Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,069 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Protecting Your Offering: Lessons From Father Abraham - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Protecting Your Offering: Lessons From Father Abraham (542 Views)

So Your Pastor Can Actually Take A Part Of Your Offering! (leviticus 7) / Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic / 419 Matthew 'give Your Offering In Dollars' Ashimolowo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Protecting Your Offering: Lessons From Father Abraham by esere826: 1:41pm On Nov 14, 2013
Genesis 15: 11 ...The birds of prey came down upon the carcasses, and Abram drove them away.

Read the entire Genesis 15

I have heard it said by quite a number of people that they dont care what their money is used for
as long as they have already 'given it' to God

I dont feel very comfortable with this, because IMO it speaks volumes of the 'magical' mindset folks are beginning to develop
a mindset borne not out of love of God, but out of lust for the tangible blessings of God (Referenced from TD jakes)

As I meditated on this, I remembered the story of Abraham who we love to recall especially in the Tithing message
Abraham was to make a covenant with God, he got some animals and laid them out as a 'sacrifice"
while he waited for God to show up
Re: Protecting Your Offering: Lessons From Father Abraham by esere826: 1:43pm On Nov 14, 2013
While the sacrifices were laid out, birds of prey swooped down to feast on the meat which were quite inviting
Abraham did not say, that:
well, it was Gods business to deal with the birds

nope,.. he jealously protected his offering for the one it was meant for

The scriptures say that he chased the birds of prey awaay for as long as he could
..before God showed up and walked in the middle of Abrahams sacrifice and made the convenant

May God bless us with understanding
for by understand was the earth established
AMEN

(1) (Reply)

UNBELIEVEABLE: Angola Reportedly Bans Islam, Destroys Mosques / Chat Between A Muslim And A Christian.. Enjoy / Jesus is born!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.