Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Tina Turner: Why Is She Relinquishing Her U.S. Citizenship? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tina Turner: Why Is She Relinquishing Her U.S. Citizenship? (2020 Views)

Omotola Meets Beyonce's Mum,Tina Knowles(photo) / Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland / After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tina Turner: Why Is She Relinquishing Her U.S. Citizenship? by naijasofamerica(f): 7:40am On Nov 14, 2013
Tina Turner is cutting her ties with the U.S.

The R&B belter and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer, who was born Anna Mae Bullock in Nutbush, Tennesee, went to the U.S. embassy in Bern,

Switzerland, on Oct. 24 to sign a so-called "Statement of Voluntary Relinquishment of U.S. Citizenship under Section 349 (a)(1) of the INA

[Immigration and Naturalization Act]," the Washington Post reports.

Turner, who turns 74 on Nov. 26, has lived in Switzerland for almost 20 years. In July, she married Erwin Bach, a German music producer

she began dating in 1986.

Bach has worked with the likes of Paul McCartney, Radiohead, Petshop Boys, Queen, and Pink Floyd.

Turner's plans to receive a Swiss passport were announced in January. In April, she passed the mandatory citizenship test that quizzed her

on Swiss history and the German language. She became a Swiss citizen on April 22.

Turner told German newspaper Blick that she considers Switzerland home. "I'm very happy in Switzerland and I feel at home here … I

cannot imagine a better place to live," she said.

According to the U.S. embassy in Bern's activity report, Turner said she did not have plans to live in the U.S. in the future and her family

was her only strong tie to her native country.

Turner is not renouncing her U.S. citizenship, though, the Post clarifies. The "relinquishment" statement means that she received the "Swiss

citizenship with the intent to lose her U.S. citizenship."

What's love got to do with it? Sound like pretty much everything. Auf Wiedersehen, Tina!

Re: Tina Turner: Why Is She Relinquishing Her U.S. Citizenship? by emmanuelson20: 7:48am On Nov 14, 2013
When many NIGERIANS are doing everything possible to get US Citizenship!

3 Likes

Re: Tina Turner: Why Is She Relinquishing Her U.S. Citizenship? by MrChris1(m): 7:52am On Nov 14, 2013
emmanuelson20: When many NIGERIANS are doing everything possible to get US Citizenship!
What is food to one person may be poison to others.

3 Likes

Re: Tina Turner: Why Is She Relinquishing Her U.S. Citizenship? by nedu2000(m): 7:54am On Nov 14, 2013
Can I swap with Tina?

2 Likes

Re: Tina Turner: Why Is She Relinquishing Her U.S. Citizenship? by forumcitizens: 7:55am On Nov 14, 2013
nedu2000: Can I swap with Tina?
Lol!
Re: Tina Turner: Why Is She Relinquishing Her U.S. Citizenship? by emmanuelson20: 8:01am On Nov 14, 2013
Mr. Chris:
What is food to one person may be poison to others.
You are right!
Lol!!! If this was the case, do you know how many men will be negotiating with her now on top money matters. Hahaaa!

2 Likes

Re: Tina Turner: Why Is She Relinquishing Her U.S. Citizenship? by naijasofamerica(f): 8:04am On Nov 14, 2013
emmanuelson20: Lol!!! If this was the case, do you know how many men will be negotiating with her now on top money matters. Hahaaa!
Hilarious!

1 Like

Re: Tina Turner: Why Is She Relinquishing Her U.S. Citizenship? by CyrusLevi(m): 10:50am On Nov 14, 2013
citizenship swap please.

2 Likes

Re: Tina Turner: Why Is She Relinquishing Her U.S. Citizenship? by naijasofamerica(f): 12:53pm On Nov 14, 2013
Cyrus Levi: citizenship swap please.
Lol! Men are not smiling!
Re: Tina Turner: Why Is She Relinquishing Her U.S. Citizenship? by CyrusLevi(m): 3:01pm On Nov 14, 2013
naijasofamerica: Lol! Men are not smiling!
Smile has expired.
Re: Tina Turner: Why Is She Relinquishing Her U.S. Citizenship? by forumcitizens: 5:46pm On Nov 14, 2013
Cyrus Levi: Smile has expired.
Lol!
Re: Tina Turner: Why Is She Relinquishing Her U.S. Citizenship? by forumcitizens: 5:51pm On Nov 14, 2013
emmanuelson20: Lol!!! If this was the case, do you know how many men will be negotiating with her now on top money matters. Hahaaa!
No Time!
Re: Tina Turner: Why Is She Relinquishing Her U.S. Citizenship? by emmanuelson20: 6:31pm On Nov 14, 2013
forumcitizens: No Time!
On Board to Switzerland! Lol!

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Damsels And Scandals That Drove Them Mad / Flavour’s Boo, Sandra Shares Photo Of Herself And Flavour | Photos / Question Of The Day:- What Will You Do If You See This In Your Room? [see Photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.