Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? (6887 Views)

No Male Child Yet, I Feel Suicidal Sometimes / Why Fathers Dont Coach their male children On Sex? / Why Do Couples Desperately Desire Male Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by onegig(m): 7:07pm On Nov 15, 2013
thorpido: On very rare occasions,it's been found that some carry only one type of gamete.
Some women also have v.aginal fluids that are too acidic and kill the male gametes easily when introduced.This is one of the reasons a woman could keep having girls.
ok. Wetin i no go hear for here. So the fluids will be searching for one that contains the x chromosomes to kill abi?
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by tpia5: 7:12pm On Nov 15, 2013
thorpido: On very rare occasions,it's been found that some carry only one type of gamete.
Some women also have v.aginal fluids that are too acidic and kill the male gametes easily when introduced.This is one of the reasons a woman could keep having girls.

you wish.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by tpia5: 7:12pm On Nov 15, 2013
kay-one:
big thanks to bebe2, greatgod, auschris, jmoore, baby123, Gboliwe, and thorpido, for ya politeness and for being mature enough to understand my standpoint. your contributions were quite meaningful and well received. thanks alot. . .

for the rest who think i who think i give the least care bout what trash they spew, listen: i came here for clarification and i've gotten it. shikena!!!

i know i didnt make an assertion; i only asked a question.

amazing you're using mature in a sentence.

so you consider yourself mature?

2 Likes

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by baby124: 7:31pm On Nov 15, 2013

Makes sense. I wanted to say maybe the conditions in the vag*ina are not conducive for male sperm. In all, i think both have their roles to play too. Because some families you see so many boys, some so many girls. While some its mixed. We have so many males in my family.

1 Like

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by tpia5: 7:42pm On Nov 15, 2013
the va.gina is not acidic during ovulation due to the release of hormones which make it conducive for receiving sperm.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 15, 2013
tpia@:

amazing you're using mature in a sentence.

so you consider yourself mature?

come, otapiapia or whatever you call yaself, must you beg to be noticed haba!! ok, i don see you. oya, abeg pack one side, mek i see better discussion between baby123 and thorpido

1 Like

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by pickabeau1: 8:06pm On Nov 15, 2013
kay-one:
big thanks to bebe2, greatgod, auschris, jmoore, baby123, Gboliwe, and thorpido, for ya politeness and for being mature enough to understand my standpoint. your contributions were quite meaningful and well received. thanks alot. . .

for the rest who think i who think i give the least care bout what trash they spew, listen: i came here for clarification and i've gotten it. shikena!!!

i know i didnt make an assertion; i only asked a question.

Bros you still fit dey misyarn like this..

Basic science

1 Like

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by tpia5: 9:22pm On Nov 15, 2013
baby_123:

Makes sense. I wanted to say maybe the conditions in the vag*ina are not conducive for male sperm. In all, i think both have their roles to play too. Because some families you see so many boys, some so many girls. While some its mixed. We have so many males in my family.

When the Y sperm swims faster than the X sperm, you have a male child.

When the reverse is the case, the child is female.

An acidic vagina would would not be conducive for all the sperm, not just some of the sperm.

Thats why a woman gets pregnant only at certain times, not everytime she has sex.

The hormones that prepare the uterus for conception, also prepare the v.agina to receive sperm.

1 Like

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by addictiv(m): 9:39pm On Nov 15, 2013
Op the sex of the child is determined by the chromosomes produced by the male.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by greatgod2012(f): 10:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
baby_123:

i have seen some women who have been abused, maltreated and eventually sent away by their husbands for giving birth to only female children, only for them to remarry and start having male children with and for another man. What do you think of this?
It happened to one of my aunties, among many other examples, hence, my prayers on my first post on this thread.

3 Likes

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by baby124: 10:26pm On Nov 15, 2013
tpia@:

When the Y sperm swims faster than the X sperm, you have a male child.

When the reverse is the case, the child is female.

An acidic vagina would would not be conducive for all the sperm, not just some of the sperm.

Thats why a woman gets pregnant only at certain times, not everytime she has sex.

The hormones that prepare the uterus for conception, also prepare the v.agina to receive sperm.

The Y sperm swims faster and is weaker than the X. So it is easily destroyed by an acidic environment. While the X can linger around for longer and is a stronger sperm. So definitely, if the environment is acidic the woman may have more girls. The logic behind it is the man donates millions of sperm, X or Y. We know that at various times of ovulation the gender can be determined based on the mucous present to transport the sperm. Therefore it is evident that conditions of the vagina also promote conception or gender as well. There are many factors in play with gender selection. It is not just the man, but the couple. imo.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by baby124: 10:27pm On Nov 15, 2013
greatgod2012:

i have seen some women who have been abused, maltreated and eventually sent away by their husbands for giving birth to only female children, only for them to remarry and start having male children with and for another man. What do you think of this?
It happened to one of my aunties, among many other examples, hence, my prayers on my first post on this thread.

There are also men who have all girls with one woman, but a boy with an outsider. So the situation is both ways.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by tpia5: 10:30pm On Nov 15, 2013
that means he would have most likely still had the boy if he'd had sex with the mother of the girls at that time.

the man is the determinant of gender.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by tpia5: 10:33pm On Nov 15, 2013
baby_123:

The Y sperm swims faster and is weaker than the X. So it is easily destroyed by an acidic environment. While the X can linger around for longer and is a stronger sperm. So definitely, if the environment is acidic the woman may have more girls. The logic behind it is the man donates millions of sperm, X or Y. We know that at various times of ovulation the gender can be determined based on the mucous present to transport the sperm. Therefore it is evident that conditions of the vagina also promote conception or gender as well. There are many factors in play with gender selection. It is not just the man, but the couple. imo.

the ph of the va.gina is not that acidic at the time of conception.

if it were acidic, no sperm would survive and if any did, they'd most likely result in either no fertilization at all, or a spontaneous abortion should one occur.

an acidic ph would result in no conception, not gender selection.

sorry, but its still the man, if you think very well about it even besides the scientific explanation.

1 Like

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by baby124: 10:38pm On Nov 15, 2013
tpia@:

the ph of the va.gina is not that acidic at the time of conception.

if it were acidic, no sperm would survive and if any did, they'd most likely result in either no fertilization at all, or a spontaneous abortion should one occur.

sorry, but its still the man, if you think very well about it even besides the scientific explanation.

Sperm is like the lottery. Anything can happen. It is up to the lottery wheel to throw out the balls. It can be 1, 2 or 3. I am not blaming a gender. I think both have a role to play. From my experience, 3 generations of all girls cannot be a coincidence. Besides the PH is on a scale. Who is to say that depending on what end of the scale it is, it may accept or promote fertilization of x or y. Anyways this topic is still up for discussion. Who knows what science will come up with tomorrow

How are Sperm Affected by Your Vaginal pH Level?

There are two kinds of sperm: male and female. Male sperm are typically faster but less resistant to acidity. Female sperm move slower but are stronger and more acid resistant. Ovulation Calculator suggests that manipulating your pH levels prior to conception can help determine which kind of sperm has a better chance of getting to the egg. In a high acidity environment, a female sperm has a better chance, while in a low acidity environment, a male sperm has a better chance.
http://womenshealth.answers.com/reproductive-health/vaginal-ph-before-pregnancy-and-how-it-affects-conceiving-a-boy-or-a-girl-baby

1 Like

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by tpia5: 10:43pm On Nov 15, 2013
^if you think about it, you'll realize its the man.

remove "wild card" scenarios, get a sample consisting of stable and verifiable baselines, and you'll get the same conclusion.

generally speaking of course, there's always an exception to every rule.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by baby124: 10:45pm On Nov 15, 2013
tpia@:
^if you think about it, you'll realize its the man.

Are we agreeing that men produce millions of sperm cells both x and y? Do you agree? As much as i would like to blame the man for this, i just feel from personal experience there is much more at play.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by eagleeye2: 10:59pm On Nov 15, 2013
kay-one:

how true is this enlighten me everyone
First, they abused the OP. When he only asked for enlightenment.
Onye ajuju adighi efu uzo.
NB
Someone is trying to say, this is what I have observed ohh..... OP, may not be altogether silly with his questions....... Mba....NO.....If it is not what our science teacher taught us, then I can never entertain a contrary opinion.....
NL is filled with ITK, over sabi and "typing encyclopeadia"
please dont quote me..... I am a confirmed Olodo.

2 Likes

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by addictiv(m): 12:04am On Nov 16, 2013
Op some people are praying and doing all they can just to have one child. Even if the child is blind, deaf or lame they ll gladly accept. They are not even interested in the sex of the child. If you cant have boys remember that you can adopt, if you are in dire need of a male child. What if you leave her and get married to another woman and you guys cant even have a single kid?
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by greatgod2012(f): 12:41am On Nov 16, 2013
Another thing that just crossed my mind now ios that, if the op actually and really love that lady, he wont even think towards that direction.

@op, do you REALLY love that lady?

1 Like

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by tpia5: 1:43am On Nov 16, 2013
Ok, i did a search and found this topic repeatedly on nl and the internet.

Has anyone specifically tried the methods prescribed and gotten the projected result ( eg male child).

Can you tell us how or if it worked for you, and please, no tall tales.

I'm just curious, because the feedback was mostly half and half, some say the methods work and others say its still chance.

However, my own theories generally rang true, empirically speaking and as far as i know.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by tpia5: 1:45am On Nov 16, 2013
The methods i'm referring to include chinese calendar, penetration, ovulation period, position during and after sex, eating certain foods, etc etc.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by baby124: 2:15am On Nov 16, 2013
greatgod2012: Another thing that just crossed my mind now ios that, if the op actually and really love that lady, he wont even think towards that direction.

He is looking for a baby factory. Simple. Knowing how having a male child is almost a fanatical issue with Nigerians to a certain extent, this guy is trying to make a calculated risk. The thing is you can't enter into every girls vagina and gauge acidity. What he is running from is what God might give him. He should just go with an open mind and thank God for the gift of children.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by Nobody: 4:29am On Nov 16, 2013
eagle,eye:

First, they abused the OP. When he only asked for enlightenment.

Onye ajuju adighi efu uzo.
NB
Someone is trying to say, this is what I have observed ohh..... OP, may not be altogether silly with his questions....... Mba....NO.....If it is
not what our science teacher taught us, then I can never entertain a contrary opinion.....
NL is filled with ITK, over sabi and "typing encyclopeadia"
please dont quote me..... I am a confirmed Olodo.

i wonder oo my dear. God is watching oo
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by Nobody: 5:17am On Nov 16, 2013
greatgod2012:
Another thing that just crossed my mind now ios that, if the op actually and really love that lady, he wont even think towards that direction.

, yes i TRULY love her, and i'm not just saying so 'to pass exam'. i do. i only asked the question for knowing sake, cos my mom's showing too much concern over it and she had examples she always cited each time she raises the issue. you know moms' wahala na

btw, thanks for that prayer you made for me earlier on

@Baby123, lolz. i aint guaging nothing oo. i'll be okay with whatever gender God blesses me with. peeps've taught me quite a number of things
on this thread

1 Like

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by Nobody: 5:42am On Nov 16, 2013
Kay one why did u tell tpia to park one side?
Have u really gone tru her posts here abi u wanna be sentimental?
So far, I find her contribution on this topic highly educating. Why not do some research work instead of behaving like a typical nlder?
Apologise to the lady jor. U were very ungentlemanly.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by Nobody: 5:57am On Nov 16, 2013
tpia@:
The methods i'm referring to include chinese calendar, penetration, ovulation period, position during and after sex, eating certain foods, etc etc.
Some said chinese calendar is 50:50. Some said its just a myth. My cous wife will swear by her life that its very effective. Wanted 3 boys and gat that.

I've also seen where it doesn't work too.

As for the rest, yes, they r important too especially timing of intercourse when ovulating. Its almost a guarantee but one has to follow some certain procedures(provided both couples doesn't hv medical issues).
To predict ovulation, ovulation kit is used and timing is very important. A family member tried that and got 2 boys after 3 gals. Introduced some of her friends and it worked for them.
She said on one ocassion hubby has to come back from work. She ordered her kit from Holland and then according to her it was 100 thousand.(8 to 9 yrs ago)
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by Nobody: 6:08am On Nov 16, 2013
Generally, there is nothing wrong with poster's question. If he is so afraid, they can go tru some proven methods or if worst use ivf. His choice, his money.
Nowadays science has widened pple's scope on choice of sex selection.
Still yet, if he believes in God, he should table that to him.

Since we live in a culture where its still a taboo for some pple to hv only females (especially ibo pple and I assume poster is ibo), he is right to hv some concerns. We shouldn't blame him.
Lv fly away when serious issues r at stake and considering where he came from, his pple might go to any length to pokenose and interfere when problems like that surfaces.
It is well.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by greatgod2012(f): 6:31am On Nov 16, 2013
kay-one:

, yes i TRULY love her, and i'm not just saying so 'to pass exam'. i do. i only asked the question for knowing sake, cos my mom's showing too much concern over it and she had examples she always cited each time she raises the issue. you know moms' wahala na

btw, thanks for that prayer you made for me earlier on

@kay-one, stop working yourself up, this type of issue, e get as e be, God is up there doing what He pleases with us people, He givves us what He thinks we can handle, im not saying scientific researches/work is a myth, but sometimes, it's beyond human comprehension.

With permission from one of my colleagues, i just called her this morning to give me permission to share her story, because she's also a NLDer, but a passive one, she might see this post and be offended, hence, my request which was granted.
This my colleague's father has 3 wives and 13 children........all females, not a single male, and she's now the mother of 4..........all males, not a single female.

So, stop working up yourself.
Delight yourself in the Lord and He shall grant you the desires of your heart, says the bible.
It is well.

4 Likes

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by onegig(m): 9:05am On Nov 16, 2013
baby_123:

Are we agreeing that men produce millions of sperm cells both x and y? Do you agree? As much as i would like to blame the man for this, i just feel from personal experience there is much more at play.
Do a verifiable research and stop boring us with your self taught assertions. Listen to yourself. Acid kills of the y gamete . Lol. So you are saying there is selective fertilization? So what happened in women who gave birth to boys only. The x were also killed by a basic solution i guess?

2 Likes

Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by thorpido(m): 9:15am On Nov 16, 2013
onegig: ok. Wetin i no go hear for here. So the fluids will be searching for one that contains the x chromosomes to kill abi?
Get education.
The male gametes and the female gametes do not have the same nature.The Y(male) gamete is faster but weaker and dies easily.The X(female) is slower but can endure more and live longer than the Y.Depending on the condition of the v.aginal environment,the male sperm may not survive long which makes it easier to have more female gametes to fertilize the egg.
There's something called the PH of a woman's fluid.
Re: 6 In Their Family, No Male. Will I Be Able To Have Male Children With Her? by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 16, 2013
I totally agree with you ,its beyond human comprehension.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Federal Registry In Ikoyi / His Wife Was Molested In Front Of His Son / Police Detain 7-month-old Baby, Parents Over N20,000 Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.