Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,094 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? (6894 Views)

No Male Child Yet, I Feel Suicidal Sometimes / Why Fathers Dont Coach their male children On Sex? / Why Do Couples Desperately Desire Male Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by thorpido(m): 9:39am On Nov 16, 2013
tpia@:

you wish.
madam,i'm a medical scientist so I'm nt 'wishing'.
There are a lot of factors that determine what sex a child will be.The basic thing is which gamete,X or Y fertilises the egg.Only one gamete can fertilize an egg.
A lot of factors come in which include the timing of ovulation and the conditions of the reproductive system at the time of ovulation.A woman's fluid has a PH which changes within the course of a cycle.The X and Y chromosomes do not have the same resistance.The X chromosome can endure more and live longer.If a couple meet days before ovulation takes place,there is a chance that more X chromosomes will be available,increasing the chances of a female.
When we say the PH is acidic,it doesn't mean acidic like a car battery or laboratory acidic.Do you know that even the PH of saliva can be acidic?An acidic v.aginal environment will not kill all the cells,it just makes the Y chromosomes more vulnerable.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by drealdoc89(m): 1:46pm On Nov 16, 2013
greatgod2012:

@kay-one, stop working yourself up, this type of issue, e get as e be, God is up there doing what He pleases with us people, He givves us what He thinks we can handle, im not saying scientific researches/work is a myth, but sometimes, it's beyond human comprehension.

With permission from one of my colleagues, i just called her this morning to give me permission to share her story, because she's also a NLDer, but a passive one, she might see this post and be offended, hence, my request which was granted.
This my colleague's father has 3 wives and 13 children........all females, not a single male, and she's now the mother of 4..........all males, not a single female.

So, stop working up yourself.
Delight yourself in the Lord and He shall grant you the desires of your heart, says the bible.
It is well.
Nice post ma'am.
Let me just chip in this,HE MAKE ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL IN HIS TIME and no one can question Him.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by baby124: 2:29pm On Nov 16, 2013
onegig: Do a verifiable research and stop boring us with your self taught assertions. Listen to yourself. Acid kills of the y gamete . Lol. So you are saying there is selective fertilization? So what happened in women who gave birth to boys only. The x were also killed by a basic solution i guess?
Not only can you not read. You lack comprehension. Educated illiterate with just one opinion or non at all. It's not my fault the topic did not go your way, seek God for the problems plaguing you which am sure is beyond your understanding. A big LOL to you. See how foolish you look?
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by baby124: 2:32pm On Nov 16, 2013
thorpido: madam,i'm a medical scientist so I'm nt 'wishing'.
There are a lot of factors that determine what sex a child will be.The basic thing is which gamete,X or Y fertilises the egg.Only one gamete can fertilize an egg.
A lot of factors come in which include the timing of ovulation and the conditions of the reproductive system at the time of ovulation.A woman's fluid has a PH which changes within the course of a cycle.The X and Y chromosomes do not have the same resistance.The X chromosome can endure more and live longer.If a couple meet days before ovulation takes place,there is a chance that more X chromosomes will be available,increasing the chances of a female.
When we say the PH is acidic,it doesn't mean acidic like a car battery or laboratory acidic.Do you know that even the PH of saliva can be acidic?An acidic v.aginal environment will not kill all the cells,it just makes the Y chromosomes more vulnerable.
Gbam. People let emotions cloud their judgement when assessing situations. I am a woman but the facts on ground and conception methods do not entirely support what we are told.

1 Like

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by troy20(m): 2:44pm On Nov 16, 2013
RUN bro RUUUUN!
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by nachie20(f): 2:54pm On Nov 16, 2013
So many people claim to know it all cos they're medical scientists when those of us in the profession do not even yet agree on several medical issues.
yes, some factors deterine a child's sex but basically, the greater role lies with the man.

1 Like

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by nachie20(f): 2:59pm On Nov 16, 2013
There is no research that backs the op's fear. Is a woman's PH level genetically transferred? Even if as u've so enthusiastically been 'enlightening', it was her mother that influenced the birth of 6 females.

1 Like

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by nachie20(f): 3:11pm On Nov 16, 2013
We need to be careful about the information we give and be very sure about the context of questions we answer so as not to confuse epolple, please.
@OP: please reassure your mother & if possible, get a seasoned medical practitioner to explain to her.Peace

1 Like

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 16, 2013
nachie20: There is no research that backs the op's fear. Is a woman's PH level genetically transferred? Even if as u've so enthusiastically been 'enlightening', it was her mother that influenced the birth of 6 females.

Was just about to point that out.

Let's even assume that the acidity of the mum's vagina made them have all girls, is this vaginal acidity genetic?

5 Likes

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by tpia5: 6:15pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ph levels can be altered, those saying its ph that determines gender, should try it or find info about it, and see if it produced more boys.

1 Like

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by thorpido(m): 7:16am On Nov 17, 2013
nachie20: So many people claim to know it all cos they're medical scientists when those of us in the profession do not even yet agree on several medical issues.
yes, some factors deterine a child's sex but basically, the greater role lies with the man.
You are saying the same thing we've been saying while at the same time trying to oppose.
I said the basic thing about conception is which gamete fertilises the egg.if it's the X gamete,it will be a female while it will be a male with Y.However,some factors will aid which one gets a better chance.

As someone in the medical profession as you said,you'll agree that some theories are not set in stone but keep evolving.Not everyone agrees on every medical issue.There are always different schools of thoughts.

There's nothing you agree with that is in anyway different from what I have said.I guess the problem was with the comprehension of what I wrote.

1 Like

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by nachie20(f): 7:41am On Nov 17, 2013
Maybe YOU should read your posts over. This is not about opposition or comprehension. It's about the info u provided and the context of the question asked.

1 Like

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by onegig(m): 8:17am On Nov 17, 2013
baby_123:
Not only can you not read. You lack comprehension. Educated illiterate with just one opinion or non at all. It's not my faul t the topic did not go your way, seek God for the problems plaguing you which am sure is beyond your understanding. A big LOL to you. See how foolish you look?
And that's the almighty rebuttal you could come up with? Try harder okay?

Its no news that when useless people exhaust anything meaningful to say they resort to abuses which is evident in your posts. But you know what. Am so sorry kiddo, i don't stoop so low to be throwing abusive words on a public forum.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by onegig(m): 8:31am On Nov 17, 2013
nachie20: We need to be careful about the information we give and be ve ry sure about the context of questions we answer so as nfuse epolple, please.
@OP: please reassure your mother & if possible, get a seasoned medical practitioner to explain to her.Peace
Abi o. Can you imagine people just touting self held beliefs and theories and they want us to shook it down our lungs as the gospel truth..

And to think all these copy and paste are just theories and not facts. Go back and study the basics of science to understand the rudimentary level before a theory becomes fact or law.

Even most sources of this ph levels doubt the effectiveness of their methods. Here's a quote from one of the top sources.

While there is little empirical
proof that your vaginal pH can
influence your baby's gender,
some theories suggest that
there may be a correlation.

1 Like

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by deols(f): 9:21am On Nov 17, 2013
It is not enough and very very somehow to use the experiences of a few people as proof while discussing something scientific.

The reason people elsewhere have done better than us is that they look for proofs and carry out researches and studies and not just make assertions to prove points. Scientists make use of samples of a population that can be representative of the whole population and not the example of a small no of people.

And if anyone talks of an acidic vagina fluid preventing the conception of male children, they should please prove it.

These would make us appear educated and not having the 'beer parlour' gists.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by nachie20(f): 3:18pm On Nov 17, 2013
Exactly! Would have gone on quietly observing if he had continued saying imo.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by thorpido(m): 11:02pm On Nov 17, 2013
You all seem to be misunderstanding my post.
I never said the PH of a woman's womanliness is the sole reason for having female children.
It can contribute.
What determines the sex of a baby is the chromosome that fertilises the egg-X or Y.Some factors determine which one is MORE likely to do so.That is all I have tried to explain.

Don't know why PH is all you picked from my post?
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by thorpido(m): 11:17pm On Nov 17, 2013
deols: It is not enough and very very somehow to use the experiences of a few people as proof while discussing something scientific.

The reason people elsewhere have done better than us is that they look for proofs and carry out researches and studies and not just make assertions to prove points. Scientists make use of samples of a population that can be representative of the whole population and not the example of a small no of people.

And if anyone talks of an acidic vagina fluid preventing the conception of male children, they should please prove it.

These would make us appear educated and not having the 'beer parlour' gists.
You are probably not in the medical sciences and you probably read my post and misunderstood it.

Picking a woman's PH from all i wrote shows u misunderstood my post.

From when I got into the medical school in 1994 till today is about 20yrs.I don't know about the 'beer parlour' gists you are talking about.I know and have read about researches done even though I have not had to do any on my own along this line.
Researches as you say is what I speak about and not beer parlour gists.

Do you know for instance that the types of food you eat can give a particular sex an advantage over the other?

Please understand that researches are always ongoing and that new ones may come up to nullify the others.Also some theories are not set in stone but are held until another comes to dispel those.
I have not said whatever I wrote is FULL PROOF.Conception in medical science is about chances.

The summary of all I've said is the sex of a child is determined by what sex chromosome fertilises the egg.The X will make it a girl while the Y will make it a boy.Some factors however favour one over the other.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by tpia5: 11:19pm On Nov 17, 2013
^ "medical sciences" is too broad a field for you to use that as a reference for your statement.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by 2good(m): 11:27pm On Nov 17, 2013
Xx
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by thorpido(m): 11:30pm On Nov 17, 2013
tpia@:
^ "medical sciences" is too broad a field for you to use that as a reference for your statement.
Too broad a field yet we are talking about just an aspect?I don't understand u Tpia?
We are not talking about the whole broad field of medicine.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by deols(f): 5:36am On Nov 18, 2013
thorpido: You are probably not in the medical sciences and you probably read my post and misunderstood it.

Picking a woman's PH from all i wrote shows u misunderstood my post.

From when I got into the medical school in 1994 till today is about 20yrs.I don't know about the 'beer parlour' gists you are talking about.I know and have read about researches done even though I have not had to do any on my own along this line.
Researches as you say is what I speak about and not beer parlour gists.

Do you know for instance that the types of food you eat can give a particular sex an advantage over the other?

Please understand that researches are always ongoing and that new ones may come up to nullify the others.Also some theories are not set in stone but are held until another comes to dispel those.
I have not said whatever I wrote is FULL PROOF.Conception in medical science is about chances.

The summary of all I've said is the sex of a child is determined by what sex chromosome fertilises the egg.The X will make it a girl while the Y will make it a boy.Some factors however favour one over the other.

Mr. medical scientist. Why not mention your exact branch of medical science. Where did you study? and were you taught about medical studies and how to present them?

If you can not give a link or mention a page from a medical journal proving your opinion, then don't you open your mouth anywhere to talk anything medical again!

even with your 20 yrs plus experience, you appear less than half baked. It takes less than all of your 20 yrs for an educated person to know that you don't go about spreading ignorance.

so again, provide a proof or keep QUIET.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by thorpido(m): 6:41am On Nov 18, 2013
deols:

Mr. medical scientist. Why not mention your exact branch of medical science. Where did you study? and were you taught about medical studies and how to present them?

If you can not give a link or mention a page from a medical journal proving your opinion, then don't you open your mouth anywhere to talk anything medical again!

even with your 20 yrs plus experience, you appear less than half baked. It takes less than all of your 20 yrs for an educated person to know that you don't go about spreading ignorance.

I've seen someone mention here that you are a proud and arrogant person.It shows from your post here too.We are looking at a topic and discussing it and you are free to bring an opinion or a counter-opinion but what you resort to do here is to start throwing insults.I won't go down that way with you.

I will send you links later,you can check this out in the meanwhile.
www.ehow.com/how_5671916_change-acidity-gender-selection.html
www.scialert.net/abstract/doi=tmr.2011.161.168

You can just do a search on the internet too on effects of cervical mucus PH on gender of baby.

Not everyone here throws insults.It's not just a teenager's forum.

3 Likes

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by 2good(m): 7:12am On Nov 18, 2013
deols:

I think for education sake, it is best not to insult people who claim to be an expert in a field. You should instead provide evidence to counter their claims considering the fact that you have access to the internet and your counter claim to what ever they say should just be a few clicks away. Google is our best friend because it makes us less gullible to claims so its always best to use it to support our points rather than insulting people without having any backup alternative to what they are saying.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by Hkana: 11:11am On Nov 18, 2013
bebe2: HE IS ONLY ASKING!!! no need to make him sound stupid.

this is the reason why some pple can gang up and beat some one to death, one persorn hits and the victim is bleeding frm the head, the other hits and victim is bleeding from the hand but dat wont stop the others from striking.

u see people disrespecting him wit their post, why do u have to add urs?? undecided undecided

Well said, you actually stopped me from adding mine smiley

1 Like

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by onegig(m): 12:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
On a lighter note.

Thorpido brings up an assertion and others reacted and said it was wrong. Thorpido feeling he was not getting his message across tried the ever working Nigerian way of winning an arguement. I am older than you and you should respect my experience. Anything an elder tells you is always correct.

Deols not given to this kind of upbringing goes "ballistic" about this. Can you give us facts or just pocket your years of experience ? Sounded a tard "high" to some but i guess she is a bit "too" passionate about areas she considers her fields especially when someone "claims" what is not.

Forgive me. That was just naughty me .

Can we just break this up already?
Thorpido i do understand what you are saying perfectly but seriously the onus is on you to prove beyond doubt with facts that actually a child's gender can be influenced by ph levels and the diet of a mother. I understand your points but seriously they are still just theories. Like you know there are many theories we have that states something today only to be over ruled later. Until they are proved as facts you can't pass them as the gospel truth. I have read up on those ph things you posted and might experiment with them maybe when i get married. Can't wait to have 8 sons. Winks.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by thorpido(m): 1:16pm On Nov 18, 2013
^You have it wrong with your notion that i'm trying twin argument the so called Nigerian way.I wrote that because she said it was a beer parlour gist and i wanted her to know i'm a qualified medical professional.

I have read this in medical journals but they are in hard copies so i didn't include any link here.However thank God for the internet and with a little research one can lay hands on a couple.

I never said the things i wrote were my researches but they are based on what i read of other people's researches.I am not Hippocrates.
If you say they are theories,you are right but they are theories based on repeated researches done by people at different times using different samples.Medicine is ever evolving so things stated today can be changed tomorrow.That's a fact.
If you understand medical research,not everything is stated as a fact but based on researches done at different times,there may be a recurrence of something or people having similar results,and as such it is put together as a finding.There are still some things in medicine that don't have explanations!

Anyone can just do a search on Google about the effects of cervical mucus PH on gender of a baby.You can come back here to give your opinion about it and your facts on why you agree or disagree.

Life is simple!

1 Like

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by deols(f): 1:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
thorpido: I've seen someone mention here that you are a proud and arrogant person.It shows from your post here too.We are looking at a topic and discussing it and you are free to bring an opinion or a counter-opinion but what you resort to do here is to start throwing insults.I won't go down that way with you.

I will send you links later,you can check this out in the meanwhile.
www.ehow.com/how_5671916_change-acidity-gender-selection.html
www.scialert.net/abstract/doi=tmr.2011.161.168

You can just do a search on the internet too on effects of cervical mucus PH on gender of baby.

Not everyone here throws insults.It's not just a teenager's forum.

Seriously? That was an insult? Sorry o. Didnt mean to insult you.

I actually came on this thread to learn. I follow YPP and when she mentioned the chinese calendar, I got interested in what this topic was about.

You asked if I am a medical scientist but I was dissappinted that with all of your experience, your argument was so not genuine and instead of proving it, like I asked previously, all you wanted was for your 'experience' to do the job when we all know that even people with less experience should never have to argue like you've done so far.

Still, you have not mentioned your branch of medical science. It would help us to understand if you are eligible to speak about things like this in the first place or you just want to do quack for us. cheesy
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by deols(f): 1:50pm On Nov 18, 2013
2good:

I think for education sake, it is best not to insult people who claim to be an expert in a field. You should instead provide evidence to counter their claims considering the fact that you have access to the internet and your counter claim to what ever they say should just be a few clicks away. Google is our best friend because it makes us less gullible to claims so its always best to use it to support our points rather than insulting people without having any backup alternative to what they are saying.

Who 'CLAIM'!!

Do you mean that people who don't claim know less or are less intelligent?

I did not even say that what he said is wrong. I only asked for proof..and trust me, medical scientists should be embarrassed for all of that argument.

Only lay men should argue like that...I havent argued the points though wink . Check my posts again.

I am going to read the link, now.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by deols(f): 1:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
onegig: On a lighter note.

Thorpido brings up an assertion and others reacted and said it was wrong. Thorpido feeling he was not getting his message across tried the ever working Nigerian way of winning an arguement. I am older than you and you should respect my experience. Anything an elder tells you is always correct.

Deols not given to this kind of upbringing goes "ballistic" about this. Can you give us facts or just pocket your years of experience ? Sounded a tard "high" to some but i guess she is a bit "too" passionate about areas she considers her fields especially when someone "claims" what is not.

Forgive me. That was just naughty me .

Can we just break this up already?
Thorpido i do understand what you are saying perfectly but seriously the onus is on you to prove beyond doubt with facts that actually a child's gender can be influenced by ph levels and the diet of a mother. I understand your points but seriously they are still just theories. Like you know there are many theories we have that states something today only to be over ruled later. Until they are proved as facts you can't pass them as the gospel truth. I have read up on those ph things you posted and might experiment with them maybe when i get married. Can't wait to have 8 sons. Winks.

You get it so well.

I donno how people get so offended by my posts. I mean no offence...it just irks me that some people pass the wrong information to others.

Imagine how some men could start gauging their women's pH and start to blame them for not allowing their Y xsomes swim??

Because a 'medical scientist' on nairaland said so.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by deols(f): 2:12pm On Nov 18, 2013
I just read the link.

And I maintain that such a thing should not be propagated by a medical scientist. If no study has been conducted to prove it and it is not yet in medical journals or text nor yet approved by any of the medical societies around the world, it should stay in the beer parlours.

Like I said on my first post, medical studies are carried out using samples from the general population and are carried out over a period of time before a result is made known and the methods allowed to be practised.

Something like this could go wrong with people trying to change the acidic nature of their body using all kinds of things.

And even your source says the pH of the se.men matters as well. I can bet it that, majority of people who tried this did not get the desired result.

Some may have gotten what they wanted, but this may not have been responsible.

Imagine the fable that albinos's conception is in the afternoon is why they are the way they are. Would a medical scientist propagate that as well or that yam eating will give you twins.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by onegig(m): 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2013
thorpido: ^You have it wrong with your notion that i'm trying twin argument the so called Nigerian way.I wrote that because she said it was a beer parlour gist and i wanted her to know i'm a qualified medical professional.

I have read this in medical journals but they are in hard copies so i didn't include any link here.However thank God for the internet and with a little research one can lay hands on a couple.

I never said the things i wrote were my researches but they are based on what i read of other people's researches.I am not Hippocrates.
If you say they are theories,you are right but they are theories based on repeated researches done by people at different times using different samples.Medicine is ever evolving so things stated today can be changed tomorrow.That's a fact.
If you understand medical research,not everything is stated as a fact but based on researches done at different times,there may be a recurrence of something or people having similar results,and as such it is put together as a finding.There are still some things in medicine that don't have explanations!

Am sorry if i sounded like that.. I was just trying to douse the tension and get you guys to discuss the main issues. That was just naughty me.

We all do agree there's no empirical data to back up your claims so it would be safe not to pass it as fact even in the absence of a conclusive research on the topic. Half truth is no truth. The net is a small world and you might see people quoting you soon enough that yes their wives ph levels is one reason they have been giving birth to a certain gender. The abuse some women face even in the face of hard evidence that its the man that determines the gender of the baby is still shocking not to talk of arming them with a "theory " that the wives actually do determine it. You know it could have far reaching implications. Na go our society dey hear. Dey no dey hear come.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Five Signs Your Husband Is Having An Affair With Your Maid / First Time Mothers! / Federal Registry In Ikoyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.