Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Just Where Is Nigeria Heading To? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just Where Is Nigeria Heading To? (470 Views)

Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) / Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck / Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Just Where Is Nigeria Heading To? by Richbee(m): 4:04pm On Nov 14, 2013
Hello y'all.
I just have a piece or two to unveil. The eaglets of Nigeria were rewarded wif cash worth 2million naira by the president and also titled 'officers of the Niger'. Yeah, I saw no wrong in that cos for real, they made us proud.

Not until I heard people, notable Nigerians saying that the money was too small and I was like... huh? This morning, in the news, it was said that babaginda gave them anoda 20m and some landed properties. Imo state govt, rewarded the players from his state that were on the team.

It got me thinking. Just for playn football all these?
When was the last time we had a reward for academic excellence in our country?
They complain sayn that they don't trust the youths of our days because most aint ready to open the books? How can? When all that our leaders do is to push the attention of our young ones to the things that aint essential.

We have the best graduating students from federal universities receiving prize worth #10,000 and I say to mysef, hws deceiving who? Scholarships are awarded and are paid after a year. busuary worth 5k are given to students if they are even lucky. Industrial training funds for I.T students are paid years after graduation.

The education of a nation is very paramount and its the duty of the govt to encourage this.

I aint sayn these rewards are wrong, all I'm sayn is that I fink there should be a balance in everything.
Re: Just Where Is Nigeria Heading To? by lepashandi: 5:32pm On Nov 14, 2013
nonsense.

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Election: Overwhelming Presence Of Police Men / Breaking News: Imo Police Arrest 180 Mercenaries From Osun Enroute Anambra / Why Nigeria Has Not Developed – CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.