual means too, in churches, mosque, native doctors' clinicks etc. Africans eh.—
ur percentage is wrong. We cause more problem for ourselves than witches.70% should go for human negligence and 30% for witches.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by SalC: 8:45am On Nov 12, 2013
Ukuts gp: There was this friend of mine those days who had written jamb exam for three good times without hitting the cut-off mark. The next thing i heard from him was that, is like somebody among his family members or a witch from his village might be responsible. I just laughed and told him that he just need to read more, revised past questions, attend tutorials and asked questions on areas he could not understand. I told him that i will be coming to his place from time to time so that we would study together, i advised him not to give up. He then put in for the same exam the following year, fortunately for him he past very well, beating the cut-off mark.

I then figure out that it is not a witch that is responsible for his failures but his reading habit and level of comprehension and many other factors might be responsible.

Most people when they are poor, it is a witch, when they drive carelessly and have an accident, it is a witch, when some hit their foot against a stone, it is a witch or a demon. Everything is caused by a witch or evil spirit in their family. Very Soon when some people fart they will say the witch have started again.

I am not arguing that a witch cannot cause some of all this misfortune but many are as a result of our negligence and nonchalant attitude.

We should try to take a good study of our attitude and way of life before blaming spirits and witches for our backwardness and misfortune, some might be our fault.
Some people attribute virtually every ill-luck to witches or demons which is not always true. When you try to achieve something in life but fail, seek the face of God ( because some people go all out seeking things without seeking God's opinion first) and put more effort.
Am not disputing the fact that some evil forces are sometimes responsible for failure, but the problem is that many people see more of evil than the hand of God or their own faults in the things they do thereby giving the devil more reference than he deserve.

Yes the witches are sometimes responsible but most times they know nothing about the things we attribute to them. Let every christian pray more, live holy and plan well. Then success will come as a reward.

#PEACE#
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by UyiIredia(m): 10:10am On Nov 12, 2013
Actions and their consequences are abetter explanation than witches and wizards.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by nnofaith: 10:41am On Nov 12, 2013
Ukuts gp: There was this friend of mine those days who had written jamb exam for three good times without hitting the cut-off mark. The next thing i heard from him was that, is like somebody among his family members or a witch from his village might be responsible. I just laughed and told him that he just need to read more, revised past questions, attend tutorials and asked questions on areas he could not understand. I told him that i will be coming to his place from time to time so that we would study together, i advised him not to give up. He then put in for the same exam the following year, fortunately for him he past very well, beating the cut-off mark.

there is nothing like witchcraft. your freind is just dumb!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by mumumugu(m): 10:58am On Nov 12, 2013
This is an article everyone should read. We all know the world we live in is controlled by supernatural powers and there are so many supernatural beings. Some are good while others are evil.
A witch according is a supernatural being who is known for evil deeds.
The reason why you failed your exam is not because you partied all night instead of studying, it’s because of a witch in your village.
The question that arises is how do we kill these wicked supernatural beings? Here is a simple procedure you can’t get anywhere else.
1.Get a bucket and fill it with petrol (Half Way)
2.Get a very good insecticide and empty the contents into your bucket.
3.Add a bottle of Hennessy to this mixture.
4.Get a crate of egg and break the eggs into your mixture.
5.Add a little lime.
6.Get the hair of a 6 months old baby and put it in the mixture.
7.Add a little gun powder
8.Boil the mixture in a big pot.
9.After it has boiled, urinate into the boiled mixture.
10.Drink half of it immediately and give the remaining half to every other witch you know
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by Ukutsgp(m): 12:13pm On Nov 12, 2013
nnofaith: there is nothing like witchcraft. your freind is just dumb!
really, who told u that?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by Ukutsgp(m): 12:15pm On Nov 12, 2013
mumumugu: This is an article everyone should read. We all know the world we live in is controlled by supernatural powers and there are so many supernatural beings. Some are good while others are evil.
The reason why you failed your exam is not because you partied all night instead of studying, it’s because of a witch in your village.
The question that arises is how do we kill these wicked supernatural beings? Here is a simple procedure you can’t get anywhere else.
5.Add a little lime.
10.Drink half of it immediately and give the remaining half to every other witch you know
are u a witch doctor?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by Ukutsgp(m): 10:48am On Nov 13, 2013
We know that there are witches everywhere, but we children of God should not be scared of them. They cant harm us.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by nora544: 10:54am On Nov 13, 2013
Ukuts gp: We know that there are witches everywhere, but we children of God should not be scared of them. They cant harm us.

But the problem is some so called great man of God don't tell that christian should have no fear, because w witch can make nothing to them.
The problem is this so called great man of God put the fear what witches could make to there followers.
Why they make crusades against witches when a christian should not be scared because they can make nothing to us.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by SeedofOnan(m): 11:32am On Nov 13, 2013
It is posts like these that make the rest of world look at Africans as a primitive people. It's bad enough that every white missionary group goes into our poorest & most rural backwards villages & slums to get their million dollar photo ops to take back to the US to raise enormous proceeds for their fake tax free charity.

Then you have investors thinking that Africa doesn't have the creative ingenuity to sustain development so they send us their aid instead of their manufacturing jobs so we can buy cars & Electronics made in Nigeria.

The whole evangelical atheist movement goes way beyond getting you to wake up to reality. It's about convincing the rest of the world we are not some living experiment of how primitive people behaved in ancient times. Educate yourselves for the good of Nigeria & PLEASE I BEG YOU! KEEP YOUR FOOLISH EMBARRASING WITCHCRAFT BELIEFS TO YOURSELF!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by Ukutsgp(m): 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
Seed of Onan: It is posts like these that make the rest of world look at Africans as a primitive people. It's bad enough that every white missionary group goes into our poorest & most rural backwards villages & slums to get their million dollar photo ops to take back to the US to raise enormous proceeds for their fake tax free charity.

Then you have investors thinking that Africa doesn't have the creative ingenuity to sustain development so they send us their aid instead of their manufacturing jobs so we can buy cars & Electronics made in Nigeria.

The whole evangelical atheist movement goes way beyond getting you to wake up to reality. It's about convincing the rest of the world we are not some living experiment of how primitive people behaved in ancient times. Educate yourselves for the good of Nigeria & PLEASE I BEG YOU! KEEP YOUR FOOLISH EMBARRASING WITCHCRAFT BELIEFS TO YOURSELF!
dnt u know that Africa was dominited by black magic, voodoo and other fetish things before christianity came? Read the history of great missionaries in Africa and u will know what i am talking about. Christianity has helped Africa to rid those ancient practices and superstitions. Witchcraft is real, it is nt a tale. Jezebel in the bible was a witch. Witchcraft has been in place before u were born, so dnt doubt its existence. Anyway, it is like u have not lived in village before, where witchcraft is rampant.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by Ukutsgp(m): 8:27am On Nov 14, 2013
A witch cannot be the cause for every misfortune? Some are our fault.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by SeedofOnan(m): 9:14am On Nov 14, 2013
Mr Troll:
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by Ukutsgp(m): 9:56am On Nov 15, 2013
Atheist will always doubt the existence of those spirits beings. So dnt hv their time.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by kcjazz(m): 10:30am On Nov 15, 2013
John 10.10 The thief comes to steal kill and to destroy..I have come that they may have life and have it to the full. Yes not every problem is from the devil, it could be human error and unintended consequences. But never rule anything out no matter how small or inconsequential. The devil hates every ChristIan believer whether you like it or not.

That said, God is more powerful than the devil. So focus on serving Him and all other things will be in place, stop worrying about the devil focus on God's love and power.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by SeedofOnan(m): 10:45am On Nov 15, 2013
Ukuts gp: Atheist will always doubt the existence of those spirits beings. So dnt hv their time.

More like non primitive people, not just atheists, the rest of the world looks at you all with utter disbelief as to how childish, ignorant & PRIMITIVE! You witchcraft believers are! Any one guilty of accusing someone of witchcraft should be arrested for slander & defamation of character.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by SeedofOnan(m): 10:50am On Nov 15, 2013
mumumugu: This is an article everyone should read. We all know the world we live in is controlled by supernatural powers and there are so many supernatural beings. Some are good while others are evil.
5.Add a little lime.

Hey bro! I really hope someone accuses you of witchcraft and feeds you this formula. How are you not in jail for making these posts is beyond me. I hope someone finds you and arrests you.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by Ukutsgp(m): 11:05am On Nov 15, 2013
Seed of Onan:

More like non primitive people, not just atheists, the rest of the world looks at you all with utter disbelief as to how childish, ignorant & PRIMITIVE! You witchcraft believers are! Any one guilty of accusing someone of witchcraft should be arrested for slander & defamation of character.
u must be out of your mind to think witchcraft dnt exist.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by nnofaith: 11:06am On Nov 15, 2013
Seed of Onan:

Hey bro! I really hope someone accuses you of witchcraft and feeds you this formula. How are you not in jail for making these posts is beyond me. I hope someone finds you and arrests you.
lol!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by nora544: 11:09am On Nov 15, 2013
It would help more when the pastors preach that a christian should have no fear.

Did you forget the story from a pastor from the RCCG church who told parents that there daughter is a witch, is this christian.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by Ukutsgp(m): 11:34am On Nov 15, 2013
nora544: It would help more when the pastors preach that a christian should have no fear.

Did you forget the story from a pastor from the RCCG church who told parents that there daughter is a witch, is this christian.
can u give the full story? I dnt know what happened in Rccg
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by nora544: 11:45am On Nov 15, 2013
Ukuts gp: can u give the full story? I dnt know what happened in Rccg

https://www.nairaland.com/1486347/policeman-brutalises-daughter-over-witchcraft

read this than you will understand and i can give you a name from a pastor from the RCCg church who write about witchcraft.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by Ukutsgp(m): 12:49pm On Nov 15, 2013
nora544:

read this than you will understand and i can give you a name from a pastor from the RCCg church who write about witchcraft.
ok
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by Ukutsgp(m): 2:26pm On Nov 15, 2013
nora544:

i hv read the story and i couldn't believe that such thing could happened in this 21st century. Hw can a father label his very little daughter a witch because of one false and visionless prophet looking for money. It could even be that he himself is the architech of his own misfortune.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by Ukutsgp(m): 8:37am On Nov 16, 2013
Anyone saying that a witch is responsible for his or her backwardness must be out of his or her mind.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Angels On Guard? Pastor Chris Protected By Bulletproof Wearing Body Guards / How Do You Feel About Atheists / What Makes The Letter "J" Very Special !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.