Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,114 members, 7,845,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Urgent Help Sought!!! Who Can Assist Me Please?!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Urgent Help Sought!!! Who Can Assist Me Please?!! (437 Views)

This Doctor Was Paralyzed After An Accident. Please Kindly Assist (pics). / Hsg Test In Lagos,pls Assist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Help Sought!!! Who Can Assist Me Please?!! by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 14, 2013
Hello Guys,

I am currently in a state of disarray as my wife is due to deliver any moment from now and I can’t afford it. I know a lot of you would be like, why get her pregnant when you don’t have the money to bring a life to this world. Well, that story is a long one. This is my 3rd month with a new company and one of the reasons I picked up the employment (apart from a slight increase in pay) is because they have a fantastic medical insurance cover. The medical plan enjoyed in my previous place of work is also quite decent coz it covers most of what the new one does except for maybe evacuation to a nearby country for further treatment if the need arises. Also, amount allowed for certain benefits may not be as handsome. Anyways, due to some lapses with the HR not submitting my forms to the HMO early enough, I am now informed that the HMO would not cover my wife’s maternity cost as she has joined the scheme with a pre-existing condition (pregnancy).

I had contested the HMO’s stance on this matter after my medical certificate was sent to me 3weeks ago with all these clauses was stated in it. The outcome of my protest is that my company’s HR were at fault and the HMO would not be liable. Now, my wife would have to go through a procedure which the hospital bill for such at our health providers cost a minimum of N250k. We had previously agreed on a date for the procedure and the day is nigh. The challenge now is that I am not prepared for this extra expenditure.

What am I to do at this point since I am pressed for cash? To fight my HR is out of it as there is no one willing to take responsibility for the goof.

• Is there any general hospital in Lagos that would carry out the procedure at short notice?
• How much does it cost for a caesarian operation in those hospitals?
• Would another hospital agree to do the procedure despite not attending antenatal with them?

(1) (Reply)

My Son Needs A Hearing Aids / NAFDAC Labs Get American Accreditation / NACA Says 3.4 Million Nigerians Live With HIV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.