Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,674 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Nairaland & Nigeria. Which Is Better. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland & Nigeria. Which Is Better. (573 Views)

Titus Fish And Oil Reduced (picture).. Nigeria Which Way Forward / Nairaland Nigeria's New Theatre Of Political E-war's! / South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland & Nigeria. Which Is Better. by UuzbaGuuzba: 12:12am On Nov 13, 2013
I've noticed a couple of similarities between Nigeria as a nation, and people on Nairaland. Nigeria is a nation that was forced upon us (we a collection of dark skinned people from different smaller kingdoms) by the British (of the United Kingdom) basically because they were more educated, aware of the realities of life (science etc as opposed to superstition) and had united, organised general behaviour.

Since they left Nigeria (Niger area), they left us with a task much bigger than we could handle - the task of nation building. As of 2013, 100 years after the official formation of the country called Nigeria, we have more of Nation destruction going on than Nation building. To the point that we are now calling for a national dialogue...basically yo discuss what (the hell) we're doing together in the first place and what we stand to gain.

Our government is curropt and the curruption is acidic. Have you noticed that every government infrastructure is broken? Electricity - broken,
Roads - broken
Water distribution - broken
Telecom (Nitel) - broken
Unity - (about to)
Police/security - broken
Mass employment - broken
Education, Federal Unis and FGC - broken
We seem to have given up on trying to speak the same language - English was given to us by the British. We never formed our own Language like how the Indians, (also colonised by British) formed Hindi - a national language of unity. We tried doing Wazobia once, but it failed.

Now, my question thus goes: Nairaland supposedly is filled with Nigerians who are educated to some degree (to use the Internet), and are likely aged between 16 - 45years old. What I mean is, nobody here is too young to be the leader of this nation Nigeria. Enough of this, "Them say dis, them say dat" mentality. It is now you and me.

Why then do I see comments like insults, curses, saying things like, "bush idiot, to to your village"?

If we the intellectual ones insult each other this way, no form of agreement and unity to solve problems, how then can you blame the politicians, Them-Them people, for 419ing us, chopping money and running away?

Is there a way for us to coexist in a civilised environment, both in reality and virtually as here on Nairaland? If not let's stop wasting time criticizing our government. We on NL are not doing any better from our insultive comments to each other and lack of unity in achieving any aims.
Re: Nairaland & Nigeria. Which Is Better. by s3nn2x(m): 12:37am On Nov 13, 2013
None!

Nairaland is a reflection of the Nigerian state.

Everything that is wrong with Nigeria is inherent in Nairaland.

The 2 cannot be separated.
Re: Nairaland & Nigeria. Which Is Better. by redsun(m): 1:13am On Nov 13, 2013
I ran into somebody this evening that was telling me about a recently depose politician in nigeria whose son can not manage ten thousand pounds monthly allowance in england.Apparently he is a junky, drunkard and a chronic womanizer living off the sweat and blood off suffering nigeria.

At the moment he is broke because his father has not been able wire him some awufu money, since he has just been recently sacked. He is been cautious so that the rogue efcc don't pick on him and trail his incessant and unaccountable money transfers to england.
Re: Nairaland & Nigeria. Which Is Better. by Tolexander: 1:43am On Nov 13, 2013
Nairaland should have been a microcosm of nigeria but the site comprises of the nigerians and the nigerians in diaspora while the nation consists of the citizen excluding the diasporans
Re: Nairaland & Nigeria. Which Is Better. by bloggernaija: 4:22am On Nov 13, 2013
Nigeria is broken because the federal government is broken .
ALL THE POWERS NEEDED TO MAKE NIGERIA A GREAT NATION IS IN ASO ROCK.
From the war against corruption to electricity all the way to preventing the mediocre from getting into government.
The political process which threw up dumbo joe ignored a pat utomi.
The few mega scam we know about ,could easily have generated 40000 MW electricity with change to spare.
We are talking about only 2 yrs of scams at the federal level under this listing or should I say listless president.
Now on another note,I love people who base their opinions on facts .
Emotions cannot be used as an excuse for falsehood ,dishonesty and facts.
THE FACT REMAINS THAT THE SW HAS FOUGHT FOR THAT GOOD LIBERAL AND PROGRESSIVE LEADERSHIP WE HAVE ALL BE YEARNING FAR MORE THAN ANY OTHER REGION IN THE COUNTRY.

You can excuse some places for not having the mass of educated citizens but there comes a time when you have to acknowledge that ,we are a different people and strange bedfellows.
We are not the same.

Only those who ignore the signs will refuse to see that Nigeria is heading towards a calamity.
FOR THAT REASON,I and many like me became A realist .
IT HAS NOT WORKED FOR 53 yrs ,IT IS NOT GOING TO WORK IN THE NEXT 1000 YRS.

Better to go in piece than to go in pieces.

I just hope the SW is not pushed back into that primordial taste for shedding blood and endless total war.
Over a hundred towns and villages disappeared and never to rise again in one of such wars , i.e amongst brothers.
What do you think would happen to stranger?

NAIRALAND IS A MICROISM OF NIGERIA.
MORE EDUCATED BUT YOU CANNOT DENY THAT THE EXPRESSIONS HERE REFLECTS EXACTLY WHAT IS ON THE GROUND.
THE UPPER AND THE UPPER MIDDLE NORMALLY SHAPE THE OPINIONS OF THE LESSER OF THE SOCIETY.
Re: Nairaland & Nigeria. Which Is Better. by UyiIredia(m): 6:13am On Nov 13, 2013
Nairaland is better, in some respects.
Re: Nairaland & Nigeria. Which Is Better. by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 13, 2013
What sort of comparism is this
Re: Nairaland & Nigeria. Which Is Better. by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 13, 2013
What sort of camparism is this
Re: Nairaland & Nigeria. Which Is Better. by indoorlove(m): 8:45am On Nov 13, 2013
Though the comparism is somehow illogical, i still strongly believe Nigeria is far better than Nairaland. Nairaland can't be better with rate at which tribalism and ethnic bigotry is being celebrated here daily. Nigeria is filled with real Men and Women going about their normal life while Nairaland on the other hand is filled with keyboard warriors of boys and girls spitting venon and beating the drum of war they cannot dance to, in other word COWARDS.

(1) (Reply)

G5, Baraje Joining APC: PDP Is Not Moved – Metuh / Will The Igbo Ever Rule Nigeria? / BREAKING: 24-hour Curfew Imposed After Boko Haram Attacks Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.