Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

REVEALED: Why Jonathan, Wife Are Fighting Me – Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / REVEALED: Why Jonathan, Wife Are Fighting Me – Amaechi (1125 Views)

“Fayose Has Not Paid Us Since September Yet You Are Fighting For Him” – Workers / Jonathan & Wife, Patience Hit The Gym (Photos) / Bamanga Tukur : Boko Haram Are Fighting For Justice - May 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

REVEALED: Why Jonathan, Wife Are Fighting Me – Amaechi by espn(m): 6:28pm On Nov 11, 2013

Rivers State Governor Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi has disclosed that he incurred the wrath of President Goodluck Jonathan because he was seen to be exposing a lot of corrupt activities going on in government.

In an interview to TheNEWS magazine, Gov. Amaechi also gave the impression that the President and his wife can never keep to their promises, recalling how they held several meetings with him begging him to deliver the state to Jonathan during the 2011 presidential election with the promise that they would never trouble him again, a promise they did not keep.

Gov. Amaechi listed many instances where his actions infuriated President Jonathan and the First Lady, whom he described as a 'de facto President'.

According to Gov. Amaechi, one of the main reasons for the battle to bring him down is the desperate ambition of Dame Patience Jonathan to see herself and be addressed as the political 'lord' of Rivers State, her home state, despite the fact that she is even not recognised by the constitution and is not occupying any elective office.

He recalled a recent accident which has occurred in the hometown of the First Lady, Okrika. Dame Patience snatched the microphone from Gov. Amaechi reprimanded him for saying he would buy off some buildings around a school and demolish it so as to create enough space for extracurricular activities for the school.

Governor Amaechi attributed the crisis to three things:

"The first was the attempt by the wife of the President to control the Rivers State government. I remember when female senators came to me after she met with them.

"She said to them: 'I am the highest ranking officer from Rivers State and I wonder why the Governor of Rivers State does not accord me that respect'.

"I said in law, I don't see the office of the wife of the President being superior to that of the governor…The resistance is what you are seeing."

During Jonathan's campaigns for 2011, he said the President and his wife pleaded with him since he (Amaechi) wanted to be assured that if Jonathan emerged, there would not be a multiplicity of presidents where "you have the wife manipulating power, everybody doing one thing or the other".

"I wanted to make sure that I and the Rivers people are fully protected. I wasn't convinced.

"Now, within the period, the President had called me and the wife and we sat together and made peace. There again, they promised that nobody would hurt me, nobody would do this or that. That's why this is a bit difficult because there is nothing new that they can tell me that they did not tell me in 2011 and they did not keep to their promise".

He said the meeting was just between him, the President and Mrs. Jonathan and he secured their promise to protect him, but "we had hardly won the 2011 elections when the wife descended on me and the Rivers State Government".

"Basically, the only way you can survive is if you then wake up in the morning to say: 'Good morning, ma. My name is Rotimi Amaechi, governor of Rivers State. Do I greet this person or that person'?

"If she says no, then I don't greet you. But if you need to run the office of the governor the way it is supposed to be run, then you would certainly have a disagreement with the wife of the President.

"It is about power and control. She appears to be somebody who loves power."

The governor also said part of the problem was that the President took about 41 oil wells from Rivers and handed them to Abia and Bayelsa, the President's state.

He also said the President was not comfortable with the fact that he (Amaechi) speaks his mind whenever he had the opportunity.

For example, he said he had complained many times about the rising poverty and corruption among public office holders in the country to no avail even as the country's economy is in bad shape.

Another incident that pitched Amaechi against the President was that the former accused the World Bank, during an event abroad, of aiding Nigeria's lamentable corruption.

He also lamented the increasing activities of oil thieves, adding that attempts by his government to subdue the thieves have also been scuttled by the President because of the problem between them, thus making the country suffer the consequence.

"My colleague, the governor of Benue State, told me that teachers are on strike in his state because of salary. And you would see more in the next few months. The country is broke.

"The amount of money being stolen is enough to run this economy. They set aside 455,000 barrels per day for local refining. We don't refine in Nigeria. Crude is refined overseas, brought back to Nigeria and then we pay subsidy on it," he said.
Re: REVEALED: Why Jonathan, Wife Are Fighting Me – Amaechi by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 11, 2013
Too busy to read all the long story jor
Re: REVEALED: Why Jonathan, Wife Are Fighting Me – Amaechi by espn(m): 7:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
Buh same ameachi has refused to leave PDP..nd u here complaining..who's playing who?
Re: REVEALED: Why Jonathan, Wife Are Fighting Me – Amaechi by ThankGodEdeh(m): 7:28pm On Nov 11, 2013
Gej I know, Patience I know, Who is Amaechi?
Re: REVEALED: Why Jonathan, Wife Are Fighting Me – Amaechi by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 11, 2013
Politics is dirty sha, so many wolves in sheeps' skin...O ga gan ni ooooo
Re: REVEALED: Why Jonathan, Wife Are Fighting Me – Amaechi by vedaxcool(m): 7:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
Jonathan surrounds himself with sycophants hence whenever he hears anything that goes against sycophancy - the truth- he becomes unsettled and very vengeful, imagine shepopo saying she is the highest ranking govt. Official from river, this simply shows the extent to which poor man jonathan is hardly using wisdom to run this country! 2015 we must move the kindergarten president to where he truly belongs, in a juvenile detention centre!
Re: REVEALED: Why Jonathan, Wife Are Fighting Me – Amaechi by espn(m): 7:54pm On Nov 11, 2013
We don't even knwo who to believe anymore..jonathan looks innocent..I finks he's a criminal..
Re: REVEALED: Why Jonathan, Wife Are Fighting Me – Amaechi by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 11, 2013
Re: REVEALED: Why Jonathan, Wife Are Fighting Me – Amaechi by donphilopus: 8:20pm On Nov 11, 2013
Daft president... Umbulela wife that can still find a dead man'n manhood
Re: REVEALED: Why Jonathan, Wife Are Fighting Me – Amaechi by idamokoemmanuel(m): 8:56pm On Nov 11, 2013
Mr governor make peace wit ur brother nd stop puting sand nd stone in ur brother's garri....becos of ur selfish interest.
Re: REVEALED: Why Jonathan, Wife Are Fighting Me – Amaechi by sopoundz(m): 9:44pm On Nov 11, 2013
Boring
Re: REVEALED: Why Jonathan, Wife Are Fighting Me – Amaechi by espn(m): 6:48am On Nov 12, 2013
sopoundz: Boring
yea..threads r opened for u to learn nd give ur idea..share ideas..hw old r u..seun shld do sumfin to restrict dis little boys on nairaland..nd if u aint a kid..a fool @ ur age is prob a fool til eternity!
Re: REVEALED: Why Jonathan, Wife Are Fighting Me – Amaechi by Aderupoko2: 7:39am On Nov 12, 2013
Corruption.

(1) (Reply)

Finally, G-7 Governors Move To Join APC / Impeachment: Fani-kayode Dares Jonathan To Charge Him For Treason / Emefiele And The (near) Impossibility Of Governing A Nigerian Central Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.