Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,002 members, 7,852,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:44 PM

The Western Mediocrity Called Western Education. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Western Mediocrity Called Western Education. (529 Views)

Sex Or Mediocrity Which Is Cheaper. / The Choice Of Mediocrity: Why Nigerians Are Like Crayfish / Productivity Level In Nigeria Compared To The Western World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Western Mediocrity Called Western Education. by Goldenboy007(m): 2:16pm On Nov 14, 2013
I just thought about Wizkid buying a Porsche Panamera..that car is like $75k, not only him, check out those artist boys...P Square, D'Banj, Don Jazzy etc. You begin to wonder what you are doing wrong..ASUU is on strike ..some professors won't be able to afford that before they die.
Then you think about the efficacy of this western education, if you check Forbes list, most of them are illiterates from the perspective of the western erudite(s)..even the young IT billionaires are mostly school dropouts!
Then you ask again, is western "education" really opening our minds or simply colonizing our mentalities? The bourgeois state...where you think you are something with all your qualifications whereas you are as empty as a pocket ? :s
Some of us would have been Billionairesif we had thrown away our certificates long time ago..
Have you ever heard of unemployed farmer before? Or unemployed carpenter?
Some of our graduates that were born with natural gifts to create have been enslaved by B.Sc and sitting at home submitting CVs all around. They now blame the government for their own ineptitude as if it is a taboo for their own fathers to create a company.
its funny how we think...you do B.Sc you never get work, you come begin pursue Masters again. A system that makes young people think in that manner should be scrapped !
Out of history of Dangote that I have read, I did not read where they said he went to school, Why won't he now employ PhD and Masters holder as tanker drivers?
He made a mockery of the educational system and the Govt is just too dumb to realize it ! Rather than reevaluate their situation they were busy hailing a shrewd business man !!! I would rather be schooled by Dangote than attend Lagos Business School of losers !!!

(1) (Reply)

Your UK Diploma Classes At 1000 USD From Home / Actress N Make Up Artistes / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.