Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,247 members, 7,822,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? (13365 Views)

Souvenir Shared At A Wedding Ceremony(photos) / 11 Categories Of Guys You Meet At A Wedding. / There Must Be A Wedding By A Nairalander This 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by ipasco: 4:42pm On Nov 12, 2013
From a male reader
I'm not asking if I should cancel my wedding because that has been decided I am only asking how do you go about canceling it and letting invited guests know that this wedding will no longer hold.

My ex-fiancee's friends have already paid for the aso-ebi, the wedding invitation has been printed, the hall for the reception booked but there will be no wedding. My wedding was supposed to hold this December but I'd rather commit suicide than marry this woman.

I won't go into details about what she did but understand that no man cancels his wedding except it's serious. My parents have been informed about the new development but her parents are yet to be informed.

She has refused to tell them, insisting that I do it since I canceled the wedding. But her parents are the least of my worries. How do I tell excited family members, friends and colleagues that this wedding will no longer hold? Where do I start?
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by Ennyhollar(f): 4:47pm On Nov 12, 2013
Hmmmmmm, shot of word

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by ipasco: 4:50pm On Nov 12, 2013
Pls be encouraged to contributê, God bless.
Ennyhollar: Hmmmmmm, shot of word

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by kcjazz(m): 4:51pm On Nov 12, 2013
Well call and inform the parents. Bad news flies fast so don't worry about calling people. At this point there are more serious issues to think about than guests coming.

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by baby124: 4:57pm On Nov 12, 2013
Call her parents and send an email or letter to all concerned. Take care of the financial aspect of your friends let her handle hers. Go back and retrieve what you can from vendors and you both split the proceeds according to the contribution for the wedding. if your friends want to return the aso ebi, that is if it has not be designed then you will have to swallow the loss. I had a friend that cancelled her wedding. We, her friends told her to forget about returning the aso ebi money. They usually wouldn't want such a money back.lol. Goodluck
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by AjaraEwuro: 5:05pm On Nov 12, 2013
simple. word of mouth.
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by soulglo: 5:11pm On Nov 12, 2013
This is sad. No other way really besides the way you invited them. Let them all know. If they ask you for reasons tell them to shut the hell up.

Please don't make these types of decisions when you are angry. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by ipasco: 5:39pm On Nov 12, 2013
Thanks but how did your friend recover from The ordeal?
baby_123: Call her parents and send an email or letter to all concerned. Take care of the financial aspect of your friends let her handle hers. Go back and retrieve what you can from vendors and you both split the proceeds according to the contribution for the wedding. if your friends want to return the aso ebi, that is if it has not be designed then you will have to swallow the loss. I had a friend that cancelled her wedding. We, her friends told her to forget about returning the aso ebi money. They usually wouldn't want such a money back.lol. Goodluck
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by baby124: 5:56pm On Nov 12, 2013
ipasco: Thanks but how did your friend recover from The ordeal?

She has not till now. This is because the wedding was canceled on the wedding day. Which imo is much worse than yours. We just ate the plenty rice, moi moi, abula, all the gifts. grin grin grin. Omo, see food. But life must go on. She was in good spirits though, but is still sad about it sometimes. I think it is just the disappointment she cant get over. If you have thought about it, and know in future you cannot live with such a wife, it is better to cancel it than go on based on sentiments. Only to live in hell. Goodluck to you.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by temi4fash(m): 6:19pm On Nov 12, 2013
wahala dai ooopo
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 12, 2013
Since you have informed her and if the fault is really from her, inform your own family and vamoose .

Leave every other thing with her...money for cake, dress , engagement ring..
Just relocate.
No time to cry over spoilt milk

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by ipasco: 7:14pm On Nov 12, 2013
Hmmmm...
Chillisauce: Since you have informed her and if the fault is really from her, inform your own family and vamoose .

Leave every other thing with her...money for cake, dress , engagement ring..
Just relocate.
No time to cry over spoilt milk
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by baralatie(m): 7:14pm On Nov 12, 2013
ipasco: From a male reader
I'm not asking if I should cancel my wedding because that has been decided I am only asking how do you go about canceling it and letting invited guests know that this wedding will no longer hold. My ex-fiancee's friends have already paid for the aso-ebi, the wedding invitation has been printed, the hall for the reception booked but there will be no wedding. My wedding was supposed to hold this December but I'd rather commit suicide than marry this woman. I won't go into details about what she did but understand that no man cancels his wedding except it's serious. My parents have been informed about the new development but her parents are yet to be informed. She has refused to tell them, insisting that I do it since I canceled the wedding. But her parents are the least of my worries. How do I tell excited family members, friends and colleagues that this wedding will no longer hold? Where do I start?

na u cancel am,na u go take ur mouth talk am!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by baralatie(m): 7:30pm On Nov 12, 2013
I'm not asking if I should cancel my wedding because that has been decided I am only asking how do you go about canceling it and letting invited guests know that this wedding will no longer hold. My ex-fiancee's friends have already paid for the aso-ebi, the wedding invitation has been printed, the hall for the reception booked but there will be no wedding. My wedding was supposed to hold this December but I'd rather commit suicide than marry this woman. I won't go into details about what she did but understand that no man cancels his wedding except it's serious. My parents have been informed about the new development but her parents are yet to be informed. She has refused to tell them, insisting that I do it since I canceled the wedding. But her parents are the least of my worries. How do I tell excited family members, friends and colleagues that this wedding will no longer hold? Where do I start?
i hope d reason for this wedding cancelatn is not of bbm,facebuk chatting!
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by judii(f): 8:39pm On Nov 12, 2013
Pls, don't just vamoose without informing her people o! At least, for respect sake, call her parents and find out when you could meet them at home and tell them why you no longer want 2 carry on with the wedding. Nobody knows tomorrow and you don't know where you would meet in future. Its a very disappointing and sad thing, so ensure you do it with all sense of maturity. I hope your decision 2 cancel the wedding is not a rash one? Are you working with facts or rumours? Whatever it is, may God help you to do the right thing.

11 Likes

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by ifyalways(f): 8:59pm On Nov 12, 2013
Visit and tell her parents.
Send everyone an email or bulk sms.
Call up the wedding planners(if you guys contacted any) inform them and see if you guys can get a part refund.
Take a vacation out of town.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by Gboliwe: 9:11pm On Nov 12, 2013
The same way you announced the wedding and sent out the invitations is the same way you will send out this cancellation.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by Abali1(m): 9:28pm On Nov 12, 2013
baralatie:
He is not the same person.
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by Chinwem(f): 9:37pm On Nov 12, 2013
simple......the same way you announced theres a wedding is the same way you announce that the wedding is cancelled.

Or just dont show up on that day!

@ifyalways do people really do refunds in Nigeria?
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by baby124: 9:51pm On Nov 12, 2013
By the way, it was my friend that cancelled the wedding. But she still felt bad. So dont think it will not affect you. It probably will, but you will recover with time. Also try and get rid of everything that reminds you of the upcoming event. Give it out or burn it. undecided. When sending out the notification, please be respectful to your ex. Dont go on a rant about how she hurt you and why you are cancelling the wedding. Dont forget to add " Please respect our privacy at this difficult time" lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by SisiKill1: 10:02pm On Nov 12, 2013
Cancel the same way you invited. . .Send Cancellation Cards

Front

Inside

Finito.

11 Likes

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by baby124: 10:04pm On Nov 12, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Cancel the same way you invited. . .Send Cancellation Cards

Front

Inside

Finito.

Kai sisi, this one no good o. "What in the hell was i thinking". haba. grin. OP, no matter how she hurt you, be nice about it. Dont sound vindictive, angry or crazy. You may just give her justification for the marriage ending.
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by SisiKill1: 10:11pm On Nov 12, 2013
Lol! Baby, the man said he would rather Commit Suicide than marry the girl....SUICIDE oh!!

It is that serious. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by baby124: 10:15pm On Nov 12, 2013
That alone is enough for the girl to deal with till she enters her grave. And that is probably just between them. Then to now write it for the world to see. Both of them will lose. She will look like someone that is not good enough for marriage to the men, and he will look like an angry, irrational and vindictive monster to the women or her friends. The tales that would be told about them will not be good for years to come. It may cost them future partners. LOL

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by Polio: 10:18pm On Nov 12, 2013
Ennyhollar: Hmmmmmm, shot of word

Terrible................ shot? shocked shocked shocked

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by Nobody: 12:34am On Nov 13, 2013

A wedding planned for Dec shd have had some concrete commitment by now. You must have done introduction, engagement e.t.c

You have to tell her family! The same way you went to ask for their daughter's hand in marriage is the same way you'll go back and return it.

Then send a bulk sms to everybody you have previously invited. Leave her to sort out the people she invited and gave Aso ebi to.

As for the hall reservation. You'll definitely het a refund, it might not be a full refund though!

Now that we'e answered your question, will you be kind enough to give us the full story grin

14 Likes

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by chineloSA(f): 12:44am On Nov 13, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Lol! Baby, the man said he would rather Commit Suicide than marry the girl....SUICIDE oh!!

It is that serious. cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin wink
This is serious o. Simply tell the wedding planner if you had one.Unfortunately you still have to pay for all the services plus the services to cancel. Also use the invitation list to send them cancellation cards or e-mail or message's

Also don't underestimate the power of snowballing, tell a few people in a few circles and it will snowball like that. People will phone for confirmation.

If you need a "AM SINGLE AGAIN PARTY" don't hesitate to contact me cheesy cheesy cheesy

That's wack. undecided undecided undecided undecided Sorry o. smiley
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by Olastep1(m): 12:50am On Nov 13, 2013
if u ask me, na who I go ask? d matter wey u see so, e tey wey e start...

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by ipasco: 7:31am On Nov 13, 2013
I can imagine
baby_123:

She has not till now. This is because the wedding was canceled on the wedding day. Which imo is much worse than yours. We just ate the plenty rice, moi moi, abula, all the gifts. grin grin grin. Omo, see food. But life must go on. She was in good spirits though, but is still sad about it sometimes. I think it is just the disappointment she cant get over. If you have thought about it, and know in future you cannot live with such a wife, it is better to cancel it than go on based on sentiments. Only to live in hell. Goodluck to you.
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by ipasco: 7:34am On Nov 13, 2013
That may not be completely ruled out but technically its beyound that.
baralatie:
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by ipasco: 7:38am On Nov 13, 2013
Noted! With all effort.
judii: Pls, don't just vamoose without informing her people o! At least, for respect sake, call her parents and find out when you could meet them at home and tell them why you no longer want 2 carry on with the wedding. Nobody knows tomorrow and you don't know where you would meet in future. Its a very disappointing and sad thing, so ensure you do it with all sense of maturity. I hope your decision 2 cancel the wedding is not a rash one? Are you working with facts or rumours? Whatever it is, may God help you to do the right thing.
Re: How Do You Cancel A Wedding You Have Already Paid For? by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 13, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

An Event Guest Shows Off His "Amazing" Dance Skills (Pics/Video) / How To MC An Event? / ***** Happy Birthday Mukinatu*******

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.