Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Hope Is The Basis Of Religions For Man Cannot Survive In A State Of Hopelessnes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hope Is The Basis Of Religions For Man Cannot Survive In A State Of Hopelessnes (563 Views)

How To Survive In This Era Of End-time Churches & End-time Pastors / 7 Types Of Religions You Never Knew Existed / The Basis Of Human Morality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hope Is The Basis Of Religions For Man Cannot Survive In A State Of Hopelessnes by pastormustwac: 11:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
One common aspect that strikes me across all religions is that they provides hope, or meaning, or the assurance of the love of God, and that taking away a person's religion would be cruel because you are taking away their hope.

This is because man cannot live in a state of hopelessness (for this is the final spite - for those that understand what that means).

This is a very key factor to a lot of things, let's look at a few issues:

1. The runner that refuses to wear 666 bib, fears that if he wears that, he believes he will loose the hope of salvation and probably end up in 'hellfire' as they say. And so forfeited the race for that reason. Be that as it may, whether he did the right thing or not, does not concern me = he, like all men, chose his fate.

2. Those that are religious fanatics have so much believed in the illusion (or maybe delusion) that their religious practices shall give them all they hoped to achieve in this world and/or the next - like virgins waiting, entering heaven and all that.

I shall stop here to avoid stepping on too many toes.

What will happen if these religions are devoid of hope and show that all men have a common fate no matter their religion? Just wondering. . .
Re: Hope Is The Basis Of Religions For Man Cannot Survive In A State Of Hopelessnes by RationalDude(m): 11:57pm On Nov 11, 2013
I agree with you. Where have you been btw?
Re: Hope Is The Basis Of Religions For Man Cannot Survive In A State Of Hopelessnes by MrTroll(m): 12:12am On Nov 12, 2013
pastormustwac: One common aspect that strikes me across all religions is that they provides hope, or meaning, or the assurance of the love of God, and that taking away a person's religion would be cruel because you are taking away their hope.

This is because man cannot live in a state of hopelessness (for this is the final spite - for those that understand what that means).

This is a very key factor to a lot of things, let's look at a few issues:

1. The runner that refuses to wear 666 bib, fears that if he wears that, he believes he will loose the hope of salvation and probably end up in 'hellfire' as they say. And so forfeited the race for that reason. Be that as it may, whether he did the right thing or not, does not concern me = he, like all men, chose his fate.

2. Those that are religious fanatics have so much believed in the illusion (or maybe delusion) that their religious practices shall give them all they hoped to achieve in this world and/or the next - like virgins waiting, entering heaven and all that.

I shall stop here to avoid stepping on too many toes.

What will happen if these religions are devoid of hope and show that all men have a common fate no matter their religion? Just wondering. . .

then we will all bend down and work. we will make sure that we leave this world a better place than we met it. our eternity will be the legacy we left for our unborn generation. we will fight oppression, injustice and prejudice against every human wherever they may be found...no waiting on any skydaddy to come and wipe everything...
Re: Hope Is The Basis Of Religions For Man Cannot Survive In A State Of Hopelessnes by UyiIredia(m): 1:35am On Nov 12, 2013
Oh but all men have a common fate irregardless of their religion or not. They die, all religion does is give hope for an afterlife. Science allows a promise of longer life, geriatricists and gerontologists are working on that score.

(1) (Reply)

My Spiriscapades(how The World Works) / Jesus Fed 500 Men Not Women Counted But Today You Get 5000 Men Feeding One Overs / Is There Any Human Being Around, Apart From God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.