Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

The Issue On Tableeq Jama'ah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Issue On Tableeq Jama'ah (791 Views)

The Issue Of The Mu'azzin Calling Aloud The Takbir After The Imam; Bid'ah?? / Senator Yerimah Clears The Air On The Issue Of 'under Age Marriage' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Issue On Tableeq Jama'ah by Abuklaw(m): 10:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
Asalam alaykum waramotullahi.
I recently stumbled upon a facebook page where someone speaked ill of jama'ah tableeq without adequate ruling of fiqh. I'm pretty sure that Nairaland is an avenue to get the full coverage of the Ulama's ruling regarding this jama'ah.
Anticipating your contribution
Re: The Issue On Tableeq Jama'ah by Abuklaw(m): 6:54pm On Aug 21, 2014
I raised the above issue sometimes ago but no one seems to have my time for meaningful contribution.
Re: The Issue On Tableeq Jama'ah by kazlaw2000: 7:28am On Aug 22, 2014
Tableegh. I like their dawah philosophy viz avoiding criticizing other muslims, welcoming to all muslims without preconditions, non mixing of males and females (seperate programmes for both), non insistence on being a scholar before you can preach etc. I know that many strong brothers today actually started from them.

You may be dissapointed to note that many modern Islamic scholars find them utterly misguided. But i feel a limited romance with the movement would be beneficial to everyone. I dont however advise anybody to immerse himself too much into it. I always have problems with their 'rigidity'. They seem to be unable to reason independently away from the dictates of their so called 'elders'.

1 Like

Re: The Issue On Tableeq Jama'ah by Abuklaw(m): 9:22am On Aug 22, 2014
kazlaw2000: Tableegh. I like their dawah philosophy viz avoiding criticizing other muslims, welcoming to all muslims without preconditions, non mixing of males and females (seperate programmes for both), non insistence on being a scholar before you can preach etc. I know that many strong brothers today actually started from them.

You may be dissapointed to note that many modern Islamic scholars find them utterly misguided. But i feel a limited romance with the movement would be beneficial to everyone. I dont however advise anybody to immerse himself too much into it.[/Quote]What did scholars said about them? Can I be exposed to the various refutations of the scholars? How can one romance with them in a limited way
[Quote]I always have problems with their 'rigidity'. They seem to be unable to reason independently away from the dictates of their so called 'elders'.
do you really think majority of them don't think outside the box ?

Thanks for your contribution.
Re: The Issue On Tableeq Jama'ah by Abuklaw(m): 9:24am On Aug 22, 2014
kazlaw2000: Tableegh. I like their dawah philosophy viz avoiding criticizing other muslims, welcoming to all muslims without preconditions, non mixing of males and females (seperate programmes for both), non insistence on being a scholar before you can preach etc. I know that many strong brothers today actually started from them.

You may be dissapointed to note that many modern Islamic scholars find them utterly misguided. But i feel a limited romance with the movement would be beneficial to everyone. I dont however advise anybody to immerse himself too much into it.
What did scholars said about them? Can I be exposed to the various refutations of the scholars? How can one romance with them in a limited way
I always have problems with their 'rigidity'. They seem to be unable to reason independently away from the dictates of their so called 'elders'.
do you really think majority of them don't think outside the box ?

Thanks for your contribution.
Re: The Issue On Tableeq Jama'ah by kazlaw2000: 8:15pm On Aug 22, 2014
Give me time. Maybe I will be able to present some scholarly opinions. Other brothers can as well do that for us.

As regards rigidity, thats their attitude. They are not open to innovations. They fail to develop their dawah methodology to suit modern times. They dont make use of mass media. Everything is still through word of mouth. No guidelines on frequency of outings. In my place here, I know some of their brothers that do not spend up to four months in a year at home, if I'm not mistaken. No new literature for dawah work except for decades old fadaail a'maal, fadaail sadaqah and hayatus sahabah. When u go for outings, what you are made to learn of Quraan is just the last ten chapters of the Quraan and thats all. This leaves many Tableegh brothers seriously Islamic knowledge -deficient.

However, regardless all these, i still believe one can/should go for Thursday Bayaans, periodic Three days outing (i wouldnt advice on a longer duration). One can go for Nusrah( visiting the visitors) etc. This is what i term LIMITED ROMANCE

1 Like

Re: The Issue On Tableeq Jama'ah by kazlaw2000: 8:19pm On Aug 22, 2014
Pls dont get me wrong. I am not castigating the three books i mentioned earlier i.e fadaail a'maal, fadaail Sadaqah and Hayatus Sahaabah. They are masterpieces in their own rights and they are recommended reading.

(1) (Reply)

Is Jesus Going To Hell? / Mashala, Look Who We Have Here :) / I Want To Convert To Islam, I Need Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.