Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,007 members, 7,845,250 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. (2003 Views)

Do You Actually Believe In The Existence Of Witches And Wizards? / I Won't Be Going For Service Today. God Save Me From Backwardness. / Why Are Christians So Quick To Insult? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by Ukutsgp(m): 8:35am On Nov 17, 2013
Nigeria and witch things. Accept Jesus and witch will be far from you
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by Ukutsgp(m): 1:16pm On Nov 17, 2013
The first thing we should do when facing challenges is nt to accuse a witch but to look at our way of life, our habit etc.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Quick To Blame Witches For Their Misfortune & Backwardness. by Nobody: 2:12am On Dec 10, 2013
Ukuts gp: There was this friend of mine those days who had written jamb exam for three good times without hitting the cut-off mark. The next thing i heard from him was that, is like somebody among his family members or a witch from his village might be responsible. I just laughed and told him that he just need to read more, revised past questions, attend tutorials and asked questions on areas he could not understand. I told him that i will be coming to his place from time to time so that we would study together, i advised him not to give up. He then put in for the same exam the following year, fortunately for him he past very well, beating the cut-off mark.

I then figure out that it is not a witch that is responsible for his failures but his reading habit and level of comprehension and many other factors might be responsible.

Most people when they are poor, it is a witch, when they drive carelessly and have an accident, it is a witch, when some hit their foot against a stone, it is a witch or a demon. Everything is caused by a witch or evil spirit in their family. Very Soon when some people fart they will say the witch have started again.

I am not arguing that a witch cannot cause some of all this misfortune but many are as a result of our negligence and nonchalant attitude.

We should try to take a good study of our attitude and way of life before blaming spirits and witches for our backwardness and misfortune, some might be our fault.
But we should continue in prayers, it helps in one way or the other. Thanks.

so I asked you which church you attend in your other thread critizing the catholic church and you ran away and came over here. lmao
Since you said in your other thread that catholics and t.b Joshua followers will go to hell, I asked you which church do you attend so that we can follow your heavenly pastor. Alas, Immediately I asked that question, you abandoned the thread and ran away.
Why are you so ashamed of naming your church, rather hiding behind your keyboard and attacking others.
If you are scared of naming your church, how are you going to convert the hell bound team of catholics and t,b Joshua team nah?

cant stop laughing.

I dare you to mention your church

(1) (2) (Reply)

If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? / Prophet Muhammad In Bible / What Makes The Letter "J" Very Special !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.